Why did a decorated striker like Shevchenko decide use the blanket strategy???

Yeah one gif removes the large portions of times Shevchenko slammed Joanna to the ground in their fight.

The gif was meant to show that Shevchenko easily beat Joanna in the striking. She was just faster and better than Joanna that night, as far as striking goes. So, her takedowns were not because she couldn't beat Joanna standing. That's just how she fights. She goes for takedowns against most of her opponents, even the ones that she easily beat, like Chookagian.

You blind fuck !
Keep up with your quippy bullshit that doesnt get you banned. She does nothing exciting. She always plays safe and virgins like you eat it up. Go lay down. Mr. I only post things that arent going to get me yellowed. Piece of shit poster.

Keep up with your quippy bullshit that doesnt get you banned. She does nothing exciting. She always plays safe and virgins like you eat it up. Go lay down. Mr. I only post things that arent going to get me yellowed. Piece of shit poster.
509c464792241ea6177721705f2502f5.gif

It's simple actually. She could control Maia from the top but as we saw in round 2, couldn't do anything about it when Maia tool control. Rather than stand and risk being taken down, she forced the issue and fought where she was dominant.
This. Pretty obvious to me.

She was safe on the ground against the BJJ black belt?

Seems like the exact recipe to get caught
idk much about her. All I see is that she has 5 subs? There are so many black belts in mma that it really doesn't mean shit . Especially when they got their black belt in a gi without striking involved. Poirier and usman are black belts. Doesn't mean I don't favor Khabib or maia respectivvely over them in a submission match

Shut the fuck up. Valentina is anything but boring. She just dominates her opponents with such class, it's gets boring. That's how good she is. Appreciate one of the only interesting and superbly skilled female fighters that have ever graced the octagon.

You need to calm down fanboy

Valentina is the most boring fighter in a soccer mum can division

She make Usman look like Gaethje

If she was truly as great as her fanboys like you claim to be, she would easily crush her competition with finishes but she struggled against some random soccer mum can in a fight she was a massive favorite

Nunes & Weili are easily better fighters than her, at least they fight actual top competition in former champs not soccer mum cans in a fake division

She was safe on the ground against the BJJ black belt?

Seems like the exact recipe to get caught
She always had a dominant top game. She is comfortable there with anyone

Shevchenko easily beat Joanna on the feet.

29c82fc49316487b2d916c7cf801b0e4.gif

She also took Chookagian down after dominating her in the standup. That's just how she fights - mixed striking with takedowns to make her opponents have a difficult time countering her moves.
Fighting someone equal to you or even better when you're bigger fighter means nothing.

Sounds like a Fedor thing to do, honestly.

Grapple with Nog, Strike with CroCop... hah. What a legend
"I was born in Kyrgyzstan,and started training Martial arts at 5 yrs old. I won Seventeen world championships,and had been fighting for 22 yrs before I ever got to the UFC. After 27 yrs of fighting I was able to become UFC champion. I do not need to worry about losing motivation."

tenor.gif

Because WMMA is evolving so fast you just can't understand it.

What do you want her to do?She couldn't hurt a fly with the weak punches she throws...

She did it to win the fight. Says a lot that she out grappled a grappler.

Back