Why are we hearing so much about Ronda or Bethe's moms?

Nezahualcoyotl

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Is it just me that's finds this weird or anyone else? I can't remember the last time we had to hear so much about what a fighter's parents thought. Some people don't take WMMA seriously as is, so I'm certain this can't be helping.

Just sounds pretty childish to me.

I honestly don't give a sh**about what any fighters parent says. Rondas mom is particularly vocal and annoying I find.

Wasn't Ronda's mom a pioneer in womens Judo, in the states?
I don't know about the mother of Bethe, but I guess Ronda's mom is relevant as a figure in MMA/MA.

We've always heard about Ronda's mom. For the obvious reason that she was one of the greatest american Judokas, and a pioneer.

I don't know about Bethe's mom.

I wish the co main event was ronda's mom vs bethe's mom

Both fights would end in an armbar within seconds, one would be like a vision of what the other would look like 20 years into the future.

Ufc 200 maybe

I haven't heard much from any of their mothers. Only recent thing I've seen was when Rondas mother made a few brief appearences on the UFC produced hype shows. Once making as if to throw Ronda, once being interviewed saying she wants Ronda to finish the fight as soon as possible.

Nothing at all that I can remember about Bethes?
Maybe it was really uninteresting and I instantly forgot.

When I heard Rousey's Mom say she didn't want her to draw the fight out, I thought she meant because she didn't want Ronda to cause unnecessary damage to an opponent but it turned out it's because she doesn't want the opponent to have more of a chance of winning. She also said that to 'punish' someone, she should bend her arm at 45 degrees. I thought that was a bit tasteless until I read Bethe's Mom's 'break her jaw' comment. Both as bad as each other :p

The media needs something to talk about, because obviously they can’t talk about the competiveness of this fight. They’re scraping the bottom of the barrel when they start asking the moms for interviews, but they know there are thousands of idiots who will click and read. Many of them take it a step further and post each and every article on the Sherdog forums as if they’re “news”.

weid171356-420x415.jpg

certain folks we hear from... ronda's mom is semi relevant like wonderboy and cruikshank's dads...if those guys were champs we would here much more from them

context friend....

i havent heard anything from bethe mom though

Ronda's mom is annoying. It'll be worth it to see Ronda lose just so her mother can break down in tears.

Because murica.

They need a sap story to get into it at all.

Same with why "pro wrestling" can only really exist over there, which is basically just dramatic theatre.
Its all about that drama and sap over there. The actual fighting is just the cherry on top

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back