Why does Conor hate cutting to 155?

Shit, I remember following an interview with Conor, I think it was before his fight with Khabib. In it, he sounded like an intelligent, articulate man, but the amount of bullshit coming out of his mouth was just unreal. Like every other phrase was either a lie, and wild exaggeration or just plain BS.
The fact that anyone can take seriously whatever crap he says is just insane.

Why would anyone WANT to cut weight. Also, a win at 170 allows him to jump the line at both weights, and he knows that.

2 Rules of fighting:

- Never reveal your true weight going into a fight

-
2 Rules of weight cutting:
- do not talk about weight cutting
- do not talk about weight cutting!

Have you seen recent pics? He walks around at about 220 now, that would be hard for any man of that size to make LW again.

maxresdefault.jpg

Left hand hits harder than Wilder and Tyson together

He said in recent interview he's about 170, so he lied previously.
I mean he is a lying leprechaun. That's what leprechauns do.

As to cutting to 155, yes cutting is never pleasant, but he's NEVER going to fight the other guys at 170 lol.

He’s gotten a bit older and has lived hard quite a bit over the last few years - even the cut to 155 for the Floyd fight had him looking pretty rough at weigh ins.

It’s harder for him than it was before and he just doesn't want to make it if he doesn't have to.

Add to that he’s been trying to float the idea of WW for a long time, he was creating sparks with Woodley at MSG because he wanted to consider going there even then. I think fighting at WW is a bad move for him and he’ll get fucked up but that’s obviously another motivator for him to do it more in his own mind.

People are super ignorant if they think conor is anywhere near 160lbs right now, His coach is on record saying he was walking around at 177lbs while fighting at featherweight.

Does this look like a 15lb weight cut to you? if he was cutting from 160 to 145 5+ years ago for featherweight that would be just a 15lb cut, you are deluded if you think a 15lb weight cut results in this.
DeJlU1p.jpg

siver4.jpg

ufc-194-mixed-martial-arts-76-390x285.jpg

Example 1: This is what an 18lb weight cut looks like, marcos madiana re-hydrated 18lbs after weighing in at 147lbs vs mayweather, compare how he look son the scale compared to conor

may12-420x280.jpg

Source: https://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Floyd_Mayweather_Jr._vs._Marcos_Maidana

Example 2

Victor ortiz re-hydrated 17lbs after weighing in at 147lbs vs mayweather, this is what a 17lb weight cut looks like

8PVwQrxPoWUlzOgz77CwYW3uBjO.jpg

WildBitterCrownofthornsstarfish-size_restricted.gif

Floyd+Mayweather+Jr+v+Victor+Ortiz+Weigh+a1nH97lUvIdx.jpg

Chael sonnen said conor told him that he was 172lbs just 8 days out for his fight with chad mendes at 145lbs, 8 day's out he was already killing himself making weight just look at the state of him, the guy was cutting 30+lbs for feather weight, he is WAY bigger now than he was back then,

People are super ignorant if they think conor is anywhere near 160lbs right now, His coach is on record saying he was walking around at 177lbs while fighting at featherweight.

Does this look like a 15lb weight cut to you? if he was cutting from 160 to 145 5+ years ago for featherweight that would be just a 15lb cut, you are deluded if you think a 15lb weight cut results in this.
DeJlU1p.jpg

siver4.jpg

ufc-194-mixed-martial-arts-76-390x285.jpg

Example 1: This is what an 18lb weight cut looks like, marcos madiana re-hydrated 18lbs after weighing in at 147lbs vs mayweather, compare how he look son the scale compared to conor

may12-420x280.jpg

Source: https://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Floyd_Mayweather_Jr._vs._Marcos_Maidana

Example 2

Victor ortiz re-hydrated 17lbs after weighing in at 147lbs vs mayweather, this is what a 17lb weight cut looks like

8PVwQrxPoWUlzOgz77CwYW3uBjO.jpg

WildBitterCrownofthornsstarfish-size_restricted.gif

Floyd+Mayweather+Jr+v+Victor+Ortiz+Weigh+a1nH97lUvIdx.jpg

Chael sonnen said conor told him that he was 172lbs just 8 days out for his fight with chad mendes at 145lbs, 8 day's out he was already killing himself making weight just look at the state of him, the guy was cutting 30+lbs for feather weight, he is WAY bigger now than he was back then,

your pictures speak facts, but you are wasting your time

These conor half wit fans would believe he was Jesus if he announced it

Anyone would know that he was an expert at cutting weight and easily cut 20 plus pounds fighting at FW

Well this thread is already derailed by the stupidity of you believing Conor McGregor weighs 160 lbs right now
you would know ;)

You take anything about Conor very seriously
Hope you'll be okay after he gets KTFO in the easiest fight he could find

your pictures speak facts, but you are wasting your time

These conor half wit fans would believe he was Jesus if he announced it

Anyone would know that he was an expert at cutting weight and easily cut 20 plus pounds fighting at FW

I forgive them.
Many people with interest in fighting sports still have no idea how weightcutting has a massive effect on fighters.
They often have SOME idea, but don't understand the intricacies of it, and often listen too much to fighters who are full of shit and bullshit people.

The reality is that weightcutting is a complex science, and I believe some individuals are more apt to cutting enormous amount of weight than others. It comes down to genetics and FRAMES. Really humans are no different to breeds of dogs in terms of how they pack weight differently.

Conor has an ideal frame for FW. When he cuts weight aggressively, he is the supreme leader of that division.
Not based on skills but on the weight cutting. The punches of other FWs do not hurt him so much. On the other hand, he hits them very hard. Most FWs and smaller weight divisions are full of overblown midgets...But Conor is a lightweight and even welterweight, frame wise, who is able to deflate himself (leaving only bones) for FW. Its amazing this is even possible.

I forgive them.
Many people with interest in fighting sports still have no idea how weightcutting has a massive effect on fighters.
They often have SOME idea, but don't understand the intricacies of it, and often listen too much to fighters who are full of shit and bullshit people.

The reality is that weightcutting is a complex science, and I believe some individuals are more apt to cutting enormous amount of weight than others. It comes down to genetics and FRAMES. Really humans are no different to breeds of dogs in terms of how they pack weight differently.

Conor has an ideal frame for FW. When he cuts weight aggressively, he is the supreme leader of that division.
Not based on skills but on the weight cutting. The punches of other FWs do not hurt him so much. On the other hand, he hits them very hard. Most FWs and smaller weight divisions are full of overblown midgets...But Conor is a lightweight and even welterweight, frame wise, who is able to deflate himself (leaving only bones) for FW. Its amazing this is even possible.

They don't want to acknowledge the real truth I agree fully with your whole post

He has short torso, with long ass legs and arms especially

You couldn't physically build better advantages for striking at 145 when he already out weighs everyone (Jones is similar at 205)

Conor easily enters the cage a similar weight to Khabib, but like you say genetics play a major role in his cut

He floats around 170 in fight shape now. He said he weighed 160 "and a bit". I do think he could easily weigh high 160's right at the end of his camp, before he rests up and recovers during fight week. He will likely be 170 - 175 in the cage.

Because he's lying about weighing 160 obviously

Just wants to push the small man narrative

I'm 180 and I'm cutting to 155 for a fight in two weeks. Cutting weight fucking sucks.

He didnt grow up wrestling so its not second nature, plus it sucks

He is not 160 thats why, he looks a lot more bulky than before especially around the shoulders. He has to cut weight to get too 170.. but I just know he will weigh in at 169 or 169.5 to prove a point and say see I told ya not 170
that doesnt really make sense dude i think youre looking TOO deep into it like 2 DEEP

Back