Why do you dislike McGregor?

Because he's an insufferable douchebag. I seriously can't understand how people can enjoy listening to him at press conferences. He talks way too long saying a bunch of retarded shit, and interrupts every other fighter when they try to talk even when it has nothing to do with him. Talks about how opponents should show respect to him, yet he never shows respect to anyone.

It doesn't help he has the shittiest tattoos ever, dresses in tight pants and hipster jackets, and has a manbun. Then all he talks about is how he has so much money.

He's clearly got skills, but there's no way I could ever bring myself to root for someone like that. The guy is literally the definition of a douchebag.

I really like McGregor when and if he is fighting. His schtick just cloyed for me after the Aldo media death march.

Sherdog is the reason I dislike him. Then again, it's not really McGregor, it's just his delusional fans.

At a certain point you're going to need to ask yourself if they really are delusional or if they saw something you didn't. After all, a few years ago I'd have thought it delusional if someone predicted him running through Jose Aldo like that and then fighting for a second strap in his next fight.

His act worked really well for an underdog. Not so much for a champ.

Have the words: insufferable douche , been used yet ?.

I really just cannot get behind a disingenuous act.

I think one overlooked reason for people's dislike of Conor is that they just don't see how great he is.

Even if people dislike his personality (they're bad if they do) or his fans (obviously a terrible reason for disliking McGregor himself), the positives clearly outweigh the negatives. There's never been anyone like Conor in MMA. He's clearly special, to the extent that you shouldn't care that he's arrogant, that he says he's gonna behead his opponents, or that his fans are passionate.

This^

Not saying he's the best MMA fighter ever but he is going to be the biggest MMA superstar ever. All major stars have their haters no matter what the sport - Golf / Tiger Woods, Basketball / Jordan, Football / Beckham, Boxing / Tyson & Ali.

Every top fighter evntually gets da hate. It's in out DNA

I like to see Conor fight, but he has the most cancerous fanbase of slack-jawed casuals ever, that constantly clogs the forums with shit threads (''Is Conor the new Bruce Lee???? Could have Conor beat Fedor???").
Complete moronic trailer trash, and I'll have the honor of kicking one of his worst balls-licker in Scheme after RDA is done with the swagger-jacker...

Same thing happened with Ronda. Similar fanbase (equally beta and inbred somehow) and look today, were you at Ronda fanboys?

This "Scheme" hillbilly will nope the fuck out of here like the mule kicked his sister's jaw during their private time behind the barn.
You're done Cletus, pack your moonshine and guns.

RF

I don't get why someone wouldn't like him, he's a big personality and a great fighter.

First off, his fans are some of the worst next to Rousey's. Second, he is classless with some of the shit he says and does. I understand being confident, but he's straight up disrespectful at times. Also, he's a bit delusional with his claims, going past confident and straight to arrogant. And last, he's overhyped. Great string of wins, but to call himself the greatest ever is stupid at this point. His special treatment gets him things he hasn't earned. I personally dont like the idea of him getting whatever he wants simply for being a loudmouth, when most people would have to clean out at least 3 of the top 5 guys to get a title shot.

I also don't like the fact that Conor thinks that if you beat the current champ, you're better than everyone else in the division... Some fights are better suited to Conor and winning the belt doesn't mean you've faced your toughest challenge in that division.

Backing up your talk should not earn you a right to skip over the top fighters of a division and straight to a title fight. Especially in 3 weight divisions. The only reason he had more fights at FW was because of Aldo pulling out, otherwise they were doing their best to rush him to a title.

The UFC politics bother me a lot at this point. They're trying their best, just like with rousey, to keep Conor on top simply to make money, because he sure as hell doesn't deserve the title shot at 155, and if he wins, should never be offered a shot at the WW champ.

His worst troll fans and his disrespect.

I really like his fighting style and training.

Conor is one of the most discussed things on Sherdog obviously. Do you dislike him because of the persona or him beating the top guy. Or is it in my case his fans. Posters like FacePlanter, 13seconds, Head Clean Off etc...
I have mad respect towards him but like I was saying his fans make me want to see RDA molest him.
Please add to the topic!
I liked him until his blasphemous Jesus comments. I did not throw a fit over it and pray for God to kill him with lightening, but it did turn me off.

I originally liked him because he had a good chance of beating Aldo. Now after he blitzed Aldo in 13 seconds i dont really have a reason to like him anymore, and his accent is annoying. Win or lose against RDA (could care less who wins) I will be rooting for Frankie when he gets his shot at taking that FW belt.
Like they say, your only as good as your last fight.

Conor is life. Conor will bring light to those stuck in darkness. Conor will give sight to the blind. His left hand is like a path, illuminated through the darkness. He accepts all: his beloved followers, the foul heathens. The day comes true, when the nonbeliever sees the only path there is. Conor is greatness. Conor is holy. Conor is GOAT.
Preach! Brother

Dislike the fighter because of his fans? Havent heard that one before... You people...

No, but it sucked having to pick between him and Aldo, and his overzealous troll fanbase made it impossible to stay neutral.

I like to see Conor fight, but he has the most cancerous fanbase of slack-jawed casuals ever, that constantly clogs the forums with shit threads (''Is Conor the new Bruce Lee???? Could have Conor beat Fedor???").
Complete moronic trailer trash, and I'll have the honor of kicking one of his worst balls-licker in Scheme after RDA is done with the swagger-jacker...

Same thing happened with Ronda. Similar fanbase (equally beta and inbred somehow) and look today, were you at Ronda fanboys?

This "Scheme" hillbilly will nope the fuck out of here like the mule kicked his sister's jaw during their private time behind the barn.
You're done Cletus, pack your moonshine and guns.

RF

Dude you're projecting

Conor is one of the most discussed things on Sherdog obviously. Do you dislike him because of the persona or him beating the top guy. Or is it in my case his fans. Posters like FacePlanter, 13seconds, Head Clean Off etc...
I have mad respect towards him but like I was saying his fans make me want to see RDA molest him.
Please add to the topic!
Conor is the man! Best thing to happen to martial arts right now!

Back