Why did Anderson never fight legit competitors at LHW??

Because she fights at 145 you goof.

-megan-anderson_13uhlgxt0or151g4irif9ks4gi.jpg

<{Heymansnicker}>

That wasn't the part that was hating, but since you're not acting in good faith here, I've got no reason to continue this conversation.

Have a nice life, you anonymous hater on the internet
No, please tell. I believe you’re more offended by my usage of “rioters” than my reference to Forrest being on Xanax.
In my original post I mentioned he was finished in his prior fight and was on Xanax going into the Andy fight. Both were facts,
If his performance was compromised due to his Xanax hangover, how legit was he on that night?
Where was the hating again? Or is hating now a term for someone who’s views you disagree with?

Not really. I’m stating that Forrest likely wasn’t 100% due to taking Xanax the night before. Nothing more, nothing less.
Koscheck being 100% going into a fight then becoming less so due to his opponent, is not the same.
We can agree to disagree.
on the contrary.
Forrest been on Xanax was 100% unknown to all.
With Koscheck, everyone was 100% sure of the orbital bone fracture by the end of round one. You just had to watch the fight.

Yet Silva (not knowing about Xanax) put Forrest in the Matrix.
GSP (knowing of the obvious fracture) never deviated from his game plan.

So why would you claim the victory over Forrest was not so great while obviously not bashing GSP for not finishing an obviously injured Koscheck?
you need to be consistent and not base your decision on who is the fighter.

Forrest was legit he won the belt, beat Shogun, Ortiz, Franklin, Rampage.
These 4 guys listed he fought and beat (Tito wasn’t quite done yet then) to me already says enough to say Forrest was at one time for sure “legit”. Also won the belt with the win over Rampage.

people forget during Anderson’s reign, if you weren’t Anderson Silva, you just weren’t that good. It was Anderson vs the rest of the entire roster.

on the contrary.
Forrest been on Xanax was 100% unknown to all.
With Koscheck, everyone was 100% sure of the orbital bone fracture by the end of round one. You just had to watch the fight.

Yet Silva (not knowing about Xanax) put Forrest in the Matrix.
GSP (knowing of the obvious fracture) never deviated from his game plan.

So why would you claim the victory over Forrest was not so great while obviously not bashing GSP for not finishing an obviously injured Koscheck?
you need to be consistent and not base your decision on who is the fighter.
So a guy comprised by Xanax prior to a fight is the same as a guy compromised by his opponent (GSP) during the fight?
We are talking about the legitimacy of the opponent going into a fight.
But have your opinion, I’m fine with it.

Except the Cormier fight when Anderson got completely shut the fuck out off, why did Anderson only fight sub par and below fighters at LHW??

Did Anderson know he would always get smeshed by top competition?

I think Anderson always knew.

Cuz he knew his limits.

So a guy comprised by Xanax prior to a fight is the same as a guy compromised by his opponent (GSP) during the fight?
We are talking about the legitimacy of the opponent going into a fight.
But have your opinion, I’m fine with it.
no, we are talking about an amazing win that you claim was nothing special
That's while applauding a guy beat on an clearly injured opponent and thinking it was a "great win".

One KNEW the opponent was not 100%. The other one no one knew.

I love how this thread is still going. If this was a troll job, great job TS.

He finished Bonnar with one knee.

Bonnar hadn't been properly stopped ever (2 doctor stoppages before that in 13 years of fighting) and was renowned for his durability, before the middleweight stepped up and smashed him with ease (a Bonnar who was roided up to the gills btw)
Ok but it was a short notice fight at the very end of his career after a year long layoff fighting bums outside the top 15. Let's not brag about a win over Bonnar. Dude was a 7 to 1 underdog.

no, we are talking about an amazing win that you claim was nothing special
That's while applauding a guy beat on an clearly injured opponent and thinking it was a "great win".

One KNEW the opponent was not 100%. The other one no one knew.
I never mentioned anything about GSP, you did. But if this analogy works for you, I fully support it.

Out of 3 fights at 205, 2 were against guys who've been champs. I do agree that it would have been interesting to see how far up the 205 ladder a prime Anderson could have gone, especially since he looked so impressive in both the Irvin and the Griffin fights.

ITT : people who watched back in the day and knew how good prime shogun and page were vs Newbs

Out of 3 fights at 205, 2 were against guys who've been champs. I do agree that it would have been interesting to see how far up the 205 ladder a prime Anderson could have gone, especially since he looked so impressive in both the Irvin and the Griffin fights.
Out of 4 Fight at 205

James Irvin
Forrest Griffin c
Stephan Bonner
Daniel Cormier c

I do agree that it would have been interesting to see how far up the 205 ladder a prime Anderson could have gone, especially since he looked so impressive in both the Irvin and the Griffin fights.

Anderson would have been favorite over most LHW champs during his prime

Rampage was considered 50/50 by most folks at the time but chute box had mopped the floor with rampage up until that point.

Rashad - got smoked by Lyoto, likely a similar fight with Anderson

Forrest- humiliated

Lyoto- 50/50 fight

Shogun - imo this matchup at that time favors Anderson. He had a better chin than Lyoto and was a bit more aggressive (even with his counters). Shogun was at the beginning of his decline and had several knee surgeries already.

Jon Jones- Beats Anderson with relative ease, youth size, wrestling etc. probably a decision, maybe tko or sub on ground.

* If Chuck was still champ when Anderson won the belt, which I think he was, Anderson KOs Chuck in round 1.

Anderson would have been favorite over most LHW champs during his prime

Rampage was considered 50/50 by most folks at the time but chute box had mopped the floor with rampage up until that point.

Rashad - got smoked by Lyoto, likely a similar fight with Anderson

Forrest- humiliated

Lyoto- 50/50 fight

Shogun - imo this matchup at that time favors Anderson. He had a better chin than Lyoto and was a bit more aggressive (even with his counters). Shogun was at the beginning of his decline and had several knee surgeries already.

Jon Jones- Beats Anderson with relative ease, youth size, wrestling etc. probably a decision, maybe tko or sub on ground.

* If Chuck was still champ when Anderson won the belt, which I think he was, Anderson KOs Chuck in round 1.
Shogun beat machida,he is def going to beat Anderson.

Serra holds a win over GSP

I'm ashamed I hadn't thought about this first.

We all know that Shogun, Rampage, and Tito were all one hit wonders, JUST LIKE SERRA. GREAT POINT, MAN.

giphy.webp

I sure do love this place...

giphy.webp

Back