Why did Ferguson accept the last fight?

He refused interim fight against Max last year saying he doesnt want to fight again for an interim title, but then did the same one year later.

Money is my first guess. Perhaps a touch of vanity, as well.

12 fight win streak
Still takes the fight
BECAUSE HE's A FUCKING MAN, A FUCKING FIGHTER, HE IS THE DEFINITION OF A WARRIOR.

MONEY!? Shut the fuck up
A warrior needs money to live on, too.

Gotta make money while you can. And he thought he would probably walk through Gaethje and fight Khabib at the end of summer. Im just curious where he thinks he sits in the division now and what his next fight should be.

Gotta make money while you can. And he thought he would probably walk through Gaethje and fight Khabib at the end of summer. Im just curious where he thinks he sits in the division now and what his next fight should be.
You don't know what he thought.

For money?
If he did not accept that fight, he would still be the NO.1 contender and wait for the title bout.

Because he couldn’t sleep at night knowing a 12 fight win streak against scrubs isn’t actually a legendary feat.

A big portion of being successful in the UFC, any professional sport, is the mental aspect. You have to have mad confidence to reach the top. Tony was riding a 12 fight UFC win streak, confidence had to be at an all time high. I'm certain that he felt he could beat Gaethje, pick up a bunch of $, and then fight Khabibi.

He wasn't gonna get half a million by not fighting gaethje. It's a lot of money. It's kinda sad though. Also he's 36-37, he's coming close to the end of it all. He needs as many paychecks as possible I'd imagine.

He’s a badass & money

Tony Ferguson the type of guy to fight for money.

Shocking I know.

Because he is a real fighter with confidence in his skills.

And of course he needs to feed his family, his last fight before this one was I believe June or may? that would be more than a year between paychecks waiting for Khabib, fighters have bills to pay too.

Back