• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why do people fly the confederate flag other than to show people they are racist?

Racists didn't "touch" the confederate flag. They created it.

Like this flag.
colonial_flag.jpg

And this one.
granduni.jpg

And this one.
UNKG0001.GIF

It's saying "south pride"
"fuck the north and libs"
"For conservatorrrr"

The flag represents Southern Pride not racism. The lies were perpetuated by the liberals even today.
Where's the sexy girls bro?

Delete

Last edited:
I have seen derps in canada drive in cars with that flag

Stupid morons

Racists didn't "touch" the confederate flag. They created it.

Sorta. You have to remember that motivations for fighting in any war can be rather varied. The vast majority of Confederate soldiers never owned slaves. Not that they saw anything wrong with slavery, they were simply too poor. Many of them fought the war simply because what they considered foreign troops invaded their land. When Lee marched North through Maryland and eventually into Pennsylvania, thousands of his loyal troops refused to march north with him. They intended to defend their homeland and nothing more. There were many others who did it to uphold slavery, which they saw as the natural order of things.

I'm a Northerner. My father was born less than a mile from where Billy Sherman was born. So when I see that flag, I respond with disdain. It seems folly at best to choose that flag as your symbol. That ugly revolt, stained with a hatred of freedom, was stamped out long ago.

But I'm also broad-minded enough to realize that obviously many people who fly that flag think it means something different than it means to me.

Why?
Well, I think Faulkner was on to something when he said this:

“It's all now you see. Yesterday won't be over until tomorrow and tomorrow began ten thousand years ago. For every Southern boy fourteen years old, not once but whenever he wants it, there is the instant when it's still not yet two o'clock on that July afternoon in 1863, the brigades are in position behind the rail fence, the guns are laid and ready in the woods and the furled flags are already loosened to break out and Pickett himself with his long oiled ringlets and his hat in one hand probably and his sword in the other looking up the hill waiting for Longstreet to give the word and it's all in the balance, it hasn't happened yet, it hasn't even begun yet, it not only hasn't begun yet but there is still time for it not to begin against that position and those circumstances which made more men than Garnett and Kemper and Armistead and Wilcox look grave yet it's going to begin, we all know that, we have come too far with too much at stake and that moment doesn't need even a fourteen-year-old boy to think This time. Maybe this time with all this much to lose than all this much to gain: Pennsylvania, Maryland, the world, the golden dome of Washington itself to crown with desperate and unbelievable victory the desperate gamble, the cast made two years ago; or to anyone who ever sailed a skiff under a quilt sail, the moment in 1492 when somebody thought This is it: the absolute edge of no return, to turn back now and make home or sail irrevocably on and either find land or plunge over the world's roaring rim.”

The South lost. Get over it.

I live in Iowa. You know, the state that had the highest casualties(per capita) in the Civil War. It's not rare to see Confederate flags on pickups here. I suppose those guys are just proud of the cultural heritage of southerners, though.

Only if you become Conservative and join the GOP. Then you can have our sweet Southern Belles.

GOP-elephant-775347.gif
I've already had a couple...

[<cena1}

texas-fat-girl.jpg

They arent necessarily racist.

Some of them are just extremely stupid.

Back