Why can't people accept Ronda is the GOAT?

It IS stupid...but who fuckin cares? People will always disagree, just to be ****s...especially on the internet...especially on Sherdog.

her division is very shallow but that doesn't take away from her skills at all.

Its hard to find appreciation or praise on a "hardcore" forum. Talk to casuals in real life and you will quickly realize the impact that the girl has. Im a "hardcore" fan but i can definitely appreciate and thoroughly enjoy what Ronda brings to the table. Is she the best fighter in the world? No. But as an individual fighter she definitely stands out.

Well the casuals have no idea who her competition is unlike hardcore fans. The casual fan just assumes each opponent is a worthy challenger.

I can appreciate and thoroughly enjoy what Ronda brings to the table as well but I'm able to put it into perspective because I'm aware of the quality of competition she's fighting. GOAT talk is ridiculous (unless confined to WMMA)

It IS stupid...but who fuckin cares? People will always disagree, just to be ****s...especially on the internet...especially on Sherdog.

Exactly, people who disagree that Ronda Rousey is the reincarnation of Athena, the Goddess of War, which allows her to grant death instantly to anyone or anything, are completely DELUSIONAL! It's obvious enough that St-Pierre, Silva and Jones would crumble in front of such magnificent powers.

I accept that she's the female GOAT. If she finishes her career undefeated and defeats Cyborg she might be the overall GOAT too.

I'd rather be insecure (which im not) than an effeminate wimp. As they say, to each his own.

yok.gif

Its just hard to believe. Look, I've seen some crazy things but this is getting ridiculous.

I can not think of a single instance in my life where I've someone get KO'd with so little impact. Not in MMA, Pro Wrestling, movies, YouTube videos, or even in real life personally. Seriously, Spock pinched people harder than Ronda hit Bethe.

tumblr_mo1p53U8zm1qgfofoo2_400.gif

1367321853364276840.gif

damn i had to rewatch that gif about 10 times lol

it does look weak, from the uppertorso up. then you look at those huge judo hips rotate through, and you'll know thats where all the power came from

It is like saying Royce Gracie is the goat. Ronda is good but the competition isn't there yet.

Weak division is weak...

I cringe when she's thrown out there in the P4P talks with some of the best males in MMA. I will admit that she's a good athlete, but I just can't take what she does in MMA seriously given the talent level that she faces.

GOAT of WMMA yea, but I can't even entertain the idea of being the GOAT in all of MMA until she faces the level of competition that her male counterparts face.

The Womens MMA category is still in its infancy. Give it 5-10 years to mature and actually get better competition going. Right now it is so uneven due to a lack of educated quality fighters. I mean have you watched WMMA, there is almost no plan but wildly flinging punches or Rousey judo throw then armbaring people.

"GOAT". Lol at this guy.

There's 26 fighters in the division and half of them nearly have 1:1 win/loss ratios.

Thread should've been closed/deleted after this post.

Well the casuals have no idea who her competition is unlike hardcore fans. The casual fan just assumes each opponent is a worthy challenger.

I can appreciate and thoroughly enjoy what Ronda brings to the table as well but I'm able to put it into perspective because I'm aware of the quality of competition she's fighting. GOAT talk is ridiculous (unless confined to WMMA)

All of her opponents in the UFC have been worthy challengers, but she still outclasses them.

There can still be talented fighters in a weak division. The women she's fighting are not scrubs. She just makes them look like one.

"GOAT". Lol at this guy.

Thread should've been closed/deleted after this post.

Maybe it would have if it were true. Whilst there are 26 fighters on the roster the win/loss ratio comment is not accurate. Even if it were it wouldn't be a valid argument to detract from Ronda being the greatest as her opponents have a much better win/loss percentage than that quoted by Taric( bar a couple). It's also worth noting that Ronda has no control over the win/loss ratio of the roster (other than handing out everyone she comes across devastating losses, obviously).

Thanks for your contribution though

She's the greatest like my old Little League D division championship team was the best......not so much

She is the GOAT, in a division with the depth of a puddle.

Because she hasn't even fought the only other fighter who is remotely close to her level? Yeah, probably that

Back