Why can't people accept Ronda is the GOAT?

damn i had to rewatch that gif about 10 times lol

it does look weak, from the uppertorso up. then you look at those huge judo hips rotate through, and you'll know thats where all the power came from

No, actually it still looks weak.

Ronda has been in the GOAT debate for awhile now and at this point she may not only be the greatest in this sport, but possibly the greatest athlete in the world. Not even superstars like C.Ronaldo, Messi, Federer, LeBron, Bolt etc. displays the level of dominance over the rest of the field as Rousey, it's truely remarkable.
I can't really think of any other athlete that has been this dominant, so it's possible that Rousey's not only the greatest athlete currently, but perhaps in the entire history of the world.

Don't be a fucking idiot. All those athletes dominated a sport that was 10,000 times deeper the the womans 135LB division.

I do have a problem with stupid people comparing Ronda to actual MMA fighters.

Umm, I hate to break it to you put Ronda IS actually an MMA fighter. It may be shocking but it is true. You can google this shit!

I notice that a large portion of sherdog posters (and MMA fans in general) seem to have a hard time admitting how good Ronda actually is. People seem to refuse to admit she has transcended the sport in terms of mainstream appeal and is the most dominant fighter of any weightclass at any time of the sports history.

Is it just because she's a woman? Is it a form of male insecurity from the fans because she has excelled far greater than any guy in MMA has? Why do so many people seem to have a hard tim with accepting this?

Enough with the excuses about her competition, she's destroying everyone they put in front of her. If everyone else can't even make it competitive that's on them.

TS:

married_with_children_NO_MAAM_ovulates_al_bundy_mask.jpg

There are so many problems with this argument. And the level of competition has EVERYTHING to do with it.

For starters, the same people selling the Ronda hype are the same people who said there would never be a women's division in the UFC because the level of competition was not there

Megumi > Ronda. Megumi faced and beat opponents bigger than her. Ronda has not.
Megumis 26 wins is worth more than Rondas 12.
To challenge Megumi she need to go up and face bigger opponents, which I know she can do.
It is like saying Royce Gracie is the goat. Ronda is good but the competition isn't there yet.
Royce > Ronda.
He faced and beat alot bigger opponents. Ronda has not.

But even them liked to see a chick fight. At least Al Bundy was delighted about it.

That's different.

Watching a chickfight and imagining how they will start to make out is way different from saying that someone is MMA GOAT:)

You can't be the goat if there are like 50 million men that can beat you.

Enough with the excuses about her competition, she's destroying everyone they put in front of her. If everyone else can't even make it competitive that's on them.

flawed argument.

can't blame a poodle for not being able to fight competitively against a rottweiler.

dana was right, a few years back, when he said womens mma isn't ready for the ufc (skill & talent pool wise). nothing has changed except they found a "pretty" rottweiler to make money off of, whist mauling poodles. it's a shame the only other big dog in wmma is in a different weight class.

Is this guy serious? Were really going to say Ronda is the best martial artist of all time eh? I dont even have the words.

If you're not going to take into consideration the level of her competition than it's incorrect to take in consideration the ease by which she dispatches said competition. Of course her performance is a reflection of her competition. It's only natural.

It's good to see you understand that dominance isn't the sole criteria for GOAT status. Overall skillset - the ability to be efficient and effective in any given situation should also be included (this to me is what separates Jones from prime Silva. Jones can take it anywhere and beat you. Shit, he'll beat you at your own game! That is fucking GOAT! ... anyway). GOAT criteria really has to take overall skillset into consideration because what kind of GOAT is uncomfortable in one part of a whole of something of which they should be expert at. Rhonda is awesome but she isn't as proficient in as many areas compared to her male counterparts who fight levels of competition much higher than hers.

Jones and Aldo are definitely above her. Weidman and Johnson too most probably.

Last edited:
Ronda has been in the GOAT debate for awhile now and at this point she may not only be the greatest in this sport, but possibly the greatest athlete in the world. Not even superstars like C.Ronaldo, Messi, Federer, LeBron, Bolt etc. displays the level of dominance over the rest of the field as Rousey, it's truely remarkable.
I can't really think of any other athlete that has been this dominant, so it's possible that Rousey's not only the greatest athlete currently, but perhaps in the entire history of the world.

That doesn't mean shit in the grand scheme of things.

Lets say I invented a sport tomorrow and had 300 random people around the world competing in it. If I was more dominate in this sport than even Rousey has been, does that make me the greatest athlete in the entire history of the world? You would have to be retarded to use the same logic about Rousey.

The entry level into WMMA is next to nothing. It's an insult to think that her competition is the same level as Messi for example.

Here's a litmus test. How many women do you personally know that completed in MMA? How many women do you know played soccer growing up or any time in their lives? Comparing the two is retarded.

Ronda is amazing, I don't like her personality at all but skillwise she is very talented.
I still think that the division is very weak, but she seems a step higher than all of the others, actually she should compete against the men lol

GOAT of women, yeah, GOAT in MMA, no way.
Outsriking Bethe Correia isn't the same than outstriking Crocop
Fedor remains the GOAT and doesn't validate btw WMMA :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back