Why didn't Dana White end up fighting Tito Ortiz?

Dana is a lucky man that Tito had a problem with C11 going into S7 and S8.
poor guy had to hit the hard stuff
bliqw8lceaamwgm.0.jpg

I remember a lot of Sherdoggers were gullible enough to believe they were going to actually fight.

It was never going to happen because Tito would've kicked Dana's ass so bad.

How about option C : the fight was never gonna happen anyway? Not like Dana and co are all about employing Bullshit wwe'esque storylines or anything.

I'm sure the Tito Ortiz that fought W Silva , V belfort and Chuck liddle was scared shitless of Dana thouby. Anyone that honestly believes that is probably incapable of logging on and making a post.

Bored trolls , every last one of em.

The one and only time Dana White was ever a sympathetic character.

How about option C : the fight was never gonna happen anyway? Not like Dana and co are all about employing Bullshit wwe'esque storylines or anything.

I'm sure the Tito Ortiz that fought W Silva , V belfort and Chuck liddle was scared shitless of Dana thouby. Anyone that honestly believes that is probably incapable of logging on and making a post.

Bored trolls , every last one of em.

Tito in his career beat up Ken with punches, dropped Forrest and Bader with punches but Dana was going to beat his ass in sparring.. Yeah.. People will believe anything.

I remember a lot of Sherdoggers were gullible enough to believe they were going to actually fight.

It was never going to happen because Tito would've kicked Dana's ass so bad.

They were going to do something at one point, I am sure with the agreement Tito would go easy on Dana. But Tito wanted a cut of whatever TV deal Dana was doing with Spike TV, and it is my understanding Dana balked. So whatever was going to happen went away..

Tito in his career beat up Ken with punches, dropped Forrest and Bader with punches but Dana was going to beat his ass in sparring.. Yeah.. People will believe anything.

He might have had mediocre hands by professional mma standards, but not at all by pretend tough guy with mysteriously unverifiable amature boxing career from 15 years before standards. The level of experience , conditioning , Size , ability to absorb punishment ECT ect was laughable . It would have looked like a 10 year old boxing his father.

Because Tito realized that boxing is not his strong suit, and Dana was a former amateur boxer who was taking the whole thing seriously. It's not MMA so most of Tito's tools were not available and if he didn't KO Dana in the first 30 seconds it would ruin his career.

Supposed former amateur boxer. White cant even remember how many fights he had so theres a good chance he is talking out of his ass

IIRC, this whole thing started when Tito was trying to negotiate a new contract and jokingly(?) said that part of his demands included being able to legally beat up Dana. And so Dana agreed, trying to look like the same cool-guy boss who would later allow Nate Diaz to Stockton Slap him as part of his own deal.

The TV special they did in the leadup totally made Tito look bad, and honestly I don’t remember if he ever came out and said why he backed out. Which is kind of a surprise, given he has historically not been shy about offering up excuses to save face.

Tito ducked Dana. Having a head the size of a 747 jet isn't an advantage in a boxing fight. So Tito made the right decision.

No money to be made. Tito did the right choice. Why go into the circus if your not gonna be paid?

Supposed former amateur boxer. White cant even remember how many fights he had so theres a good chance he is talking out of his ass

After the first 1000 wins it gets hard to count all of the fights bro.

It doesn't matter. The whole thing was a stupid idea. And it was a no win situation for Tito. If he destroys Dana in 30 seconds then he looks like a goon who beat up a middle aged sports manager. If Dana lasts past the first minute then why is Tito fighting for a world championship?

He might have had mediocre hands by professional mma standards, but not at all by pretend tough guy with mysteriously unverifiable amature boxing career from 15 years before standards. The level of experience , conditioning , Size , ability to absorb punishment ECT ect was laughable . It would have looked like a 10 year old boxing his father.

Exactly. Dana is a promoter so he says he can box. And they had some footage of him looking half decent in sparring for this fight. But there is no record of Dana boxing anyone, amateur or otherwise. Tito is a former world champ. That means he beats the ass of just about anyone on the street. Also Tito is huge. He is 6-2, 6-3 walking at like 235..

Because Tito realized that boxing is not his strong suit, and Dana was a former amateur boxer who was taking the whole thing seriously. It's not MMA so most of Tito's tools were not available and if he didn't KO Dana in the first 30 seconds it would ruin his career.

I honestly can't tell whether this is supposed to be sarcasm.

You seriously believe that Dana White posed some kind of threat to a professional cage fighter who has faced Liddell, Belfort, Wand, etc?

Come on dude. Think about this for a second.

It was suppose to be a sparting/exibition match i think. 3 rounds or something for charity. That was how the ufc was then before they got popular. Weak ass promo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back