Why did Rogan say Stylebender is the greatest striker he ever witness during the UFC 263 broadcast?

Putting women’s MMA on the map has more to do with the UFC hype machine (like Rogan) than anything to do with how great of an athlete she is. She was a borderline top-100 female athlete at best at the time let alone a once in human history athlete regardless of sex lmao. She wasn’t even the best female fighter at her peak, Cyborg was.

Just because suckers believed the hype and it was profitable doesn’t make it a true statement.
She was an Olympian which means, a world class athlete that successfully transitioned to MMA as an elite champion with a very strong (and frankly fun to watch) career.

I'm just suprised he didn't bring up drew dober being THE most underrated guy in the UFC again. You'd think something that distinct would come up in more than just ONE fight.

Anyway. Shill

Canderson when you dont come at him in a straight line without moving your head and telegraphing your moves
UFC%20Vegas%2012-%20Anderson%20Silva%20Octagon%20Interview.jpg

She was an Olympian which means, a world class athlete that successfully transitioned to MMA as an elite champion with a very strong (and frankly fun to watch) career.
Yes. No shame in that. Maybe top-100 female athlete in the world at the time. Probably not honestly but maybe. Much more competition in sports like soccer, track and field, swimming, basketball, etc. than judo and WMMA.

He said she was a once in human history athlete lmao! That there never was and never would be another athlete like her.

It’s hyperbole to such a degree that it’s ridiculous.

Are we gonna act like Silva did not exist? I don't think Joe remembers how good Silva was in his prime years.
Current fighters are always goats for Joe. They are always at their best in their live fight. He's ufc shilling to sell fights.

Israel has 45 total KOs.
Anderson is the only fighter in the history of MMA to lose by flying scissor heel hook.

Israel > Anderson
Good luck with that train of thought. Only Joe hogan agrees with you.

Yes. No shame in that. Maybe top-100 female athlete in the world at the time. Probably not honestly but maybe. Much more competition in sports like soccer, track and field, swimming, basketball, etc. than judo and WMMA.

He said she was a once in human history athlete lmao! That there never was and never would be another athlete like her.

It’s hyperbole to such a degree that it’s ridiculous.
LMAO!!

True
In Rogans defence, hes still a mega fan.

He was clearly super, super excited.

Rogan is a fucking muppet, always has been and always will be

It’s the commentary teams job to sell the product to the people , you shouldn’t read too much into it

Joe rogan always talk about kickboxing line he has clue.
How does he mention guys like Horst aerts saenchai etc on his podcast then say izzy is the best striker he ever witness?
Rogan is a shill first commentator second, maybe he was excited but yeah if you ever watched a fight of kickboxing goats or muay thai goats and still think izzy is the best striker ever youre lying.

Not a fan, but Conor striking is quite good as well.
I think arguments can be made for Anderson, Conor and also Izzy

I’m guessing he means the best striker he has seen in MMA. At least I hope he means that. Even if that were the case it’s still wrong. Just to give one example Cro Cop in his prime was way better. The reason people get too hooked into Israel is because he does a lot of flashy shit but he gets hit way more than he should sometimes.

If he were to mean the best striker in any combat sport then it could be something so dumb that it could rival his comment back in the day when he said Tim Sylvia was better than Fedor.

Back