Why does every guy talk about how bad marriage is?

I’ve had lots of hot chicks when playing major junior hockey and working on the road. I don’t care about that. I am attracted to her but basically, yeah it’s something she wants. I do get what you mean though. I think a lot of my buddies either did that or settled for the first woman who would put up with them.

I don’t give a shit about a ceremony. I don’t want to be with anybody else and I love the life we have together. I just couldn’t care less if we got married. I feel like most dudes don’t and just do it for her. It’s her dream, not mine. I am kind of excited about it too, don’t get me wrong but little boys don’t grow up dreaming of a wedding like girls do.

I spend tens of thousands of dollars every year on power sports and truck stuff, I feel the least I could do is give her something she wants for a change. She’s a great person and I want her in my life forever. I’m willing to do it and do whatever she wants, her way on this one thing.

I have a meeting with my lawyer next week to draw up a prenup though. I want to have my assets and stuff clearly defined. Besides that, I’m down lol.
How will you respond when she asks you why you want a prenup?

Hard to say.

My son was born 9 months and 3 days after our wedding.

So basically skipped the married no kids stage. Married no kids and pregnant is not the same imo.

After marriage the blowjobs dry up and the nagging goes up

Ps best of luck up you Sherbro, and may your post marriage BJs be plenty

One guy I know had his drunken Aunt tell him at his wedding that before you are married, the pussy is open and the mouth is closed [meaning that they don't complain]. After marriage, the mouth is open and the pussy is closed.

After marriage the blowjobs dry up and the nagging goes up

Ps best of luck up you Sherbro, and may your post marriage BJs be plenty
This is true. But also, people only remember the good parts of being single. A lot if it is just being no lonely as fuck and doing anything to escape that loneliness.

A friend of mine lived with a woman for 7 years and decided to get married. All of his friends warned him that the sex would end. He said that she likes sex more often than he does. I saw him again a year later and he said we were absolutely right and it had been over 6 months since they had sex.

I don't know what it is, but something changes when you get married. Maybe for women, it's like fishing. The fun is in trying to get a fish to take the bait and reeling them in. Catch and release has been popular.

They picked the wrong girl or their shit character caused a reaction that made the girl evolve into a shit girl.
“Love is blind”

That phrase exists for a reason. How can you tell if someone has good character? That can change over the span of a marriage, how can it be enforced?

5yrs is still fairly new in a relationship. It's after a while when you start feeling unappreciated and realize that you've signed all your rights away.

There’s a good reason why marriage is referred to as an institution and requires commitment. Same as an insane asylum.

LOL @ 5 years.

Brand new on your feet.

I already mentioned it to her. She said she’d sign it no problem and didn’t give a shit at all. She’s not financially motivated, almost to a fault. She’s smart enough to know she’s bad with money but that’s about it. I’d like her to take some more interest and grow up a little in that aspect but she’s not materialistic.

I would say she’s kind of financially retarded tbh. She has her pension from work that they match a lot on and rainy day fund I set up for her that she has no clue how much is in. She makes her own money (96k last year, good job, rising fast) and asked me to manage her money 100%. She’s on an allowance of her own money. I find the whole money thing kind of funny.

I sold my previous house for 7 figures. We are building one now and her only demands were an island in the kitchen and “countertops like the old house” which are white quartz. Before I dated her, I did not realize women could be so chill like this. She can get whatever she wants for a wedding, she’s a keeper. The icing on the cake is how well she treats my elderly mother.

15 years this year and still going well. Like others have said communication is key and so is compromise. I had plenty of girlfriends before who were only interested in themselves. When I met my wife it was clear she was interested in us as a team, and wanted a family.

It took me til 35 to find the right one. A lot of people get married much too young. My wife is asian too. They have a different mindset to most western women I met.

Answer: "Because the possiblity we might get divorced one day exists and I'd rather we deal with it now while we love each other rather than then."

If you can't be honest with your future spouse, what are you even getting married for?

5 years is young for a relationship and the road to the finish line is long and hard.

It's just my own superstition but I feel like going into a marriage with an exit plan in place is a self fulfilling prophecy.

I hope you have better friends than Tim Elliot, best wishes to the two of you.

Been with my wife 21 years, married for 17. Raised a son and daughter . My daughter is in college now and my son is working and preparing to go to trade school.

My wife has always been amazing , she is very intelligent and caring . Never says a bad thing about others and always showed loyalty to me the whole time even when life punched us in the face at times.

We have become even closer as our kids are now adults and have their own lives. We have a lot more free time together and constantly do things together. We walk every night around the neighborhood and just talk about anything.

I hope you all find a good woman, but you better be just as good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sammywells
Back