Why can't people accept Ronda is the GOAT?

How pathetic are some of these excuses?

Weak division? Cans? Find me better WBW fighters that are not in the UFC.

Exactly. She's fighting the best available, Ronda is just that much better.

Did everyone call the entire MW division cans when Anderson was on his run? What about all the welterweights GSP faced during his run? Must have all been cans besides Hughes and Serra right.

Some of these responses are pretty fucking pathetic too.

'Cause she's good at armbars'

Really cause an armbar totally knocked out Sara McMann, Alexis Davis and Bethe Correia.

Whiny ass hater morons.

This is ridiculous.

Watch the fights, look at the level of technique showcased by her and her opponents. Bethe Correia's road to the title shot was also ridiculous. Her three opponents before rousey are a combined 0-9 in their last three fights.

The divisions is way too shallow and way to inexperienced and unskilled to be talked about in the same breath as the mens divisions. Rousey is a good fighter, but not great. Her dominance is more of a show of how bad the WBW division is than how great of a fighter she is.

Anyone denying this fact is just being insincere or intentionally ignorant.

And why can't you accept that people have more than just dominance as their criterion?

This is the first reasonable objection I've read in this thread. Fair enough, I concede acceptance of others alternative criterion for being considerd the greatest. For me though dominance (when so thorough and consistent), has to be one of the main considerations.

Ronda's the GOAT at women's 135. That's it.

Below that is Fujii territory, above is Cyborg.

EDIT: I'm starting to understand how people who watched Leonard, Robinson, Hearns, Duran, Hagler, etc feel when people try to call Mayweather the GOAT now.

Last edited:
I notice that a large portion of sherdog posters (and MMA fans in general) seem to have a hard time admitting how good Ronda actually is. People seem to refuse to admit she has transcended the sport in terms of mainstream appeal and is the most dominant fighter of any weightclass at any time of the sports history.

Is it just because she's a woman? Is it a form of male insecurity from the fans because she has excelled far greater than any guy in MMA has? Why do so many people seem to have a hard tim with accepting this?

Enough with the excuses about her competition, she's destroying everyone they put in front of her. If everyone else can't even make it competitive that's on them.

I think the problem with this is Gina Carano was the undisputed best womens mma fighter at the time and Cyborg destroyed her. beatdown Coenen aka the "Golden Girl from Golden Glory" and looked absolutely dominant and outclassed everyone she faced since then. I mean Cyborg looks so scary I'd bet there are UFC fighters who couldn't strike with her.

i'd compare rondas situation as goat to this.....

if Anderson Silva didn't lose and continued to dominate everyone, and a MW in another organization came along and started beating top MW's it'd be hard to accept the new MW as the best without actually fighting Anderson.

I believe Ronda has more impressive wins, but Cyborg has beaten bigger names IMO. Cyborg is a better striker and is way stronger than Rousey. I think Ronda has a chance, but i'd put money down on Cyborg winning

Correira is 2 years a pro, has 1 year layoff and then fights Ronda, after defeating divisions last place Baszler who is 1:4 in her last 5 and fired by the UFC.
Ronda has developed power, but her striking still sucks ass.

Dillashaw destroys her 1 handed while eating a pie and having a knife in his back

She's beating females that aren't really all that good at mma. She's beating one dimensional single moms and women that took a few self defense classes. Beat an mma lifer like Cyborg then I'll throw you in the all time great category. I will never put her in the all time MMA GOAT convo though. She is the female MMA GOAT but I can't throw her in with the men.

goat? she isn't even top50 in her weight class.

I do have a problem with stupid people comparing Ronda to actual MMA fighters.

She fights cans, her fights are the same as Kimbo boat yard brawl with cans!

I do have a problem with stupid people comparing Ronda to actual MMA fighters.

She fights cans, her fights are the same as Kimbo boat yard brawl with cans!
Seriously, did you Get beat up by girls when you were a kid or did your mother not give you enough love as a child? What's this vendetta you hold against women that does not allow you to recognize and acknowledge the talent and domination Ronda portrays every time she's in the octagon?

Not everybody swallows what's being spoon-fed to them. Dana and Co can pretend the spoon is an airplane all they want, but I ain't biting.

This is ridiculous.

