Why can't people accept Ronda is the GOAT?

Break Brick

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I notice that a large portion of sherdog posters (and MMA fans in general) seem to have a hard time admitting how good Ronda actually is. People seem to refuse to admit she has transcended the sport in terms of mainstream appeal and is the most dominant fighter of any weightclass at any time of the sports history.

Is it just because she's a woman? Is it a form of male insecurity from the fans because she has excelled far greater than any guy in MMA has? Why do so many people seem to have a hard tim with accepting this?

Enough with the excuses about her competition, she's destroying everyone they put in front of her. If everyone else can't even make it competitive that's on them.

I don't think anyone disagrees on a fact that she is the GOAT female MMA fighter. Is that what you are asking?

There's 26 fighters in the division and half of them nearly have 1:1 win/loss ratios.

I'm not effeminate enough to see Ronda being the GOAT, sorry.

There's 26 fighters in the division and half of them nearly have 1:1 win/loss ratios.

Exactly, piss poor division. Ronda is brilliant, but no one at 135 anywhere near her level.

Can you even put her in the goat discussion with men.

Shows how low quality the sport is if she is the best ever.

Well TS it looks like

158DE

The quality of her competition isn't an excuse. It's just the facts.

Exactly, piss poor division. Ronda is brilliant, but no one at 135 anywhere near her level.

Ronda isn't brilliant. She's an ex-Olympian in Judo and that's pretty much the reason behind her success, it's not her piss-poor striking or her subpar grappling skills, it's her armbars.

Ronda has been in the GOAT debate for awhile now and at this point she may not only be the greatest in this sport, but possibly the greatest athlete in the world. Not even superstars like C.Ronaldo, Messi, Federer, LeBron, Bolt etc. displays the level of dominance over the rest of the field as Rousey, it's truely remarkable.
I can't really think of any other athlete that has been this dominant, so it's possible that Rousey's not only the greatest athlete currently, but perhaps in the entire history of the world.

Maybe it has to due with she has not been tested and the top 5 goats have been tested. They all have been tested Jose Aldo: chad mendes/frankie edgar/ and the looming threat of conrad. Fedor: Cro Cop/randleman/Big Nog
Jon Jones Machida/Gus/Belfort GSP Condit/Serra/Hendricks/Hughes
Anderson Silva Sonnen/Belfort.

Ronda has been in the GOAT debate for awhile now and at this point she may not only be the greatest in this sport, but possibly the greatest athlete in the world. Not even superstars like C.Ronaldo, Messi, Federer, LeBron, Bolt etc. displays the level of dominance over the rest of the field as Rousey, it's truely remarkable.
I can't really think of any other athlete that has been this dominant, so it's possible that Rousey's not only the greatest athlete currently, but perhaps in the entire history of the world.

Or it's possible that her success is made-up and that she's just a paper champ, like many before.

Ronda isn't brilliant. She's an ex-Olympian in Judo and that's pretty much the reason behind her success, it's not her piss-poor striking or her subpar grappling skills, it's her armbars.

I should note, I meant for a female MMA fighter, she's brilliant. Her skill set wouldn't cut it in the men's game.

Karelin respects the goatness of Ronda rousey

Its hard to find appreciation or praise on a "hardcore" forum. Talk to casuals in real life and you will quickly realize the impact that the girl has. Im a "hardcore" fan but i can definitely appreciate and thoroughly enjoy what Ronda brings to the table. Is she the best fighter in the world? No. But as an individual fighter she definitely stands out.

Ronda is the equivalent of Hector Lombard in Bellator.

Is Hector a great fighter? Absolutely. Is he the best to ever do it? Hell no. And endlessly curb-stomping journeymen, can crushers, and cans wasn't helping his cause.

This is Ronda's world! We're just living in it.

Back