Why are MMA fans ignoring a manner of a win, when looking at fighter records?

This is one of my favorite fights and events of all time, the crowd is ballistic when this goes down, this was the golden age of mma.

Truly was.

Oldschool+ Pride + Contemporary UFC.

"Winning is all that matters!" - Cassandra, soul calibur 2

:cool:j
I know, but these are already huge wins.

I'm trying to focus on those wins that usually don't get the credit, I think they deserve.

Well I hate to break it to you but none of Fedors wins you mentioned in the original post flew under the radar, they were all considered "huge wins". It would be hard to deny that the couture liddell 1 fight isn't in the same category of Fedors wins, and even more deserving of credit. At the time Randy was a massive underdog, listen to the commentary and see how much doubt there was on him winning.

To argue your point even further, I think the common concensus is that Fedor/Zulu deserves no credit, and is often a main source of fodder for those who claim him to be a can crusher, same with Rogers, but I understand the point you're trying to make. He knocked out "ko artists".

However the status of the guys he beat, whether it be people who didn't have quality wins on their records (rogers, zulu) or people who were on the decline (lindland) could detract from how "huge" these wins really were, and how much credit is due for the wins and the manner in which they were achieved.

:cool:j

Well I hate to break it to you but none of Fedors wins you mentioned in the original post flew under the radar, they were all considered "huge wins". It would be hard to deny that the couture liddell 1 fight isn't in the same category of Fedors wins, and even more deserving of credit. At the time Randy was a massive underdog, listen to the commentary and see how much doubt there was on him winning.

To argue your point even further, I think the common concensus is that Fedor/Zulu deserves no credit, and is often a main source of fodder for those who claim him to be a can crusher, same with Rogers, but I understand the point you're trying to make. He knocked out "ko artists".

However the status of the guys he beat, whether it be people who didn't have quality wins on their records (rogers, zulu) or people who were on the decline (lindland) could detract from how "huge" these wins really were, and how much credit is due for the wins and the manner in which they were achieved.

I consider Couture's win over Lidell, huge.

I consider these wins of Fedor as impressive, but not huge (haters consider them cancrushing). Except the win over Rogers, which was a win over a top 10 HW, so it is a big win:)

Lindland was on fire when he fought Fedor. He lost (controversial decision, could have been a win too) just before that and was very impressive at the time.

As for other things. Some fighters get devastaded by a loss, so what happens after the fight isn't really important anymore. Some fighters get better after a loss. You need to understand this too.

Fedor obviously sent a few fighters into a bad period (Hunt, Sylvia, Arlovski, Rogers...). And I understand it. Some fighters with huge dreams can get crushed when they lose (or even get destroyed by) to the Nr. 1 guy, the guy who is the ticket to that dream.

People don't ignore the way Fedor won his fights. They call him the greatest of all time.

This thread is hilarious

Oh Btw he grabbed the ropes against Lindland and lol @ zulu being considered legit competition in any field of sport

Check yourself.

Fat-guy-eating-giant-hamburger.jpg

Lindland was on fire when he fought Fedor. He lost (controversial decision, could have been a win too) just before that and was very impressive at the time.

He was on a 2 fight win streak against Horn, and Newton, a lhw, and a ww, Lindland was never a hw either, talk about context....

He was on a 2 fight win streak against Horn, and Newton, a lhw, and a ww, Lindland was never a hw either, talk about context....

He was 9-1 in the last 10, with the loss being to Rampage and even that loss could have easily been a win. It was a draw IMO.

Lindland was basically the same size as Fedor. He was the same height and only 7 kilos lighter and also had less fat on him than Fedor. It was a superfight between a top HW and a top MW. Call it a huge P4P fight, if you like.

8201.jpg

Now this is proper context.

i liked when hendo knocked fedor out cold with one scramble uppercut.

Listen I like Fedor, I'm just playing devils advocate, I'm having fun, this is a good factual debate.
I'm sure that 7 kilos was a disadvantage to Lindland, who was all about grappling, and didn't really ever fight at hw.

Listen I like Fedor, I'm just playing devils advocate, I'm having fun, this is a good factual debate.
I'm sure that 7 kilos was a disadvantage to Lindland, who was all about grappling, and didn't really ever fight at hw.

LOL, 7 kilos is nothing:) They were both HWs in that fightand Fedor was fatter. Lindland has always been a HW, only that he dieted and cut weight to fight at MW and LHW. Like all MWs and LHWs today are. Fedor is not much bigger than GSP when you shed away the fat:)

Oh. I found another underrated impressive win.

Hunt KOed Nishijima, who:
Debuting as a professional boxer on March 26, 1992 Nishijima complied a 24-2-1 record, and over the course of his career, won the WBO NABO cruiserweight title, the OPBF cruiserweight title and the World Boxing Federation Cruiserweight title

Back