Watch the fights, look at the level of technique showcased by her and her opponents. Bethe Correia's road to the title shot was also ridiculous. Her three opponents before rousey are a combined 0-9 in their last three fights.

The divisions is way too shallow and way to inexperienced and unskilled to be talked about in the same breath as the mens divisions. Rousey is a good fighter, but not great. Her dominance is more of a show of how bad the WBW division is than how great of a fighter she is.

Anyone denying this fact is just being insincere or intentionally ignorant.

This, Oh by the way TS keep drinking Dana's cool aid on how great Ronda is!

Stating that someone is the best solely due to dominance, without looking at the relevant factors, is directly rewarding people who pad their records and face low level competition.

Not that Ronda has any good fighters to fight compared to men's MMA, but the TS opinion means that to compete with Ronda you have to avoid fighting skilled fighters.

Only retards think Ronda is the goat across both men and women's MMA. The most dominant? Sure. But her competition sucks, and sucks hard.

Looking at her last 4 title defenses, one was in just over a minute and after that her next three title defenses have lasted slightly over a minute combined.

The UFC has not ever had a title holder/champ in its history, from the very first one in 1993 all the way to today, whose skill gap relative to the competition was that big that they could finish all their title fights this quickly. Not Penn, not Royce, not Matt Hughes, not Frank Shamrock, not Ortiz, not Anderson, not Liddell, not Couture, not Lesnar, not GSP, not Aldo, not Jon Jones, not Cain, not anyone.

I thin when we saw Weidman defend his title against an over the hill, well past his peak Machida and Rousey defend against someone who was closer to her physical peak as a fighter, and saw Weidman take 25 minutes and Rousey take 16 seconds, that made it pretty much clear for most of us. Unless we were willing to accept that Rousey was somehow that much better as a fighter than Weidman, which we were not unless we were completely insane.

Because you don't compare women's sports and men's sports. They are different, and are enjoyable for different reasons.

Right! Men's sport are regarded more seriously while women's sport are, to be honest, just to add extra entertainment! And it's cute! Plus it encourages "girl-power" and all that which is awesome!!! But at the end of the day you just don't take a woman's performance on par with that of a man! Am I right? You fucking sexist twat.

Last edited:
I notice that a large portion of sherdog posters (and MMA fans in general) seem to have a hard time admitting how good Ronda actually is. People seem to refuse to admit she has transcended the sport in terms of mainstream appeal and is the most dominant fighter of any weightclass at any time of the sports history.

Is it just because she's a woman? Is it a form of male insecurity from the fans because she has excelled far greater than any guy in MMA has? Why do so many people seem to have a hard tim with accepting this?

Enough with the excuses about her competition, she's destroying everyone they put in front of her. If everyone else can't even make it competitive that's on them.

- insecurity

- small cuck complex

etc.

She can't be considered the great MMA fighter without competing against the best in her weight class and possibly the class above, it must include the men and women fighters. You can start the argument the day she beats Faber, Cruz and Dillashaw.

If she is not fighting men she can not be put into the conversion except amongst women.

With your silly logic Serena Williams is arguably the greatest tennis player off all time and consensus top 5

People can bag her opponents all the they want, but the besides tonight, the rest are good fighters. If Ronda wasn't around, no one would be saying Tate, Cat, McMann, or Davis are shit. It's just haterade because Ronda is more known then their hero.

Looking at her last 4 title defenses, one was in just over a minute and after that her next three title defenses have lasted slightly over a minute combined.

The UFC has not ever had a title holder/champ in its history, from the very first one in 1993 all the way to today, whose skill gap relative to the competition was that big that they could finish all their title fights this quickly. Not Penn, not Royce, not Matt Hughes, not Frank Shamrock, not Ortiz, not Anderson, not Liddell, not Couture, not Lesnar, not GSP, not Aldo, not Jon Jones, not Cain, not anyone.

I thin when we saw Weidman defend his title against an over the hill, well past his peak Machida and Rousey defend against someone who was closer to her physical peak as a fighter, and saw Weidman take 25 minutes and Rousey take 16 seconds, that made it pretty much clear for most of us. Unless we were willing to accept that Rousey was somehow that much better as a fighter than Weidman, which we were not unless we were completely insane.

This. Huge skill gap =/= high level skill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back