Why did Jake Shields get released by the UFC ?

Because he's dangerous and unpopular. And it's bad for promotion business.

cause his fights are boring

It's not just that he was unappealing to the audience, he was probably fairly expensive to keep around

his fight with paul harris was not that bad imo

Because at first Dana was like

ogl9ud.jpg

But then he was all like

Screen-Shot-2014-03-11-at-1.15.01-PM.png

The same reason Fitch and Okami got released.

The same reason Sonnen,Diaz,Condit,Gustafsson,Cain had a title shot.

UFC is a business first,then an MMA promotion.

Fitch and Okami were on a downside, no sense keeping them around.

Because he's dangerous and unpopular. And it's bad for promotion business.

it's true. he would be the kind of guy who just eliminates contenders.

i'd like to see him vs. rory, lawler, hendricks

Cause he's a boring gatekeeper. This is one thing I like in UFC, they get rid of boring gatekeepers. Phil Davis, Jon Fitch etc, go get lessons on how to be more entertaining, please.

in one of the biggest fights ever he was boring...in Canada
only recently can I really appreciate his style

his fight with paul harris was not that bad imo

Yeah, until Paulhares got his arm, despite having mental problems Paul Harris is a very exciting fighter.

Because he's a boring fuck who sucked the energy out of the room

Don't forget, Shields did 800k buys with GSP, sold 55,000 seats, and even won 2 rounds against the WW GOAT.

Like ppl were there because of shields, in an event also having Aldo and Machida

He never postures up for any ground and pound. He never goes for any submissions unless the opponent GIVES it to him. He's the safest fighter there is, for both himself and his opponent.

He wasn't even scary on Bully Beatdown, the bullies breathed a sigh of relief when they saw who was gonna kick their ass.

He never postures up for any ground and pound. He never goes for any submissions unless the opponent GIVES it to him. He's the safest fighter there is, for both himself and his opponent.

He wasn't even scary on Bully Beatdown, the bullies breathed a sigh of relief when they saw who was gonna kick their ass.

Was that even an ass kicking?? :icon_chee

Was that even an ass kicking?? :icon_chee

Haha my brain doesn't even want to remember. And my memory is usually uncanny in regards to fights.

When you take a main event spot just to play safe and point win, you become expandable at the slightest infraction. Jon Fitch was the same. Never did anything but lay on his opponent to win. UFC first video game about to come out and his management wanted some incentive for his appearance, UFC not only said no way but fired him without a second notice. Fitch apologize, gave in, and was rehired within 24 hours. That shit would never happen to fighters like Anderson or Ronda. UFC would have accommodate them because they bring the numbers

He only had one loss at the time after a few wins

Why did he get released by the UFC ?
Those "few wins" were 1) a soporific decision that was widely scored a draw or for the other fighter, 2) overturned after he was popped on a drug violation and 3) & 4) soporific split decisions that again were widely scored a draw or for the other fighter.

Shields was never going to be a UFC champion, never going to draw a single PPV buy, and wanted big money. He was at that point in his career a journeyman gatekeeper who, without lucky breaks from the judges, could have easily been on a seven fight winless streak yet thought himself to be a superstar. Why would the UFC sign him back up?

Back