Why are people excited for Fedor?

So, Dan Henderson is one of the greatest MMA fighters of all time, Dan was also getting his ass kicked before he miraculously came back and won the fight.

You're not real you're delusional.

Sorry, but Dan was not "getting his ass kicked before he miraculously came back and won the fight". He was winning the first round, and got clipped, and was only in trouble for about 6 seconds before he hit the switch and KOd Fedor.

He got knocked out by Dan fuckin Henderson.

He's a small HW with a glass chin these days.

He gets smashed by any top ten HW.

I'm a fan but real recognizes real.
Glass chin? Cause Dan Henderson has pillow hands?

Smashed by Arlovski or maybe Hunt ok sure.
And Arlovski HW contender lost and almost ktfo by welterweight in A. Johnson see what I did here.

Most of the top fighters at HW are still from that generation. He's looked better recently physically and he's training with better people so I think this is all just your opinion and it seems wrong based on what Fedor's been doing lately.

I agree with this part.

What I mean is Fedor already has wins over AA, Nog, Hunt, CroCop, etc. Unless he beats Werdum or Cain, UFC does nothing for his legacy. And it would be a very tall order to do so.

Cuz its not RR/Conor.

I cant wait for Fedor to return to MMA and turn fair weather fans into loyal ones. The Last Emperor is going to make waves in the current HW landscape and once again prove why so many of us still regard him as the HW GOAT.

I'm looking forward to his UFC debut, but I'm not hyped about it. Odds are, it will be an anticlimactic disappointment.

If he does sign with the UFC, hopefully they'll give him somewhat of a "gimme" for his first trip to the octagon. The only problem is that the UFC doesn't have too many of those types of fighters. Schaub would be a perfect fight to get him rolling again! They could just match him up with Big Nog again too. That one would probably sell just for nostalgic purposes.

Because he is the consensus P4P Greatest of all time currently.

Because he is one of the greatest fighters ever.

Or maybe he WAS one of the greatest fighters ever.

I don't care....
If the UFC signed Sakuraba, I'd pay to watch him too.
Same goes for Chuck, Rampage, Gomi, Cro Cop, Sperry, Busta, Hendo, Frank, Horn, and the rest of the guys who fought and built the sport and fought before 10-9 rounds existed.
Give me any of those guys over the 'gotcha' TD contest, cage hugging, touch'n'go "significant" strikes, round "stealing", and any other Unified Rule BS.

I couldn't agree with you more. I feel exactly the same way.

I don't get it.

I'm a Fedor fan but I have no desire to see him get smashed in the UFC.

I'm impressed with what he accomplished as an undersized HW but he should stay retired.

If you're a true Fedor fan then that's interesting to me. He is coming off of 2 wins over cans. Don't you want to see him with one last run against UFC competition? He looks to be in tip top shape as of now.

Sorry, but Dan was not "getting his ass kicked before he miraculously came back and won the fight". He was winning the first round, and got clipped, and was only in trouble for about 6 seconds before he hit the switch and KOd Fedor.

What are you talking about? Fedor was beating the crap out of Hendo then lost control of him and Hendo landed the under the armpit uppercut. He was getting beaten up badly before he landed that punch.

Knocked out once in 40 fights = Glass chin.

Oh, Sherdog.

to be fair saying "he was only in trouble for about 6 seconds" is kinda laughable

lol eat a dick son..

glass chin GTFO lol.. Did you watch the bigfoot fight? You are telling me he has a glass chin after all the wars he has been through and getting TKO'd by Hendo power is about one of the worst bombs that can land. You are no fan you are a TROLL

Because he is one of the greatest fighters ever.

Or maybe he WAS one of the greatest fighters ever.

I don't care....
If the UFC signed Sakuraba, I'd pay to watch him too.
Same goes for Chuck, Rampage, Gomi, Cro Cop, Sperry, Busta, Hendo, Frank, Horn, and the rest of the guys who fought and built the sport and fought before 10-9 rounds existed.
Give me any of those guys over the 'gotcha' TD contest, cage hugging, touch'n'go "significant" strikes, round "stealing", and any other Unified Rule BS.

yessssss

personally i don't see him making a run at this stage of his career, but to think fans won't be interested in seeing him try is a little silly. of course people are going to be excited.

What are you talking about? Fedor was beating the crap out of Hendo then lost control of him and Hendo landed the under the armpit uppercut. He was getting beaten up badly before he landed that punch.

Really, because I JUST watched the fight again, twice. Dan was winning the standup. Then Dan pinned him against the cage and was kneeing Fedor's legs, all the while holding double-unders so Fedor was off balance and there was a threat of the TD. Once the separated Fedor got Dan with a good shot and Dan went down. Dan was down for 6 seconds, but in that time he sat into Fedor to avoid further damage. At that point he escaped, had Fedor's back (no hooks, just a quick ride) and landed the punch that put Fedor away.

What you call "getting beaten up badly" lasted all of 6 seconds. Dan is much more durable than you think.

to be fair saying "he was only in trouble for about 6 seconds" is kinda laughable

It is only laughable if you don't train or fight. When you train, you put yourself in bad situations so you learn to survive. It isn't like this is the first time Dan had to survive a quick flurry.

Really, because I JUST watched the fight again, twice. Dan was winning the standup. Then Dan pinned him against the cage and was kneeing Fedor's legs, all the while holding double-unders so Fedor was off balance and there was a threat of the TD. Once the separated Fedor got Dan with a good shot and Dan went down. Dan was down for 6 seconds, but in that time he sat into Fedor to avoid further damage. At that point he escaped, had Fedor's back (no hooks, just a quick ride) and landed the punch that put Fedor away.

What you call "getting beaten up badly" lasted all of 6 seconds. Dan is much more durable than you think.

you forgot the follow up punches straight to the back of the head :D)

People aren't.

Vocal minority doesn't mean anything. Anybody can talk the talk, but put him as the headline of a crappy PPV card in Brazil and see how many they sell. My bet is not a lot.

I bet Fedor would alone bring lots of old school fans that have since moved on from the sport.

Not to mention that hes a GREAT fighter and has a real chance to make waves in the division.

Whats there to NOT be excited about?

Back