Why are so many people scared of heights?

Ground Karma dont mean shit to me - Patrice O Neal

Everyone at work is. I don't get it. What exactly are you afraid of if you are on something sturdy? That what you're standing on is going to disappear? I understand being scared of spiders or snakes because they could come after you and bite you but why heights? One guy I work withstarts shaking if he has to get on a 4 foot ladder. Wtf?
because most falls higher than 30 ft are usually lethal

Natural Selection over thousands of years has taught me to have a healthy respect for high places.

Going fast on the other hand...

I dont know why but i do get very uncomfortable with heights...
But i like to and believe its important to face your fears.

When i had to do this i wasnt amused ... :D
portico.JPG

Its 5 + 3 m ...

For example , whenever i look at stuff like this , my hands begin to get all sweaty ...
inside_standing_on_crane.jpg

I am very scared of heights.

For example I went to 6 flags this year and they have a ride that you sit in and it lifts you 500 feet in the air then drops you.

i wont go on those rides that drop you not bc im scared, but i have a weak bladder lmaooo. i feel like the drop would be too much motion n then weedles would rush out and . . . idk, i figure its just gotta be science okay lol (i even weedle out on trampolines lmao too much motion there makes me need to pee o: oh goodness)

also i dont think peoples common fear of spiders makes sense given that typically the spider that people run into is harmless. i mean yeah is some bad ones, but people freak out over them all, even the poor lil ones just tryna live their lives. its really bizarre tbh.

and even still, i feel like people are more scared of spiders than they are animals that could harm you way more. you even go see them in zoos to gush n take pics. just admit it, yall dont like them cus they ugly and u bitches /:< asses

Don't hate 'em, don't like 'em.

I kinda like heights. Theres this huge parking structure in Ann Arbor I used to like to sit on the ledge of and read back when I used to hang out there alot. I wasnt dangling though the wall was a good 3 feet thick . I kinda like the view..... I dont like rides though like the pirate ship I am afraid they are gonna malfunction and Im gonna get sent into orbit and splat 2 counties over.

I am so afraid of heights, I decided to be a manlet and not grow an inch over 5'7.

Natural Selection over thousands of years has taught me to have a healthy respect for high places.

Going fast on the other hand...
I agree I have no fear of speed.

It was the same where I worked. There were cameras on poles and the manlift had to go to it's maximum 65 foot height to reach them and I was the only one who would service them.

I hate them too. I get uneasy watching some of these people washing windows or doing construction on skyscrapers. I hate watching videos of these daredevils who climb up towers and stand on the ledge taking pictures and shit.

People are not scared of heights, but they are scared that they would jump.
Heard that in a movie.

Back