Why do people completely dismiss the idea of McGregor submitting Nayt?

Is anyone aware of any other instances where someone with a fairly pedestrian ground game submitted a legit black belt? I don't see Conor being that guy, even with all the crazy shit that can happen in MMA.
Mackens Semerzier

Nayt? Today's youth have really gone to shit.

He's a legit brown belt, probably close to a black belt at this stage considering his coach and training partner (Kavanagh and Nelson). He's won by submission before too so it's not like it's unheard of.

i don't know how you define legit in this case. he hasn't done anything to legitimize his belt other than be given it by an accepted teacher with a good pedigree.
Kavanagh himself is pretty much unheralded. His claim to fame is being the first irish black belt in bjj. Other than that, he won the 2005 european championship for the featherweight purple belt division. That's the total list of his accomplishments.
Nelson is awesome, though.

Conor himself has only competed in one grappling tournament that i know of and he lost his first (and only) match in that.

Conor's one submission win came against a guy he had already knocked half unconscious and conor grabbed the fence twice to avoid getting rolled before ending up in the mount. (the entire fight is available on youtube)

Nayt on the other hand probably thinks his BJJ is good enough without practice and will only focus on his striking.

nate teaches bjj and helps train other fighters, including high level grapplers. why on earth would you think he's not spending any time grappling?

Conor could catch him completely by surprise here. I actually give the advantage on the ground to Conor.

that's just wishful thinking.

Why do people talk about his ground game like its non existent? Oh and don't post that gif of 196 as a response.

because he's never done anything to suggest it exists.

to be fair to conor, he has a ground game, but it is effectively nonexistent relative to the level of competition he is facing.

He's a legit brown belt, probably close to a black belt at this stage considering his coach and training partner (Kavanagh and Nelson). He's won by submission before too so it's not like it's unheard of.

Nayt on the other hand probably thinks his BJJ is good enough without practice and will only focus on his striking. Conor could catch him completely by surprise here. I actually give the advantage on the ground to Conor.

Why do people talk about his ground game like its non existent? Oh and don't post that gif of 196 as a response.

Who is Nayt?

Nayt on the other hand probably thinks his BJJ is good enough without practice and will only focus on his striking. Conor could catch him completely by surprise here. I actually give the advantage on the ground to Conor.

When does a Diaz NOT practice. They practically live in the gym, bro.

I think Nate Dogg could submit Conor if it hits the ground

Bet on it if you feel so strongly about that. Your delusion could make a ton of money because Conor by sub must be be the biggest line on that card

I've seen the majority of Connor's fights and he really doesn't exhibit any clear jiu jitsu talent. He would be smart to start taking BJJ a lot more seriously while he's young and learning.

I typically don't attack others. in these forums. However, you sir, are a moron.

I'll tell you why:

Because monkeys haven't flown out of our arses yet.
Because hell hasn't frozen over yet.
Because pigs can't fly yet.

Many other reasons as well, but I am having trouble typing them out because I am still cackling madly at "He's a legit brown belt"

The only reason that belt is brown is because people keep shitting on it........because it's nowhere near legit.

tumblr_m43fmnEFfl1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

2889hi.png

Sure, Nate hasn't been submitted since he was 19 or something even though he fought top LWs and guys like Rory but McTapper is the one to do it.
Also no fighter 'only trains striking', you could see Nate roll even in the video blogs of the 10 days notice fight.

Because he's leaps and bounds above Mcgregor in the grappling department.

a sub isn't likely, but I woulsn't be surprised to see him go for a TD and GnP. He did fine in the first round on the ground, and that's probably one of the few ways he'll have a chance against Nate.

Back