Why boxing is dead....

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I suspect that you may have missed my obvious sarcasm, I would like to point out that Valuev was a 2x WBA champ.

Nah.. I got the sarcasm.. I was just adding to it

and being wba champion doesnt mean shit. It took him a shit load of fights just to get that far.. and he was matched cautiously while doing it.. the moment he started facing top opponents that could deal with his size advantage, the fact that he couldn't hang at the top was revealed.

I think Brock depends heavily on size just like this guy did.. and he has a gas tank like this guy does.. but once he faces somebody that can handle those two factors, he'll lose..just like Valuev did.

MMA is the purest form of combat sport in the world today.

That you cannot argue. Boxing consists of 1 form of offense, which is punches.

MMA has multiple methods of offense, punching, kicks, knees and elbows as well as grappling, chokes, takedowns and joint locks.

Boxing - sweet science

MMA - sweetest science

/thread

ya but it involves a nyggas nuts in your face

so yea...

boxing aint dead dude its just not watered down like mma

It's an mma forum first and foremost, so of course a sub-forum like boxing will get less hits. Use some fucking logic.

Anybody watching UFC 117 right now?

According to Rogan, this will answer the age old question to see if MMA fighters are better than boxing

Anybody watching UFC 117 right now?

According to Rogan, this will answer the age old question to see if MMA fighters are better than boxing

yeah... no

I thought it was funny that Couture said "Toney was the first boxer to put his money where his mouth is"... I dont see any ufc guys rushing to try their hand against boxers in their realm

That said, Kermit Cintron, who was a good wrestler, tried to get the ufc to show some interest in him, and they wanted no part of him.. why? because he has the best of both worlds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back