Why did Rogan say Stylebender is the greatest striker he ever witness during the UFC 263 broadcast?

He’s not even remotely close to Andy and it’s not debatable

lol

ahhhh this thread is about prime vs prime essentially buddeh

but you want us to compare Silva at his old washed up performances vs Adesanyas best?

lol

the sad thing for you is… they are comparable
That’s not what I meant. I’ve seen Anderson’s prime, I can watch it whenever I want. Izzy on a technical level has better striking, as to be expected after a long kickboxing career. Anderson has better looking performances granted, but Izzy has better technique.

Rozenstruik is 76-8, and has 10 more KOs than Izzy... guess he is one of the greatest strikers of all time too even though he lost to everybody decent he ever faced in kickboxing.

Izzy’s only accomplishment in kickboxing was a decision against Alex Pariera who KO’d Izzy cold sleep in the rematch.

Kickboxers having hundreds of fights is pretty normal... dunno why ur making a big deal out of it.
He lost to Alex both times

he said it because he knows a lot of morons hang on to every word he says, that he gets free publicity from morons who run to comment on his every outlandish claim, and because he's a moron.

That’s not what I meant. I’ve seen Anderson’s prime, I can watch it whenever I want. Izzy on a technical level has better striking, as to be expected after a long kickboxing career. Anderson has better looking performances granted, but Izzy has better technique.

then why is he not getting such incredible finishes? are his performances so underwhelming?

he said it because he knows a lot of morons hang on to every word he says, that he gets free publicity from morons who run to comment on his every outlandish claim, and because he's a moron.

good marketing strategy, because Adesanya’s fans are morons too, his exact target market lol

then why is he not getting such incredible finishes? are his performances so underwhelming?
Are you asking who is the better striker or the better champion? Andy has fun finishes, but Izzy is the better striker technically.

Im not dying on any hill for Izzy I hate that guy, I’m just saying that if Izzy is better technically than Anderson no that he is a better champion or a KO artist.

Are you asking who is the better striker or the better champion? Andy has fun finishes, but Izzy is the better striker technically.

Im not dying on any hill for Izzy I hate that guy, I’m just saying that if Izzy is better technically than Anderson no that he is a better champion or a KO artist.

I think that you are confused

To some extent I can understand Rogan - it's his job to hype up fighters, but I wish it didn't have to be so exaggerated. He's not the only one doing it though, several MMA journalists seem to have bought the hype that Adesanya's striking is GOAT. He is a very, very good striker but he has a long road ahead of him to solidify himself amongst the greats. I don't care if he's 500-0 in kickboxing or 1000-0 in MMA, the only thing that has any relevance is how good his striking is and a record doesn't say anything, fights do.

Yeah but when did Anderson fight the best strikers in the UFC? Vitor Belfort? That’s it.
This is honestly very true. The level if strikers izzy has faced is way harder. Dan henderson is a insane power puncher but calling him sofisticsted would be a bold face lie.

Regarding Izzy being the best. We were able to watch him without reach advantage vs. Jan. the loss wasnt really about weight difference but that Izzy had next to no answers. Jan had the better fundamentals and outboxed him for the majority of the fight.

Izzy has a flashy style, thats why many people consider him so high level but these are two seperate aspects of the fight game. Best comparison I can think of is Naz Hamed. Maybe the most flashy boxer ever with crazy impressive fights and athletic skills BUT when all that was put to the test against a real elite boxer with great fundamentals in Barrera he got his shit pushed in and retired. Naz was great as is Izzy but looking at the complete package of clinch, stand up, takedowns, ground game there were quite some better fighters at MW. In the golden age with Romero, Mousasi, Machida, Rockhold, Weidman, Jacare ...etc Izzy wouldnt even have been Top5.

Still he is a very good fighter.

edit: and the kickboxing record of Izzy really has no value. Its mostly bums. If you want his elite record take his glory fights. There he is 2-2 with all going to a decision. He was a middle of the road kickboxer. Not bad but also far far from elite talent like Artem Levin.

Good analogy/comparison to the prince. Never looked at it with that angle before. Thanks.

My biggest issue with Rogan is he sticks to the narrative no matter what. It’s very frustrating to hear what’s coming out of his mouth while watching something that might be completely the opposite. The Jan vs Izzy fight was just embarrassing for the broadcast crew. Most of the time I just kind of zone out on the commentary.

Cant remember GSPs interview. Only that Rogan always talks about head trauma regarding GSP and aliens. Which is quite funny if you remember all the extremely dumb shit Rogan believes in (conspiracy, carnivore diet, mushrooms...etc) . Cyborg -Spencer was one very obvious example of Rogan getting pointers to make someone look as bad as possible..
How are mushrooms and carnivore diets stupid to believe? Its not even a thing to believe you retard, there proven physical things which benefit you lol

Reminder Izzy has more top 5 wins and more title wins than Khabib.

Reminder Izzy has more top 5 wins and more title wins than Khabib.
You’re going to make Silva fans have a brain aneurysm with this......they’re so insecure when it comes to anything related to Izzy and records apparently to them you’re not allowed to say anything positive or state stats that makes Izzy look good lol

Back