Why can't people accept Ronda is the GOAT?

The Womens MMA category is still in its infancy. Give it 5-10 years to mature and actually get better competition going. Right now it is so uneven due to a lack of educated quality fighters. I mean have you watched WMMA, there is almost no plan but wildly flinging punches or Rousey judo throw then armbaring people.

Women's MMA has been around since at least 2001. Watch old SmackGirl, JEWELS, or Valkyrie fights and the fight quality is about the same as it is now.

Ronda's not even the GOAT female fighter yet. Megumi Fujii had the same level of dominance, for twice as many fights, in 2 weight classes.

Last edited:
This might be the most epic fail in the attempted use of logic I've ever seen.

No, because if you were smart enough to not cut my post you would realize that it's in reference to MMA, not Judo or brilliance in general. She's clearly not a brilliant mixed martial artist, and it's certainly not her subpar competition that will change that. Dummy.

Because she's a girl and girls have cooties!

Because you don't compare women's sports and men's sports. They are different, and are enjoyable for different reasons.

Its hard to find appreciation or praise on a "hardcore" forum. Talk to casuals in real life and you will quickly realize the impact that the girl has. Im a "hardcore" fan but i can definitely appreciate and thoroughly enjoy what Ronda brings to the table. Is she the best fighter in the world? No. But as an individual fighter she definitely stands out.

That's because we know what we are watching and can put her dominance in context and perspective. Most of her casual fans are only Ronda fans, not MMA fans. People try to discount Fedor's GOAT status claiming he fought freaks and cans and ignoring that he wrecked legit top guys like prime Big Nog, prime CroCop, AA, etc. Casual fans don't realize that Ronda Rowdy's record only includes the Hong Man Chois and Matt Lindlands of Fedor's career.

Because you don't compare women's sports and men's sports. They are different, and are enjoyable for different reasons.

You watch men's sports for the skill and determination. You watch women's sports because it's good to see the little guy try so hard and win.

Its just hard to believe. Look, I've seen some crazy things but this is getting ridiculous.

I can not think of a single instance in my life where I've someone get KO'd with so little impact. Not in MMA, Pro Wrestling, movies, YouTube videos, or even in real life personally. Seriously, Spock pinched people harder than Ronda hit Bethe.

1367321853364276840.gif

Lol, that was the punch that did it? It looks like she's trying to push her down. HW's throw better technique in the bush leagues.

Is this a reference to how she looks?

Seperate category or women? Maybe

The MMA landscape? Not even top 100

I notice that a large portion of sherdog posters (and MMA fans in general) seem to have a hard time admitting how good Ronda actually is. People seem to refuse to admit she has transcended the sport in terms of mainstream appeal and is the most dominant fighter of any weightclass at any time of the sports history.

Is it just because she's a woman? Is it a form of male insecurity from the fans because she has excelled far greater than any guy in MMA has? Why do so many people seem to have a hard tim with accepting this?

Enough with the excuses about her competition, she's destroying everyone they put in front of her. If everyone else can't even make it competitive that's on them.

Let me ask you a question TS, honestly which resume do you find more impressive?

Tate x2
Kaufman
Carmouche
McMann
Davis
Zingano
Correia

or

Bonnar
Vera
Matyushenko
Bader
Shogun
Rampage
Machida
Rashad
TRTitor
Sonnen
Gus
Glo-Tex
DC

Lol, that was the punch that did it? It looks like she's trying to push her down. HW's throw better technique in the bush leagues.

she was already wobbly and got hit behind the ear, tough guy

Let me ask you a question TS, honestly which resume do you find more impressive?

Tate x2
Kaufman
Carmouche
McMann
Davis
Zingano
Correia

or

Bonnar
Vera
Matyushenko
Bader
Shogun
Rampage
Machida
Rashad
TRTitor
Sonnen
Gus
Glo-Tex
DC

Given the manner in which it was done? The first one

I notice that a large portion of sherdog posters (and MMA fans in general) seem to have a hard time admitting how good Ronda actually is. People seem to refuse to admit she has transcended the sport in terms of mainstream appeal and is the most dominant fighter of any weightclass at any time of the sports history.

Is it just because she's a woman? Is it a form of male insecurity from the fans because she has excelled far greater than any guy in MMA has? Why do so many people seem to have a hard tim with accepting this?

Enough with the excuses about her competition, she's destroying everyone they put in front of her. If everyone else can't even make it competitive that's on them.

If you can look at Ronda's resume then look at GSP's or Aldo's or Anderson's or Jones's or Fedor's, and then consider Ronda's to be greater, then I feel very sorry for you. You are to intelligent MMA conversation what Bethe Correia is to championship-level competition.

ie - not remotely equipped for it.

She is the best woman MMA fighter in her division. This is fact. Woman MMA is a marginal sport yet.

If you can look at Ronda's resume then look at GSP's or Aldo's or Anderson's or Jones's or Fedor's, and then consider Ronda's to be greater, then I feel very sorry for you. You are to intelligent MMA conversation what Bethe Correia is to championship-level competition.

ie - not remotely equipped for it.

An athlete is only as good as they perform against the competition they are able to face. Ronda has consistently outperformed her competition (at this point) by a wider margin than any of the names you've listed. It's not her fault that no one is able to challenge or compete with her...Well actually it is, but in a good way. The fact is she is the most dominant champion in the sports history.

Thanks for the sympathy by the way ;)

Its like comparing the best athlete from the special Olympics to the normal Olympics.

she is by far the best WMMA fighter right now. but GOAT? her MMA career is 12 fights long and 4 fucking years old. kinda early to speak about GOATness. is she keeps it up till she she 20+ fights and about 10 years in MMA - then she certainly has the right to be called WMMA GOAT.

Because of a little term called "level of competition".

Also because we have eyes.

Back