Why are people excited for Fedor?

I think Fedor is the GOAT. So was Muhammed Ali when he came back after retirement.

I don't want what happened to Ali to happen to Fedor. I wish he'd stay retired, his style was based on reflexes, and like most people (see Gretzky, Roy Jones Jr, Samprass etc, etc) those reflexes go in your early 30's. He's going to get hurt.

Because he is one of the greatest fighters ever.

Or maybe he WAS one of the greatest fighters ever.

I don't care....
If the UFC signed Sakuraba, I'd pay to watch him too.
Same goes for Chuck, Rampage, Gomi, Cro Cop, Sperry, Busta, Hendo, Frank, Horn, and the rest of the guys who fought and built the sport and fought before 10-9 rounds existed.
Give me any of those guys over the 'gotcha' TD contest, cage hugging, touch'n'go "significant" strikes, round "stealing", and any other Unified Rule BS.

Fedors fanboys are the worst. I said once that he didn't look too good against Rogers or arlovski. He was getting beat up until he landed that one shot and I said that his luck would run out eventually. I got ton of shit for saying it. Well guess what? His luck did run out and he got humiliated. He still has a punchers chance in the UFC like so many others in the HW division. The division is crap and always has been.

He got knocked out by Dan fuckin Henderson.

He's a small HW with a glass chin these days.

He gets smashed by any top ten HW.

I'm a fan but real recognizes real.

early bs stoppage v Hendo

top 10 heavyweights are nothing special

Fedors fanboys are the worst. I said once that he didn't look too good against Rogers or arlovski. He was getting beat up until he landed that one shot and I said that his luck would run out eventually. I got ton of shit for saying it. Well guess what? His luck did run out and he got humiliated. He still has a punchers chance in the UFC like so many others in the HW division. The division is crap and always has been.

I thought he looked good against Arlovski.

But the Rogers thing, yeah, I was on pins and needles watching. He still had his streak then. But he did not look so good until he got that SUPER MAN punch.

My friend at the time said "Man, Rogers is FOR REAL"

....no he wasn't.

I really believe Fedor was getting weary and needed the break he had and will come back with a vengence!

so anyone that goes down from a hendo punch is glass chin?

does robbie lawler have a glass chin for getting dropped by nick diaz?

I don't get it.

I'm a Fedor fan but I have no desire to see him get smashed in the UFC.

I'm impressed with what he accomplished as an undersized HW but he should stay retired.

Even if he does get smashed it is fine and understandable. He will have been away from the sport for 3-4 years, he will be 39 by the time he fights, and he is undersized.

Anytime you get to see a legend compete who isn't completely shot though it is special.

Whether Fedor comes back and wins or loses, he is still the best HW of all time. His legacy is already cemented. If he loses late in hi career after coming back from retirement it shouldn't matter. Just enjoy the fights

Bellator a better fit for him at this stage of his career. Fedor v. the Big Pygmy is a evenly matched fight I could get behind. Fun to watch "legends" fight but I'd rather not see him get hurt vs. the UFC top 10 guys.

So, Dan Henderson is one of the greatest MMA fighters of all time, Dan was also getting his ass kicked before he miraculously came back and won the fight.

You're not real you're delusional.

People are excited for Fedor cause robots don't have emotions and animals and don't watch MMA.

If they did, they would be excited too.

The UFC heavyweight division is comprised of mostly veteran fighters. I don't expect Fedor to dominate, but he should fit into mix.

He won't get smashed.

If you refuse to see the best compete why are you watching mma ?

Fedor was absolutely the best in a different generation of a different variation of MMA. He is not the same physically an does not have nearly that much hunger and motivation.

Historically top fighters who made a comeback are never the same. Also I cannot imagine Fedor being happy with the way Dana treats fighters.

What? What?.... what?
Dan Henderson, one of the hardest punching people in MMA (at the time), TKO'd him so he has a glass chin? Never mind that he didn't actually go out, he just got rocked and then it was stopped fairly quickly, never mind that Bigfoot was on top of him and Donkey-Kong punching him for two rounds right before that fight and he didn't lose consciousness.

Please tell me there is more to your assertion that he has a glass chin than getting TKO'd by Henderson?

Fedor was absolutely the best in a different generation of a different variation of MMA. He is not the same physically an does not have nearly that much hunger and motivation.

Historically top fighters who made a comeback are never the same. Also I cannot imagine Fedor being happy with the way Dana treats fighters.

Most of the top fighters at HW are still from that generation. He's looked better recently physically and he's training with better people so I think this is all just your opinion and it seems wrong based on what Fedor's been doing lately.

I agree with this part.

sherdog is suddenly full of fedor fans that don't understand what's so great about him.

You sure don't sound like one. You should give him a chance man.
I mean look at how Arlovski have looked like lately.

Back