Why are UFC card fight orders so stupid?

Martialbeef

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Seriously. Last week Juan Adams and Justin Tafa (both coming off bad losses) are below the Co Main on a Jones PPV? That's just last week.

This week - Brok Weaver vs Rodrigo Vargas, De La Rosa vs Mara Romero, Ray Borg vs Rogerio Bontorin are ALL in the main card ABOVE guys like Jim Miller, Tim Means (his hometown) and John Dodson, who are in the prelims. For real UFC? Fuck off.

I really don’t understand alot of what they do, but it’s a free card. And, I watch all the fights, anyway.

Maybe the main card guys are more local? I really don’t get that deep into it all.

If you consume all the content, does it really matter?

I hate it. It’s not like it’s a PPV and you want to put a good fight or two on the prelims to convince people to buy the PPV.

Because the organization is run by a sentient meatball who dropped out of college and found success by befriending two mobsters.

His decision making has been idiotic from the start.

Is it all on the app?

I know they'll put recognized names on the cable side because people still use the most efficient way of watching sports. Then when it switches to the $5 clown fee, lots of them drop off and don't care.

It's a respect thing. UFC have none of it.
Is that how you think they decide it? By how much they respect a fighter?

Edit: Or are you holding them accountable to a standard they aren’t trying to meet?

Because you touch yourself at night ts.

Is that how you think they decide it? By how much they respect a fighter?
Why would they have considerably worse fighters above the better ones? I'm not sure I understand your argument.

They seem to assume the Main (and Co-main) is enough nowadays to sell the PPV, similar to the boxing model & then use named fighters to help get viewers on the Prelims shows. Although it's insulting to the known fighters stuck on the prelims it does make sense from a business point of view.

I know with their fragmented distribution model they tend to break up the event into multiple mini-cards each with their own main event.
Anyone know what the distribution is on this event? How do you watch the prelims? and the per-prelims? And the pre-prelim-pregame pre-show?

Why would they have considerably worse fighters above the better ones? I'm not sure I understand your argument.
I’m not sure they are deciding by how you’re judging. I think they use spots for promotion. Whether it be drawing power or perceived future earning potential. You are thinking it has to do with just purely talent or respect. I think they use it as a tool to increase company value.

f649fc68-b181-4dd1-9484-1b831993ad78_text.gif

Never question the UFCs matchmakers

I know with their fragmented distribution model they tend to break up the event into multiple mini-cards each with their own main event.
Anyone know what the distribution is on this event? How do you watch the prelims? and the per-prelims? And the pre-prelim-pregame pre-show?
That is fair enough. Tim means is headlining the prelim "main event". Even still there is no need for Dodson and Miller to not be on the main card. Brok fucking Weaver

I’m not sure they are deciding by how you’re judging. I think they use spots for promotion. Whether it be drawing power or perceived future earning potential. You are thinking it has to do with just purely talent or respect. I think they use it as a tool to increase company value.
They think it is a good thing to have regional level fighters on a UFC main card over highly skilled guys who can scrap? Fair enough. I suppose that's why I don't put a suit on everyday.

Back