Why are MMA fans ignoring a manner of a win, when looking at fighter records?

kikikhan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Examples of underrated wins (no JDS vs Hunt, Randleman vs CC etc. because these are not underrated), which are impressive when you think about the manner in which the fight was won:

Fedor easily dropped Hasdell (do I need to write down his striking credentials? No) with punches before submitting him.

Fedor outclassed top 15 HW Goodridge (huge KO power, former Canadian SHW boxing champ and K-1 competitor) on the feet.

Fedor submitted Ogawa (a superior judoka).

Fedor outclassed Zulu (a supposed KO artist with an alleged 38-0 all KO's record, who's only real chance vs Fedor was on the feet) on the feet and TKOed him in seconds.

Fedor reversed the takedown (of olympic silver medalist in greco-roman wrestling) and submitted Lindland (who subbed a few high level BJJ black belts).

For people who discredit Fedor's win over then top 10 HW and UNDEFEATED Rogers: Fedor KOed him on the feet (Brett's territory). Overeem and Barnett beat him on the ground. Less impressive if you ask me.

Fedor outclassed Rizzo and beat him on the feet. Rizzo's territory. The only place I expected Rizzo to have a chance to win.

Mir SUBMITTED Traven !!!!- IMO a great win.

Mir SUBMITTED ZOMBIE NOG, BUT STILL SUBMITTED HIM !!!- Which makes this win good in my book.

Anderson SUBMITTED top 10 MW, Lutter (Goldie: "The MJ of BJJ")

Ywel TKOing Schilt on the feet FFS.

Ogawa dropped the nr. 1 kickboxer on the planet with punches, before submitting him.

What are some other examples of wins that impress you, because of the manner they were won in.

Jon Jones out wrestling DC comes to mind..

I have no idea. Look at how Anderson beat Forrest. It is not the same as Titos win over Forrest. Manner of win is one of the most important criteria when discussing who is the best imo.

1. pick an opinion or perspective you disagree with
2. attach this one opinion or perspective as somehow representing "MMA fans"
3. make a thread about it
4. ?????
5. profit

4. ?????
5. profit

WTF?

You shouldn't be in this thread, if you don't get it...

4. ?????
5. profit

Still trying to figure out how this dude was allowed to get off dubbs.

One of the shittiest posters I've seen on here, ever. Thread after thread after thread of complete shit...

People don't ignore the way Fedor won his fights. They call him the greatest of all time.

This thread is hilarious

Oh Btw he grabbed the ropes against Lindland and lol @ zulu being considered legit competition in any field of sport

I have no idea. Look at how Anderson beat Forrest. It is not the same as Titos win over Forrest. Manner of win is one of the most important criteria when discussing who is the best imo.

Well. Forrest stood with Anderson, which was not smart.

It was a total destruction though.

I'm talking about underrated wins here.

Like Anderson eating Irving and Bonnar up like candy. They are not too impressive when you look at names, but when you look at how he destroyed them, it's impressive IMO.

I think we don't talk enough about the manners of wins.

One of the shittiest posters I've seen on here, ever. Thread after thread after thread of complete shit...

You have a serious mental problem.

Stop reading my stuff. You are not welcome in my threads.

4. ?????
5. profit

Hhaahhahhahahahahahaha shiiiiiiiiiit I saw that episode of Southpark yesterday... No fucking way hahahahhaha. The universe is weird man :D

People don't ignore the way Fedor won his fights. They call him the greatest of all time.

This thread is hilarious

Oh Btw he grabbed the ropes against Lindland and lol @ zulu being considered legit competition in any field of sport

They do ignore these things.

Submitting Ogawa is allways overlooked.

He Zulued a giant fighter. How is that not impressive?

Seriously, he should have been banned long ago

You might be a bi American man, but you are not intelligent enough to read my stuff and obviously even less suited for having a discussion with me.

I can talk with anybody who has any argument. You lack any arguments at all.

You thinkin that me bringing focus to underrated wins (because MMA fans in general only look at names) is your problem. I find this topic interresting. If you don't, feel free to get the f*ck out of my thread and leave it to people who might be interrested in it, instead of polluting it with your negativity.

It's not my fault you have a bad day.

I actually like the idea of this thread, as there are a great many wins that fighters don't get credit for, but that were more impressive than the general narrative would imply.

Putting Zulu on your list kinda messes with its credibility, though, and makes your well-established agenda somewhat obvious.

Stop putting stake in what fans think. 90% of MMA fans are legit morons. It's like you are trying to win over the dumbest group of people out there.

Stick w/ the small minority of intelligent fans.

Why are MMA fans ignoring what actually happened in fights, and instead just looking at the final result?

Matt Hughes standing up while caught in a Carlos Newton triangle choke, falls unconscious and as he falls he headbutts Newton knocking him unconcious for the victory when he comes back to. Funny watching Hughes coming to and working out that he somehow won.

Back