Why are UFC card fight orders so stupid?

They think it is a good thing to have regional level fighters on a UFC main card over highly skilled guys who can scrap? Fair enough. I suppose that's why I don't put a suit on everyday.
Pure speculation, they might think a specific regional fighter will be able to grow their drawing power fast vs. an established fighter like a Dodson who is who he is at this point. Not a ton of historical drawing power and probably seen his better days behind him. Is it respectful or grateful to what he has done in the past, probably not but it allows them to test the waters to for young fighters to see if they can build a base enough to headline. The third to fifth spots on a PPV is like targeted advertising for them.

I think it's because the prelims are on TV (ESPN/BT Sport) so they put the exciting ones in there to rack up some eyeballs.
Weaver will be an exciting fight. He's an aggressive bastard. He could easily draw eyes in the prelims. UFC main cards are on BT sport also, fyi

I think sometimes the UFC likes to showcase people they consider prospects. This strategy has worked out in the past with fighters like Sage Northcutt, Paige Van Zant and Darren Till getting rushed to the main card and becoming disposable mid-level draws

screw that billion dollar company for making bad choices and continually winning $$

arghh!!

I think sometimes the UFC likes to showcase people they consider prospects. This strategy has worked out in the past with fighters like Sage Northcutt, Paige Van Zant and Darren Till getting rushed to the main card and becoming disposable mid-level draws
Yeah different thing. These people I am referencing would be bad fighters for Bellator. Outwith Borg

I’m bi-schedule

giphy.gif

It's a respect thing. UFC have none of it.

I love Jim Miller. I'm glad he's is on a bit of a streak and I'm excited to see him fight, but his best days as a competitive athlete are behind him.

Stripping a surging 27 year old top 10 fighter like Bontorin of a big opportunity to in order to put a couple of 36 year olds (fighting to be 40 in the division) on the main card isn't actual respect, it's a condescending pat on the head.

I'm all for some fan service here and there. Give Hendo one last shot at the belt. Do a champ champ fight. But you can't do that shit for no reason for a whole card on every card.

Seriously. Last week Juan Adams and Justin Tafa (both coming off bad losses) are below the Co Main on a Jones PPV? That's just last week.

This week - Brok Weaver vs Rodrigo Vargas, De La Rosa vs Mara Romero, Ray Borg vs Rogerio Bontorin are ALL in the main card ABOVE guys like Jim Miller, Tim Means (his hometown) and John Dodson, who are in the prelims. For real UFC? Fuck off.
If you think Jim Miller should be on the main card ahead of Borg vs Bontorin, you're insane.

If you think Jim Miller should be on the main card ahead of Borg vs Bontorin, you're insane.
Yeah Borg is a talent so he shouldn't have been in there. I think that will be a decent fight so not sure why I put that there anyway. Shit I just seen his opponents record - I blind bet Borg yesterday

I love Jim Miller. I'm glad he's is on a bit of a streak and I'm excited to see him fight, but his best days as a competitive athlete are behind him.

Stripping a surging 27 year old top 10 fighter like Bontorin of a big opportunity to in order to put a couple of 36 year olds (fighting to be 40 in the division) on the main card isn't actual respect, it's a condescending pat on the head.

I'm all for some fan service here and there. Give Hendo one last shot at the belt. Do a champ champ fight. But you can't do that shit for no reason for a whole card on every card.
Tim Means ain't done and he is a fan favourite. No reason for him to be there at least though?

The order does get perplexing. I get why some recognized names will be on the televised prelims. They need to bait in viewers on the prelims where they will further try to sell the main card. Still I doubt the UFC could even explain the order of some of these cards.

The fact Juan Adams is even on a UFC card period just tells you everything really. They wouldn't have him on the dark bouts of King of the Cage events

Zuffa use to almost always build the bout order correctly. Endeavor almost always builds the bout order incorrectly.

It's annoying for sure, one of my biggest pet peeves towards the UFC.

Yeah Borg is a talent so he shouldn't have been in there. I think that will be a decent fight so not sure why I put that there anyway. Shit I just seen his opponents record - I blind bet Borg yesterday
lol you goof. Bontorin beat Bibulatov who was massively hyped. It was actually an amazing wrestling vs BJJ fight. Paiva is also an extremely high level fighter.

Bontorin arguably deserves a title shot if he beats Borg.

With all this said, Bontorin was losing to Gustavo Silva on DWTNCS before an insane comeback.

I feel you, TS. I looked at the bout order for this card and wondered who in the flying fuck picked it? Pretty sure they just picked fights out of a top hat.

I know with their fragmented distribution model they tend to break up the event into multiple mini-cards each with their own main event.
Anyone know what the distribution is on this event? How do you watch the prelims? and the per-prelims? And the pre-prelim-pregame pre-show?

Whole card is ESPN+

No early prelims, just prelims and main card.

Back