Why didn't Dana White end up fighting Tito Ortiz?

tito cracked his own skull to avoid him

Ortiz pulled out with the Ebola virus, a broken testicle and was bitten by a human looking 'creature' that resembled something out of The Walking Dead, IIRC.

Private phone conversation:
“Please, Tito. I don’t want to fight you. I’ll pay you $1M to pull out of the fight. “

Later that day:
“Tito pulled out. I really wanted to kick his ass so bad!” —Dana Fuckin’ White
V8VxfYcB.jpeg

Good move by Tito pulling out. It was a lose lose situation. Beat up Dana and look like a thug/bully, or even worse get beat by Dana. He had nothing to gain fighting him..
Im sure he had quite the financial incentive to gain, which is you know.....kind of what he fights for

Sounds like Dana has bigger balls then Rogan at least.

Private phone conversation:
“Please, Tito. I don’t want to fight you. I’ll pay you $1M to pull out of the fight. “

Later that day:
“Tito pulled out. I really wanted to kick his ass so bad!” —Dana Fuckin’ White
V8VxfYcB.jpeg

This sounds plausible. Or the entire narrative that they were going to fight could have been concocted to drum up publicity, with neither intending to go through with it because actually fighting would have been laughably unprofessional. And probably would have looked sloppy as well.

Im sure he had quite the financial incentive to gain, which is you know.....kind of what he fights for
Tito was still in his prime back then. He had a lot of other ''financial incentive'' fights that would of did a lot more to further his career..

If I remember correctly, Tito claimed some sort of injury at the very last.

Because Tito realized that boxing is not his strong suit, and Dana was a former amateur boxer who was taking the whole thing seriously. It's not MMA so most of Tito's tools were not available and if he didn't KO Dana in the first 30 seconds it would ruin his career.

Good move by Tito pulling out. It was a lose lose situation. Beat up Dana and look like a thug/bully, or even worse get beat by Dana. He had nothing to gain fighting him..
Lose lose situation?? He took the 3rd option & thats where Tito "lost". He simply backed out of the fight. After all that shit talkin he BACKED OUT. I'd rather beat the shit out of my boss & look like a bully then backing out, thats for sure. Now I'm sure Tito would've won easily even if it was just boxing but goddamn imagine that fight happening.. all the gifs of Dana getting punched ahh man. Everytime Dana would talk shit or act tough in a interview someone on sherdog would post a gif of him getting beat up. Ahhh sherdog would be a better place..

Maybe Jenna taught Tito how to pull out?

Because Tito asked the unforgivable question what am I going to get paid for this? Of course Dana was going to make a nice profit off some TV deal he was making.

One is a professional fighter and the other was a boxercuse instructor. You figure it out.

I have actually read arguments from trolls claiming that Tito has bad boxing so Dana, yes Dana White a non-professional fighter was going to beat him up in sparring. Yeah. You can’t make that shit up.

Last edited:
I never actually believed it. I always thought it was just all talk. I felt like they were trying to pull a "Stone Cold vs Vince McMahon" storyline feud. I knew they were never going to fight

Did they even sanction that fight?
IIRC NVAC was going to allow it as a amateur boxing match... the reason this happened at all was Tito included it as a stipulation in his contract... then the turd bailed....

Last edited:
Apparently Dana wanted to film it and make a thing out of the whole situation, probably for youtube or something. The whole thing was apparently sanctioned and on the day of weighins Dana turned up but Tito didn't. Tito said he didn't want it filmed or wanted paid if it was to be filmed.
I say apparently because we both know Dana and Tito tend to be full of shit.

Back