Why are MMA fans ignoring a manner of a win, when looking at fighter records?

I have no idea. Look at how Anderson beat Forrest. It is not the same as Titos win over Forrest. Manner of win is one of the most important criteria when discussing who is the best imo.

Forrest was just one fight removed from losing the belt to shad face a fight he was controlling. That was impressive.

Submitting Ogawa is allways overlooked.

This is my favorite Bas Rutten commentary moment of all time btw.

The way he gushes over Fedor's technique in realtime is both awesome & hilarious.

You might be a bi American man, but you are not intelligent enough to read my stuff and obviously even less suited for having a discussion with me.

I can talk with anybody who has any argument. You lack any arguments at all.

You thinkin that me bringing focus to underrated wins (because MMA fans in general only look at names) is your problem. I find this topic interresting. If you don't, feel free to get the f*ck out of my thread and leave it to people who might be interrested in it, instead of polluting it with your negativity.

It's not my fault you have a bad day.

Lmao

Stop putting stake in what fans think. 90% of MMA fans are legit morons. It's like you are trying to win over the dumbest group of people out there.

Stick w/ the small minority of intelligent fans.

There you are:)

One rational MMA fan:)

Welcome:)

This thread is meant for intelligent fans, but as always, the first ones to enter are negative Nancies:)

Hahah:) Good point. But sense needs to be written down, because MMA deserves some sense, for historical purposes and to give new fans a chance to read something smart instead of only the things that are being forced down their throats by marketing.

I actually like the idea of this thread, as there are a great many wins that fighters don't get credit for, but that were more impressive than the general narrative would imply.

Putting Zulu on your list kinda messes with its credibility, though, and makes your well-established agenda somewhat obvious.

Does it?

Fedor invented a finish move on him, called Zuluing.

Zulu was huge, a real fighter, with an alleged undefeated all KOs Vale Tudo record.

Fedor ate him up.

I find this impressive.

Minowa, whom I respect greatly, lost to Zulu BTW.

But Fedor ate him up.

I'm not counting Zulu among Fedors big wins. I'm just impressed by the manner in which he beat him.

How is this not true?

You people are so negative.

Also, Matt Hughes beating Frank Trigg by RNC isn't all that impressive...

But Matt Hughes getting knee'd in the balls, and then as he turns away to get a break, gets popped, he tries running away, Trigg knocks him down gets on top starts some viscous GnP, Joe Rogan calls" He's out!!". Trigg pounds him some more, takes Hughes' back, sinks in a RNC....

Matty fukn Hughes then turns to his guard, picks Trigg up over his shoulder, runs him all the way across the cage, slams him, takes Trigg's back and chokes him the fuk out!

What a fukn man! (no homo)

Why are MMA fans ignoring what actually happened in fights, and instead just looking at the final result?

This is OK for low level discussions.

But this shouldn't be enough for indepth MMA discussions that include discussions about legacies.

This is my favorite Bas Rutten commentary moment of all time btw.

The way he gushes over Fedor's technique in realtime is both awesome & hilarious.

I miss Pride Bas:)

I still like the sh*t out him:D This doesn't sound right....:) But you know what I mean:)

Matt Hughes standing up while caught in a Carlos Newton triangle choke, falls unconscious and as he falls he headbutts Newton knocking him unconcious for the victory when he comes back to. Funny watching Hughes coming to and working out that he somehow won.

hahahah:D

So this is the only win by unconsciousness in MMA history?:D

Definitely impressive lol:D

I have no idea. Look at how Anderson beat Forrest. It is not the same as Titos win over Forrest. Manner of win is one of the most important criteria when discussing who is the best imo.

This.

A lot of people discredited Conor McGregor when he got he title shot against Aldo. With comments like "ZOMG, he only beat Siver and Poirer", "He's only won 5 fights in the UFC!!" ...

Yet, they never commented on the manner of those victories. I.e. completely blowing them away in the first/second round and taking minimal damage.

The way Randy Couture beat Chuck Liddell in their first fight, he stood with him for the majority of the match.

Don't forget Gonzaga cro cop.

But Matt Hughes getting knee'd in the balls, and then as he turns away to get a break, gets popped, he tries running away, Trigg knocks him down gets on top starts some viscous GnP, Joe Rogan calls" He's out!!". Trigg pounds him some more, takes Hughes' back, sinks in a RNC....

Matty fukn Hughes then turns to his guard, picks Trigg up over his shoulder, runs him all the way across the cage, slams him, takes Trigg's back and chokes him the fuk out!

Impressive as f*ck, if you ask me:)

OH BTW, I don't like it how Hughes isn't mentioned anymore as a WW GOAT candidate.

I don't think GSP is really that far ahead.

I mean Hughes was 41-4 at his best.

hahahah:D

So this is the only win by unconsciousness in MMA history?:D

Definitely impressive lol:D

There was that Gray Maynard vs Rob Emerson match where they both went to sleep, I think it was NC though.

Nah, Yushin Okami also defeated Anderson Silva by unconsciousness.

haha:)

This one is a bit debatable:)

Anderson did cheat, but the rules are unfair, but they are still rules and rules are rules, so Anderson lost by cheating, not by Okami winning by unconsciousness.

Hmmm, but it could be too, because it probably wouldn't have been a DQ loss, if Okami took the kick better:)

I accept your example:)

This.

A lot of people discredited Conor McGregor when he got he title shot against Aldo. With comments like "ZOMG, he only beat Siver and Poirer", "He's only won 5 fights in the UFC!!" ...

Yet, they never commented on the manner of those victories. I.e. completely blowing them away in the first/second round and taking minimal damage.

See? Contex should matter.

The way Randy Couture beat Chuck Liddell in their first fight, he stood with him for the majority of the match.

Don't forget Gonzaga cro cop.

I know, but these are already huge wins.

I'm trying to focus on those wins that usually don't get the credit, I think they deserve.

This is one of my favorite fights and events of all time, the crowd is ballistic when this goes down, this was the golden age of mma.

Back