• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why did Anderson turn into such a jerk in the Maia, Côté fights?

What actually happened: Georges was terrified of watching his striking coach get schooled by Woodley

Georges St-Pierre: Stephen ‘Wonderboy’ Thompson is the best striker I’ve ever seen in my life

So now getting a draw in the first fight and a gifted majority decision win in the second is the new schooling ? Or waiting 20 minutes to land a overhand right and doing nothing besides staring is considered schooling ?
Come on bruh i know you are dumb but this is NotSoSure level of dumb.

Im assuming its already been said but Silva thrived as a baiting counterstriker, hes a bit of a fish outta water when people arent lured in. Suddenly this is a very fishy post.

I think the Maia fight was an intentional stinker because he was mad at the UFC. Remember reading something about that. But don’t remember everything. Or anything really.

I remember uncle dana saying silva would be cut if he did shit like that again

He has always been an arrogant dick, how is this new to you?

Seeing him clown like a jackass vs Wediman then get knocked out cold WHILE clowning was perfect MMA justice.

The problem with Maia was Maia said he would unrip "one of The Spider legs". Then, the GOAT started calling him a playboy - which Maia always was, a wealthy guy, different from Silva -, but the main thing was about Maia talking trash about one of the spider legs thing. Then, Silva when annoyed, humiliates opponents inside octagon.

The truth is, Silva always was a person who made friends to not fight them. All Brazilians to him would have to be a gatekeeper while another Brazilian holds the belt (himself lol). I always acknowledged him as a genius, but this kind of thing was very weird and miser.

Jacaré was one of his "friends" who got fucked waiting Spider to lose - same manager, poor Jacaré - and now is trying to make good fights with almost no chance of being a champion with his old age. Doesn't make sense. Vitor was one who roll out the fuck off and fought Anderson. He was absolutely right, even with that kick to his face as a result.

Marco Huas was a great fighter bro . Gono is a big GSP hater though.

Woodley blew his chance to fight The Greatest when he put on a snoozer against Maia and was scared to engage with him.
I know 'No Rush'... Who´s dat GSP?

I think with Maia he was trying to put on an act to convince people it was Maia that wouldn't engage when the truth was the opposite.

Maia was trying telegraphed TDs from halfway across the cage at one point because Silva would not come anywhere near him. Silva was afraid of Maia getting ahold of him. It was the only prime Silva fight I remember where he wasn't aggressive.
This

I think Silva was always a bit of an arrogant prick. He tried to build up a modest/respectful/wise martial arts master image, but occasionally his nature shone through.

I like Silva but I always found him to be fake, I never bought into the nice and honorable guy he spaks, I don't think he is a scumbag tho.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...son-silva-begged-my-forgiveness-after-ufc-112
View attachment 550733

AS is trained by the Nogueira brothers in bjj and awarded him his black belt. So if you insult his belt or bjj you're insulting them.

But that’s just him claiming, without being to specific. I wonder if there’s an actual quote From Demian saying something.
Im not saying there isn’t, or there is it, I wasn’t working without Demian Yet back then. But he doesn’t talk bad about anyone, and I never seen him insult anyone’s BJJ, it’s not his way.

The problem with Maia was Maia said he would unrip "one of The Spider legs". Then, the GOAT started calling him a playboy - which Maia always was, a wealthy guy, different from Silva -, but the main thing was about Maia talking trash about one of the spider legs thing. Then, Silva when annoyed, humiliates opponents inside octagon.

The truth is, Silva always was a person who made friends to not fight them. All Brazilians to him would have to be a gatekeeper while another Brazilian holds the belt (himself lol). I always acknowledged him as a genius, but this kind of thing was very weird and miser.

Jacaré was one of his "friends" who got fucked waiting Spider to lose - same manager, poor Jacaré - and now is trying to make good fights with almost no chance of being a champion with his old age. Doesn't make sense. Vitor was one who roll out the fuck off and fought Anderson. He was absolutely right, even with that kick to his face as a result.

That’s not true. Demian wasn’t a wealthy guy, and didn’t have that kind of upbringing.
As a matter of fact, there’s a recent article written by Demian on the Brazilian website UOL, in Portuguese, where he talks about that in detail.

The spider leg thing is true though, that as promo talk, as requested by promoting, etc, but he did say that. Still much less than many other guys use to say, but it is what it is. I wasn’t working with him back then BTW.

However, the whole playboy thing is BS.

That’s not true. Demian wasn’t a wealthy guy, and didn’t have that kind of upbringing.
As a matter of fact, there’s a recent article written by Demian on the Brazilian website UOL, in Portuguese, where he talks about that in detail.

The spider leg thing is true though, that as promo talk, as requested by promoting, etc, but he did say that. Still much less than many other guys use to say, but it is what it is. I wasn’t working with him back then BTW.

However, the whole playboy thing is BS.
Ok, "wealthy" was a way too much. Was more my English failing than anything else, sorry. Maybe "not so bad financial condition" would do. Spider was poor, much different.

The whole playboy thing was started because Spider get mad about the leg and this is true. I personally think Spider got triggered unnecessarily and started talking shit, like he always did with Brazilian who challenged him. He never liked it.

I respect Demian a lot. But changing the subject a little bit, him talking about his fight with Spider "I took 5 rounds with him" blah blah blah is cringy, because the truth is the triggered Spider toyed on purpose clearly, even Demian internally knows it. I never undestood this kind of Demian's denial about that, maybe he can talk whatever he wants to the press, but even the journalists and the fans know it.

I thought Silva wassomewhat insulted another Brazilian was willing to fight him for the title and maybe a little bit insecure due to the stylistic matchup

Im assuming its already been said but Silva thrived as a baiting counterstriker, hes a bit of a fish outta water when people arent lured in. Suddenly this is a very fishy post.

How does that work for you in the Vitor or Franklin fights? Prima Silva was a lot more than just a good counter strike. He was very allround and his lack of wrestling was compensated by his amazing BJJ.

I don't know why but he clearly did, that's why i didn't feel sorry for him when Weidman murked him for showboating.

Anderson Silva akways dirsdthus whenwhe senses he may koae irogasga distinct disadvantage against someone.

Hes always done it. He is covering up by showboating.

Are you having a seizure while typing that? Maybe call 911 instead of posting in Sherdog

How does that work for you in the Vitor or Franklin fights? Prima Silva was a lot more than just a good counter strike. He was very allround and his lack of wrestling was compensated by his amazing BJJ.

I dunno, the dude is altogether very enigmatic. His Vitor victory was quick and Id say he was playing his baiting game in that one or maybe his hypnotizer thing. Franklin part one was for the strap and its the only time I recall that he truly blitzed someone. Anderson utilized patience better than just about anyone.

I dunno, the dude is altogether very enigmatic. His Vitor victory was quick and Id say he was playing his baiting game in that one or maybe his hypnotizer thing. Franklin part one was for the strap and its the only time I recall that he truly blitzed someone. Anderson utilized patience better than just about anyone.

He did utilize counter striking very well and it's definitely his strong point. But for sure it's not his only strength, He might've tried to bait Vitor or something, but that KO was beautiful and it definitely wasn't a counter strike. It was just a clean attack where he took the initiative.

Back