Why do Ford Mustangs get uglier every year?

Sakuraba is #1

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
2024 Ford Mustang GT
ford-mustang-gtt-by-22_1600x0w-1536x864.jpg

Versus

1960 Shelby GT
Used-1968-Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT500-Eleanor-Tribute-Shelby-GT500-Eleanor-Tribute-1668561869.jpg

The Mustang has been garbage for the last 50 years. A car that’s over 50 years old shits on the current model. Ridiculous.

Looks ok to me, not 60's to early 70's good, but it's ultra rare any modern car looks as good as muscle cars back then.

The issue I have with modern car design is that they all look way too similar, all rounded in a similar way, probably due to more necessary safety or other design choices, but it's kind of a boring sea of similarity.

What's ugly about a front grill that's large enough to be at home on a 18 wheeler?

2024 Ford Mustang GT
ford-mustang-gtt-by-22_1600x0w-1536x864.jpg

Versus

1960 Shelby GT
Used-1968-Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT500-Eleanor-Tribute-Shelby-GT500-Eleanor-Tribute-1668561869.jpg

The Mustang has been garbage for the last 50 years. A car that’s over 50 years old shits on the current model. Ridiculous.
Huge fail, TS. That's not a stock 2024 Mustang and there were no Mustangs in 1960, and that isn't even a stock Shelby. It's a restomod.

Last edited:
The 80's were some of the best ones imo as a non car guy, had the square shape with the pins on the hood... I'd actually buy one today...

Mustangs outsell Dodge and Camaros combined. Infact, Dodge and Chevy are discontinuing their muscle cars and Ford is keeping the Mustang going. Performance wise, neither can can tough the Mustang. For every version of Camaro, Challenger, Charger they make, there is a Mustang that beats it.

OP can't afford one and never will. OP probably drives a Hyundai Sonata, hating on something he will never own.

Mustang has always been the best looking, most popular muscle car and sales don't lie

And they're super fun to drive

Mustang 2 was fairly ugly. Before that they were mostly beautiful. Then the Fox body came along, maybe not beautiful but I loved them. Then the SN 95 came out and the first few years were dog ugly. Up until they took most of the rounded edges away. In 05 the first retro looking restyle happened, and I really disliked that generation. 2015 the newer style came out and I've liked them ever since. The one you posted is stunning, and you can absolutely see the family resemblance to the resto mod you also posted.

1606761777331.jpg

this was breathtaking
Lol fox body mustangs were never lookers, but they are to date the best to mod. They were faster than the competition at the time because they were so light. An LX notch back like that one weighed nothing so even a 5-speed 5.0 ran in high 13s with the manual gearbox, which was impressive for a 225 horsepower car back then.

I'm pretty sure that tremec trans had a huge 1st gear, the AOD slush box, not so much. The difference between the manual and automatic was night and day.

Honestly though, to date a 93 Cobra is one of my top 5 favorite mustangs.

I had a 2019 PP1, man that thing was fucking fun to drive.

Also, the original post reeks of rose coloured nostalgia.

Oh, and the Mustang GTD is fucking unreal.

I considered buying one tbh. Ended up buying a hellcat.

I assumed the new mustang would be much more refined but the dealer I bought my fleet trucks had nothing so I went to another dealer and honestly, it didn’t seem like they really wanted to sell me a car at all. I looked at a blackwing awhile back and it was the same thing. Then I wanted to look at a used gt350 and the salesman, some smug asshole who never worked a day in his life wouldn’t let me try it and mentioned id have to get approved for financing (i was a cash buyer). That rubbed me the wrong way so badly, I bought private sale.

It’s so annoying now when a cool enthusiast car gets released and dealers and salesmen adopt the whole “I know what I have bro, you’re so lucky to even be seeing this!” attitude. Greedy dealers and pompous douchebag salesmen ruin every cool new release. If I had it my way, I woulda bought a ct5 black wing a few years ago. Whatever. Love my hellcat. Even my elderly mother has spent some time driving it. I’m really not sure why I sensed this attitude. I’m a regular looking dude in his 30’s. Do I look homeless or something?

Last edited:
Back