Why does Conor hate cutting to 155?

Thats a bit of a big cut, good luck in your fight
Ya, I made it smoothly last time with a month of dieting (literally no carbs or sugar) and 6k runs in the morning on top of the normal training. I didn't have to do the horrible epson salt bath or anything like that and I fought healthy and hydrated.

Shameless promo. Here's my next opponent and my last two fights.

83118421_10215018819519567_994063115437998080_o.jpg

He's getting lazy or he knows he has tougher competition at LW or he just wants an easy route for the khabib fight.

I think it's the 3rd because he didn't had issues in his 3 cuts for LW (Eddie, Floyd and khabib) so he wants to win a fight in a higher weight class against an opponent who has a clear weakness to boxing, so eh can have an easy way to the khabib rematch. I just don't see Mcg fighting the top WW unless he wants CTE.

Because weight cutting sucks. It should also be done away with. Weigh ins on fight day one hour before the fight.

Ya, I made it smoothly last time with a month of dieting (literally no carbs or sugar) and 6k runs in the morning on top of the normal training. I didn't have to do the horrible epson salt bath or anything like that and I fought healthy and hydrated.

Shameless promo. Here's my next opponent and my last two fights.

View attachment 710641

YOU KNOW DA WAE MY SON. i hope more fighters can actually follow a diet AND NOT KILLING THEMSELVES WITH DEHYDRATION TO CUT 20 LBS IN 3 DAYS!.

Because weight cutting sucks. It should also be done away with. Weigh ins on fight day one hour before the fight.

Or actual diet with nutritionists. That's why Hendricks went from champ to bum: cutting too much in too little time with no diet whatsoever.

1) People are putting too much stock into his offhand approximation of his weight.

2) Have you ever cut weight before? It’s extremely unpleasant. And in this fight, it doesn’t really matter if it’s at 155 or 170.

This fight is at 170 coz Conor has his eye on a quick turn around, if he gets through Cerrone unscathed he wants to get right back in their and fight again, not having to deplete his body with a weight cut would help for a quick turn around, MMA is changing, I don't think a lot of the top fighters view them self as a 145'ers, 155'ers, 170'ers...etc anymore, they will go were the best opportunity is.

Did you catch the countdown? They mentioned, after RDA pulled out because of injury, the list of opponents and Nate was described as the "170lb superstar"

{<huh}
It was 2015 the last time Diaz fought at LW, do you want them to call him a LW?

I'm 180 and I'm cutting to 155 for a fight in two weeks. Cutting weight fucking sucks.
Ay, good luck on that. My lone fight at 155lb I weighed in at 145lb.

I've cut like 4 pounds before and was bitching so I couldn't imagine your hell.

that doesnt really make sense dude i think youre looking TOO deep into it like 2 DEEP
Naw it makes sense, Conor seems to be doing everything to save face in the case of a loss. It's just business to him at this point, he even said that to Khabib during their fight.

if you ever cut weight this wouldnt be a thread.

Conor told Ariel that he currently weighs 160 and a bit which is easily under 170. If that is true why does he complain about cutting 6-7 pounds to hit 155? He said he hates the cut prior to the Khabib fight and wanted a 165 division.

Someone who barely weighs over 160 should have no problem with that cut.

Smells like BS.
Because he doesn't LIKE anything other than money, throwing hand trucks at buses, not defending titles, turning into a panic wrestler and assaulting old men in bars.

Ay, good luck on that. My lone fight at 155lb I weighed in at 145lb.

I've cut like 4 pounds before and was bitching so I couldn't imagine your hell.

I run every morning, train with the pros at my club a couple times a week and the biggest thing is DIET.
NO sugar and NO carbs for a few weeks. Weight melts off.

He's definitely not 160. He's looking about as inflated as he's ever been. And if thats the case less than 160 to 145 wouldn't have killed him nearly as bad as it did back in the day when he was actively trying to keep his weight down. 175-180 seems more plausible.

No way Conrad is low 160s.........

This guy can't keep his own stories straight.

Because cutting weight = losing muscle and strength. He doesn’t want to cut weight for an easy fight like cowboy.

You can tell he’s building mass since khabib was so much stronger than him. Conor wants to build a solid strength base then do cardio to fight Khabib at 55.

Fighting and basically all sports is all about breaking down your body and then rebuilding it. This applies double to sports with weight classes

Unless conor gets on some special vitamins he’ll never be as strong as khabib at 155.

Not really gotten too is having my post deleted.

The only trash are conor and his fans - birds of a feather.

Not sure if you know what "gotten to" really means...

Also any fighter in the UFC, even some of the chubby heavies, have paid their dues in the gym and no one has had an easy ride.

Wise up, lil fella.

Conor told Ariel that he currently weighs 160 and a bit which is easily under 170. If that is true why does he complain about cutting 6-7 pounds to hit 155? He said he hates the cut prior to the Khabib fight and wanted a 165 division.

Someone who barely weighs over 160 should have no problem with that cut.

Smells like BS.
Same reason every fighter hates cutting weight? This a serious question?

Back