Why did Jake Shields get released by the UFC ?

His age and incoming wage which if I remember correctly was at $120,000 to show. That on top of the fact that some people found his fights boring and Dana being Dana.

business/politics.

jake is top-10 and has been for a long time. he beats any welterweight on the ground except palhares :icon_evil

He was beating Palhares on the ground Palhares eye gouges got him the sub

Shields fans are so hard to please. UFC let him go too early. Paul Harris didn't let him go early enough. Make up your minds.

Because like Okami, he kept eliminating contenders which kept the division's door from revolving.

Fitch is the prime example.

Don't forget, Shields did 800k buys with GSP, sold 55,000 seats, and even won 2 rounds against the WW GOAT.

vF7rVgt.gif

What is hilarious is that Dana is alway saying bullshit like "UFC has the best fighters in the world". Yet Jake Shields, whom was fired, kicked Robbie Lawler's ass. So he fires a guy that destroyed the current UFC champion? Best fighters in the world my ass

The same reason Fitch and Okami got released.

The same reason Sonnen,Diaz,Condit,Gustafsson,Cain had a title shot.

UFC is a business first,then an MMA promotion.

LOL, wasn't Cain like 6-0 when he fought Brock, 4-1, for the title?

Unfortunately Jake has a rather unentertaining style which makes him pretty unmarketable but he's also very good and there's a high risk he could derail more marketable prospects.
He was also on a rather lucrative contract and they were having to pay him far more than they thought he was worth.
This is disappointing to people who watch from a competitive sporting aspect but understandable from a business perspective.

a) He's boring.
b) He's good enough to beat any more exciting potential title-contender.
c) He was probably on a bigger wage than most WWs.
d) Nobody gave a fuck about him til he got cut. Then it was criminal behaviour from Zuffa.

I have NEVER seen anyone clamour for a Shields fight in the UFC before he got cut.

LOL, wasn't Cain like 6-0 when he fought Brock, 4-1, for the title?

I'm talking about the latest one. Dana said he will have an immediate rematch with Werdum in early 2016. Ridicolous.

They cut Shields cause he's really good but not often entertaining and he's also expensive. If you are really good but expensive and not very entertaining they will cut you if you lose much quicker than other fighters.

He only had one loss at the time after a few wins

Why did he get released by the UFC ?

Cause he has the ability to beat anybody in the division, however it would most likley be boring.

Dana rather have guys like condit n matt brown be top contenders n fighting for titles then sheild dry humping them for 3 (5) rounds n dropping their stock

They cut Shields cause he's really good but not often entertaining and he's also expensive. If you are really good but expensive and not very entertaining they will cut you if you lose much quicker than other fighters.

They could've always renagotiate the terms if they really wanted to keep him like they did with Hendo.

He makes Dana uncomfortable by being boring and awkward

Not just his style he was also highly paid. If you're going to get paid a lot you'd have I also be popular or keep winning.

That is a great summation.

Jake is a good fighter,

However he has the charisma and the personality of a..

breeze_block.gif

doesn't have anything to do with it. it's because his fighting style is a cure for insomnia.

guys like shields, fitch okami are on very short leashes. the ufc is just looking for an excuse to cut them. but guys like wand or pat barry can lose as much as they win (or more) and be kept around just for the entertainment factor.

Back