Why do some fans say boxing is just a form of fighting and mma is a real fight...

MMA is closer to a real fight for sure, but boxing is still the most dangerous of the two

Athletes from both sports are tough as fuck, but the disrespect mma fans give boxing is a disgrace

Go and put on 14 oz gloves and try and spar a few rounds with your average boxing gym rat and let me know how the pillows feel

Both sports are fighting, boxing is just a more limited level of fighting and in my humble opinion the tougher of the 2 due to the talent level and continuous blows to the noggin

So do you believe boxing is closer to a real fight???? I’ve never seen 2 guys say “hey, before we fight let’s go to the store and buy gigantic gloves and also let’s mutually agree to not use our legs or fall to the ground, okay good now let’s fight.”

No, but have you even seen someone say " let's fight" just watch knees to the head if I'm on the ground"

Its all relative to time period.

Boxing seen as more manly as you are required to stand and trade shots as opposed to taking it to the ground and wrapping your legs around your enemy.

Tombstone-Holliday-Ringo.jpg

In these days fist fighting was seen as inferior or something dumb drunk cowpokes did while real men stood and traded gunfire

Yet when they see knees to a downed opponent, and soccer kicks they say " it's too much" or " should not be legal"

Isn't that still just a form of fighting then?

Don't hear that said too often, TBH.

It's really simple. If you want a pure fight so nobody got any unfair advadvantage you will make a fight with no weapons one vs one and minimum clothes. The problem is that if you have no rules there is very good chance of death from eye gouge and groin attack or long term effects especially if you rapidly strike the balls no stop. Also in a street fight a UFC fighter got the highest chance to win, more than a boxer. "In a cage there are rules" so the pro fighters can't attack your eyes just like you can in a street fight? If you will fight jon jones he will easily attack your eyes (just like he already do in the UFC) Groin and balls and will easily kill you.

MMA is closer to a real fight for sure, but boxing is still the most dangerous of the two

Athletes from both sports are tough as fuck, but the disrespect mma fans give boxing is a disgrace

Go and put on 14 oz gloves and try and spar a few rounds with your average boxing gym rat and let me know how the pillows feel

Both sports are fighting, boxing is just a more limited level of fighting and in my humble opinion the tougher of the 2 due to the talent level and continuous blows to the noggin
Don't hear that said too often, TBH.

Man when dj got knocked out, people were bitching like crazy

Is a fight with rules not still a fight? MMA fans make the argument theirs is "more real" because they are fragile and sensitive.

Vale Tudo / NHB were the closest to a real fight in a competition setting. However now a days MMA would be considered the closet thing.

Man when do got knocked out, people were bitching like crazy

Who got knocked out? And it's probably because it's against the rules. Not that it should be, but if it is then you should keep to the rules.

No, but have you even seen someone say " let's fight" just watch knees to the head if I'm on the ground"
This is a straw man argument literally nobody says mma = street fight with no rules. Because if you watch one card you’ll realize their are rules. But, if you used the two brain cells you have left maybe you could have figured out your own question.

It’s so MMA fan (or fighter) can still feel good about themselves after getting that ass beaten in a boxing match.... yes I’m talking about you Ben AssGrin
<{hughesimpress}>

because they have to continually virtue signal that they are an enlightened, compassionate fan. If anyone actually gave two shits about their health they would ban the sport all together. They don't give a fuck about fighter health, they just want everyone to think they do.

Back