Why do people completely dismiss the idea of McGregor submitting Nayt?

He's a legit brown belt, probably close to a black belt at this stage considering his coach and training partner (Kavanagh and Nelson). He's won by submission before too so it's not like it's unheard of.

Nayt on the other hand probably thinks his BJJ is good enough without practice and will only focus on his striking. Conor could catch him completely by surprise here. I actually give the advantage on the ground to Conor.

Why do people talk about his ground game like its non existent? Oh and don't post that gif of 196 as a response.

Just because he submits to Ido on a nightly basis doesn't mean he has skills.

It could happen but its unlikely. The same chance of Nate beating Conor in a game of touch butt

Dude, a BJJ BB does not stop training because they got their BB.
Nick (and Nate) are always training. They give seminars, they have to help other fighters in their gym train, etc.
Add the experience he has over Conor.
As a long time BB veteran, he probably forgot more than Conor ever saw in BJJ.

Can Conor Sub him? Of course! If Conor gets Nate dizzy enough, he can sink in a choke. But it is highly unlikely IMO.

Idk man.. If (huge if) he wobbles Nate and tries to go for a sub he would probably just get defended and rolled into a bad position.

I understand the man isn't a white belt and has abilities but I really see no way in hell he ever submits Nate.

This idiot TS will keep saying "but the surprise of it" and that's just showing his stupidity. Nate is a vet and isn't going to be surprised by anything in that manner.

Conor is getting either choked out again or Nate is tucking him in for sleep

Wow you're right he did. Still I can't see Conor getting he submission unless he knocks out Diaz and then goes for a choke.

That was 10 years ago when Nate was about 20 and a purple belt. Lol

It of course can happen, but there's no point in entertaining that idea since footage shows Nate's been better for longer. Everything else is pure guesswork.

Everything we've seen from mcgoatse indicates that he's a pedestrian grappler, at best, while diaz on the other hand has shown exemplary jiu-jitsu off his back vs better opposition than canner.

That was 10 years ago when Nate was about 20 and a purple belt. Lol

That is right! He was a purple belt then! But but but (touch butt!) according to TS, Nate doesn't practice his BJJ.

He must be on the Cavanaugh (whatever) program! Piss poor performance = +1 belt ranking!

The main reason is that Konneer doesn't have a fight scheduled against Nayt.

Probably because Conors Jiu-Jitsu sucks. His TDD is also shit, but other than that I'm sure his grappling is pretty good.

Nate is levels better than Conor on the ground.

He's a better striker too

Idk man.. If (huge if) he wobbles Nate and tries to go for a sub he would probably just get defended and rolled into a bad position.

I understand the man isn't a white belt and has abilities but I really see no way in hell he ever submits Nate.

This idiot TS will keep saying "but the surprise of it" and that's just showing his stupidity. Nate is a vet and isn't going to be surprised by anything in that manner.

Conor is getting either choked out again or Nate is tucking him in for sleep

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I completely agree with you.
I see even a dazed Nate could probably defend anything Conor throws at him by simple muscle memory.
But a kick that lands flush could maybe allow COnor to sink in something. I don't see it, but it is not impossible (however unlikely).

Is anyone aware of any other instances where someone with a fairly pedestrian ground game submitted a legit black belt? I don't see Conor being that guy, even with all the crazy shit that can happen in MMA.

He's a legit brown belt, probably close to a black belt at this stage considering his coach and training partner (Kavanagh and Nelson). He's won by submission before too so it's not like it's unheard of.

Nayt on the other hand probably thinks his BJJ is good enough without practice and will only focus on his striking. Conor could catch him completely by surprise here. I actually give the advantage on the ground to Conor.

Why do people talk about his ground game like its non existent? Oh and don't post that gif of 196 as a response.

I'm guessing you're 14 yrs old. Only a kid would find misspelling someone's name intentionally, amusing.

If you actually want people to take you seriously. Try growing up.

Something tells me you're just a fuckin troll anyway, kid.

Go find a girlfriend, or boyfriend.

In actually answering the title question...He's a fuckin white belt compared to Nate. I don't give a fuck how many MW he's supposedly subbing... kind of like Ronda supposedly knocking out male boxers.

Oh yeah... And if you are older than 14. You are unbelievably lame. Practically a fuckin cripple.

703372.gif

Back