why cant KJ noons win a fight now?

bjpenngoat

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
he had it all for a minute, the boxing, the footwork, the hair...Now he just gets worked every single fight. he never gets creamed, never gets finished, other than the choke by the curitba cowboy, but he just gets outworked and out thought in every single fight.

Hes not threatening with anything other than let me bang bro.

MMA gods are punishing him for his hairstyle.

He likes to pace himself too much, and is always worried about being put on his back.
With as long as he has been a professional fighter, you would have think he would have learned or found ways to figured out how to defend most takedowns at this point.

He spent alot of time chasing Burkman instead of cutting him off.

Footwork, moving in and out of range and having a more diverse range of strikes and combos would make him a less predictable puzzle to figure out.

Not aggressive enough, when he pushes forward he wins but these days he is too tentative.

he looks like he's spending too much time in his head. over-analyzing and overthinking. he doesn't look like he's having as much fun as he used to. he should just go in there and do his thing.

He literally landed zero strikes in the first 4:30 minutes against an opponent slower than him, he simply looks and acts like he doesn't want to do it.

I think it's just too hard to be a pure boxer at the lower weight classes because so many guys have good wrestling. He just devotes so much attention to avoiding being taken down, that he gets outworked. And plus, you can always stall him out like Burkman did in the 3rd.

He tries to box in an mma match without adapting it to fit mma.

All that hair product is slowing him down. A price I'd gladly pay to have a mop like that.

he had it all for a minute, the boxing, the footwork, the hair...Now he just gets worked every single fight. he never gets creamed, never gets finished, other than the choke by the curitba cowboy, but he just gets outworked and out thought in every single fight.

If you go back to when he fought a few years ago, like when he fought nick diaz, he was a completely different fighter. He is way too cosious now. never lets anything go...

He seems like he is a very good boxer with mediocre skills at every other art. He got away with it in strikeforce for the most part due to mostly one dimensional opponents. He only matched up well against Diaz because Diaz likes to box. In the UFC I think most people with a brain knew he would struggle. One more loss and he fades into obscurity.

He's too tentative and seems like he doesn't work his TDD or ground game AT ALL so he's too nervous to throw anything in fear of being put on his back.... He's already got his boxing/kick boxing next camp he should ONLY work on Wrestling, Wrestling defense, clinch work, and BJJ

Back