Why do people dislike Cormier so much?

Because he's

4E26B-.gif
This has a little bit to do with it too.

Awesome fighter in Strikeforce. Great when he first came over. Later on he started to whine a lot about Jon Jones. And then the Anderson Silva fight happened and he gave us that ugly response after he was criticized.

personally its based on face value.

i think he is ugly as sin. if you are ugly, there is going to be a slim chance that i like you just based on your appearance. dont worry, people cant help how they look, and i cant help how i feel about that.

Most people don't hate him, just the vocal Jon Jones fans that only care about rooting for the best regardless of ethics, character, or cheating.

DC has been through some really tough shit and came out in one piece, whereas Jones fabricates his own drama as if he's "learning a lesson from God", when he's actually just a common criminal with substance abuse issues. How anyone can like who Jones is out of the ring is beyond me and I'll never root for him. DC is a beast and I'll always root for him.

Seems like a nice enough guy, I've always liked him.

Hes not beta in the fuckin ring. Jon Jones decided he needed to cheat to beat him,and apparently thats the only way how cos no one else can beat him.

No Im not implying that at all. He is an awesome fighter with huge accomplishments. I am not trying to trash him or anything.
The way he acts outside of the ring is just not alpha.
Its hard to explain but when I would meet him in rl I would not have a single wow moment. Some fighters have that..he just doesnt.

DC's a good guy and a talented fighter. I enjoy him in the cage and he's a pretty good analyst as well. I honestly don't understand how people can hate the man.

I love DC. Jones got in his head and made him sound foolish, but Conor did that to Aldo and I'm still a fan. DC's fight with Rumble was one of the more intense fights I've seen. His Strikeforce HW GP run was bad ass too.

He's using pro wrestling tactics and these goofballs are marks.

Tyson is probably the most popular boxer of all time, and is referred to as one of greats.

Tyson also has no notable wins besides a LHW in Spinx and a 45 year old Holm's.

I would say this is because the same reason why people enjoy JJ so much

DC seems like a great guy, great coach, great friend, great family man etc. Anyone who dislikes him are clearly out of their mind.

He was way more popular than Jones when they fought, but the more Jon got in his head and the more he tried to trash talk back, the more he seemed really insecure and desperate for everyone to like him, which ironically makes people dislike you.

I still like cormier though

DC has been through some really tough shit and came out in one piece, whereas Jones fabricates his own drama as if he's "learning a lesson from God", when he's actually just a common criminal with substance abuse issues. How anyone can like who Jones is out of the ring is beyond me and I'll never root for him. DC is a beast and I'll always root for him.
Very well said. Jon acts like a victim. Looks to me like the guy has got a pretty fair deal in this world. He still has it made. Sit out train relax repeat for two years and come back make a few more million and retire. The guy has it made.

Because not everyone is going to like everyone else.

I thought he was an ok guy until he started trolling werdum on BEHALF of velasquez. I don't know the word to describe the action, but it's just a chump, dooosh move. Trash talk your own opponents bro.

Back