Why did Ferguson accept the last fight?

i have 0 doubts about it
if anything, we will see a more refined tony

technique and execution is whats speaks mostly in martial arts, both ofc can be improved
eddie bravo will create tony 2.0 lmao...

Totally applaud the guy for fighting a tough opponent again and eventually losing. Tony is a beast, he’ll be back. And Gaethje is ace and fought the fight of his life, really like that guy.

Because he is fearless.and believes in himself and is willing to take any challenger on. So in other words, the complete antithesis of gsp.

You will either catch shit for scheming your matchups or catch shit for taking on the next best challenge. You’re damned if you do and damned if you don’t.
I dare say, I prefer poster who question fighters for being overly picky, than posters like TS.

We need more Tony Ferguson’s in this sport.

Because he’s about as game as it gets. The only fight he ever “turned down” was a one day notice rematch with Michael Johnson, when they told him the fight would no longer be for a belt and they would be paying him less than originally. I’m sure at this point he just wanted to fight and get paid. He’s getting older and had been in camp forever. His fight with Khabib just got cancelled for the 5th time and he’s probably never going to get a money fight with Conor, whose already ducked him before. You can’t just keep waiting on these fights forever. Especially at 36. Given the circumstances on the line and the opponent, it was probably about the riskiest short notice fight ever taken, and he paid the price for it. But it is what it is.

As a fighter is was a brave move. As a businessman, it was a terrible, terrible decision. All risk and no reward.

I dare say, I prefer poster who question fighters for being overly picky, than posters like TS.

We need more Tony Ferguson’s in this sport.

Agreed. The fight game would be better for fans if everyone fought each other without hesitation. But I do understand it’s a business first. That’s why Tony is the man, because he doesn’t give a fuck.

He thought he would win and get 2 consecutive main event PPV pay days. Obviously didn't work out, but headlining a 700,000+ ppv against Justin then a 1M+ against Khabib would be a big year. I seriously doubt it even occurred to him that Justin could beat him on short notice.

Because if he can't beat Gaethje than he wasn't beating Khabib.

Because he is fearless.and believes in himself and is willing to take any challenger on. So in other words, the complete antithesis of gsp.
GSP does not believe in himself?

giphy.gif

He thought he would win and get 2 consecutive main event PPV pay days. Obviously didn't work out, but headlining a 700,000+ ppv against Justin then a 1M+ against Khabib would be a big year. I seriously doubt it even occurred to him that Justin could beat him on short notice.
He may be able to beat Gaethje if he did not make weight twice in a month.

Ask yourself who is the richer fighter, Ferguson who fights once a year or Gaethje who fights twice and has gotten bonuses everytime.

Maybe he was confident and wanted another cheque.

Maybe he just likes to bang, bro.

Cause “Tony’s type a guy” isn’t just a meme

Because Tony is a real fighter. He is some candy-ass searching only for easy fights and/or "money fights" (like many popular fighters on Sherdog).

Jarl

Back