Why do some fans say boxing is just a form of fighting and mma is a real fight...

MMA is closer to a real fight for sure, but boxing is still the most dangerous of the two

Athletes from both sports are tough as fuck, but the disrespect mma fans give boxing is a disgrace

Go and put on 14 oz gloves and try and spar a few rounds with your average boxing gym rat and let me know how the pillows feel

Both sports are fighting, boxing is just a more limited level of fighting and in my humble opinion the tougher of the 2 due to the talent level and continuous blows to the noggin
Enough of the MMA is safer than Boxing line. BS. Half the fights on any given MMA card end with someone needing surgery afterwards. Even the training for MMA Is far more dangerous. Look at how many fights get cancelled every card due to injury. Doesn't happen in boxing.

Nobody says is a real fight. They say it's as close as it gets. Because it's the truth. Boxing is just a punching contest, that's it. As soon as you hold them, the referee stops you.

Have you seen a street fight with no weapons and with no "friends" involved? They do 3 things ( Punching, grabbing and punching and muscling the other to the ground so the can jump on top of them and ground and pound or simply soccer kick them.

MMA is exactly that but done by experts. It's not just punching, there are calf kicks and weird karate kicks because using those gives them an edge over boxers. It's not just grabbing and punching, you have judo throws and all sorts of grecorroman wrestling types of trips and takedowns. And they use wrestling techniques to "muscle" people to the ground and once there there is this JiuJitsu World that they need to understand to survive.

You say you want the soccer kicks in MMA but if you watch the early UFC and Pride events, they were very rare. The truth is that is hard to land those on a person fighting back and often it's just easier to jump on top of them (which you shouldn't do on a street fight because their friends will sucker punch you).

The soccer kick is really a finishing move in a street fight, not part of the actual fight. If they are landing more than one of them, it's because the other guy is done. Which is what you see so much on a street fight because with no referees, the other guy needs to stop on his own once he wins or is stopped by the crown way late.

As for knees to the head. You can see them in ONE FC. They have 40 events a year just like UFC. They are always allowed. They barely change anything in fights. Just another move to be aware that can finish a fight.
So true

Yes your point is valid, even more so because in real combat you would probably use a weapon

Fuck it. Let them fight.

bring on the head stomps, head butts and knees on the ground and soccer kicks to the balls (let them wear cups)

Not a fan of eye gouging, in MMA, I guess we all draw the line somewhere, my line being permanent blindness.

I don't do BJJ, but I never recalled it being called a fight very often, even on here. I am sure there are a few, but I def don't think near what you are trying to impress upon us in here

It's been discussed and said for years. I remember 10 years ago, they're used to be a thread a week talking about someone saying it. You probably don't think so because it probably sounds stupid to you. Happens regularly though

Enough of the MMA is safer than Boxing line. BS. Half the fights on any given MMA card end with someone needing surgery afterwards. Even the training for MMA Is far more dangerous. Look at how many fights get cancelled every card due to injury. Doesn't happen in boxing.

How many deaths and brain injuries caused

It's way safer than boxing

How many deaths and brain injuries caused

It's way safer than boxing
Dear Casual,
Proportionally, deaths in MMA are higher.
On top of that, when was the last time you saw a boxer throw a punch, and his forearm shattered in half?

https://m.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...g-study_n_563ce23be4b0411d3070c8d6?ri18n=true

Plenty of other studies

Boxers strike all the time, mma spend as much time grappling

It has more blood and wee injuries,but is safer than boxing
You need to define safer, because apparently it's not the merriam-webster or oxford english definition.
Wee injuries?
Take the last ten years as a sample set. There have been about the same number of deaths in boxing as MMA, yet there have been at least a hundred times more boxing matches. That makes MMA 100x more deadly than boxing.

its close enough to a real fight simulation

if two guys have an MMA fight, the one that wins would also win a no rules street fight probably 95% of the time

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...-unconscious-in-his-fourth-pro-fight.4182891/

This first reply is exact thing I was talking about. Bitches about legal moves, and say should be banned
The people who made those rules are physicians and they banned those moves because of the high chance of long term effects and death compared to any other strike. Of course that overall MMA is still very dangerous but 1. Any pro sport will give to you plenty of injuries and 2. Motor sport, diving, skiing and more are way more dangerous and have way more deaths they are just not as brutal.

Because a lot mma fans are really insecure about the sport

You need to define safer, because apparently it's not the merriam-webster or oxford english definition.
Wee injuries?
Take the last ten years as a sample set. There have been about the same number of deaths in boxing as MMA, yet there have been at least a hundred times more boxing matches. That makes MMA 100x more deadly than boxing.

Is there a source for this? I just looked quick and as of april 2019 there had only been 7 deaths from sanctioned fights and 9 from unsanctioned in MMA.Surely boxing has had many time that. Though I agree a smaller more recent sample size would be the best way to look at it.

Yet when they see knees to a downed opponent, and soccer kicks they say " it's too much" or " should not be legal"

Isn't that still just a form of fighting then? Seems very hypocritical of us to do.

Just to clarify because we have some people trying to play dumb. We know one is closer to real fighting than the other. My point was why do those same people bitch about knees to downed or soccer kicks should stay illegal. Makes you look like a hypocrite
who would do knees on the ground in a real fight, in a real fight you usually just get body locked and slammed

Back