Why are Mighty Mouse and John Dodson headling UFC on Fox 6?

125 has to go, im sorry but if you are that small, gain some muscle and compete at 135.
mma_curz_johnsond_576.jpg

08_dodson_vs_dillashaw_009_crop_650x440.jpg

the only thing that makes sense:

(someone else thought of this) fox and the ufc agreed to show a minimum amount of title fights on the network, so instead of having guys like anderson, st pierre, or jones on there, they're putting their smaller ppv draws (no pun intended).

Acting like knocking out 125lb men is somehow an accomplishment worthy of praise is a bit beyond me I guess. If Rampage faced those same opponents it would have been a complete ass whoopin. The little men getting uppercut over the cage and such.

That is why I don't get why people compare knocking out 125lb men vs 205lb men.
Why am I not surprised you have a Dec 2012 join date? Rampage has been phoning it in for years and if that fight is exciting it will be because Glover is whooping his whiny ass. Find another big black guy to fear because Page is done.

Last edited:
Rampage would have beat up all their opponents in much better fashion. So I don't get the point.

Im not going to argue with you, not because you're right, because there is no use. You just proved how stupid you are. Rampage wouldve beaten their opponents . . . noooo really? He only weighs 80lbs. more than them you dumbass. On another note you can hate on the smaller guys all you want but no one cares what you think (i weigh 190lbs by the way just so you dont think im some little guy bitching about your stupid posts. I also absolutely prefer the higher weight classes although ww and lw are by far the best)

You are obviously biased. I love a good fight no matter how much the competitiors weigh. Obviously you just have a thing for bigger men.

Oh and also rampage isnt relevant anymore. Instead of talking about a lhw "whooping" flyweights asses, how about we talk about what rampage is gonna do in his own division

Why are people so fixated on the guys who fight last? It's not like Rampage v Teixeira was cancelled so Johnson and Dodson could go 8 rounds. Johnson is the champ and he deserves to be headlining. That being said, you're still going to see Rampages's fat face all over all the commercials for this event even though anyone who follows the sport has to realize he's been coasting on his name for years. The casuals will recognize his name, and hopefully tune in to an exciting night of fights. Hopefully they'll catch Pettis v Cerrone first so they can see a potential FOTY and then stick around for a World Championship fight.

I get the point of this thread, but since it seems to have evolved into something else, I'm gonna go with it... I am a physically large human being compared to most other humans, and I love the smaller weight classes. Lots of people hate Dodson, but I like the hell out of him, am a fan of Unc Creepy, respect Mighty Mouse, and am really looking forward to this fight.

Why am I not surprised you have a Dec 2012 join date? Rampage has been phoning it in for years and if that fight is exciting it will be because Glover is whooping his whiny ass. Find another big black guy to fear because Page is done.

You always know exactly what to say Ravden lol

Question for you (idc if anyone else responds but i only value your response and the Idontbelieveit guy) this is because most of the posts were just stupid and unintelligent.

But i creeped on this website for a long time (years) at least since 2008. I also watched and followed MMA for years before that.

Now my question is: Why does it seem like posts just keep getting more stupid with time? Is it because MMA has been mainstreaming in a sense (its been becoming more popular)? Is it just the people on this website?

I think (like you said with the Dec. 2012 comment) many people are just jumping on the UFC bandwagon and are generally biased or uneducated about mma as a sport. I think its a bunch of dumbasses coming out and acting like they know everything because they just ordered theyre first ppv a couple months ago. But what do you thing? Hope you reply ive read a lot of your posts over the years and you are one of the few people on here that seems level-headed and cosistantly makes sense. Thanks

Because they want people to lose interest.

Why are people so fixated on the guys who fight last? It's not like Rampage v Teixeira was cancelled so Johnson and Dodson could go 8 rounds. Johnson is the champ and he deserves to be headlining. That being said, you're still going to see Rampages's fat face all over all the commercials for this event even though anyone who follows the sport has to realize he's been coasting on his name for years. The casuals will recognize his name, and hopefully tune in to an exciting night of fights. Hopefully they'll catch Pettis v Cerrone first so they can see a potential FOTY and then stick around for a World Championship fight.

Great post completely agree with everything you just said.

Rampage and Glover have paid their dues more. Glover finally got into UFC and now the flyweights are main eventing over him and Rampage?

Shouldn't Rampage vs Glover be 5 rounds? Isn't the flyweight title match headlining robbing us from that?

Anyway who is going to watch the show is going to give a crap about the flyweight title match more than Rampage Jackson. If anyone is going to draw in the viewers it is going to be Rampage, so why isn't he the main event if he is the one drawing in the viewers and he has paid his dues more?

You could also make a case for Pettis and Cerrone being above the flyweights, with them having paid just as much dues and Pettis being more recognizable to the public because of the Showtime Kick.

Why should either of these fights be below the Championship match for the "I Can't Beat Dominic Cruz" Division?

Er, seriously?

Demetrius Johnson is a reigning champion, and is one of the best fighters of 2012.

Dodson is an exciting and deserving challenger.

Rampage is shot to hell and boring as hell, Glover has only had a couple of fights and hasn't fought anyone decent in the UFC yet.

Two top 3/5 flyweights, or two barely top 15 lhw's?

I repeat: are you serious?

You always know exactly what to say Ravden lol

Question for you (idc if anyone else responds but i only value your response and the Idontbelieveit guy) this is because most of the posts were just stupid and unintelligent.

But i creeped on this website for a long time (years) at least since 2008. I also watched and followed MMA for years before that.

Now my question is: Why does it seem like posts just keep getting more stupid with time? Is it because MMA has been mainstreaming in a sense (its been becoming more popular)? Is it just the people on this website?

I think (like you said with the Dec. 2012 comment) many people are just jumping on the UFC bandwagon and are generally biased or uneducated about mma as a sport. I think its a bunch of dumbasses coming out and acting like they know everything because they just ordered theyre first ppv a couple months ago. But what do you thing? Hope you reply ive read a lot of your posts over the years and you are one of the few people on here that seems level-headed and cosistantly makes sense. Thanks

Or maybe the average person knows that watching small men fight is boring to them? Who are you to tell an average man who orders PPVs what they think is worth watching?

If the average american male is 200+lb why would they appreciate watching 125lb fighters? Most people want to be awed, not all, but most. Even if these men have the same amount of lean body mass its irrelevant to the ignorant masses. They think they are much bigger and they are.

Weight classes exist for a reason but when people here start comparing 125lbers knocking out other 125lbers to Rampage and his lack of finishes 80lbs heavier... lol. It's not because the flyweight division is completely undeveloped with lots of amateurs and Rampage fighting the best in the world irrelevant of weight classes. No, that's not it.

I don't even like Rampage but I'd certainly watch him fight Bader again and again and again over Mightymouse and Dodson. I'd watch Rousey dominate another woman with an armbar over a 125lb or 135lb title fight which have all been boring. And I'm not the only one, there is a reason the lighter weight classes get shittier ratings. They appeal to less people. It's simple.

Er, seriously?

Demetrius Johnson is a reigning champion, and is one of the best fighters of 2012.

Dodson is an exciting and deserving challenger.

Rampage is shot to hell and boring as hell, Glover has only had a couple of fights and hasn't fought anyone decent in the UFC yet.

Two top 3/5 flyweights, or two barely top 15 lhw's?

I repeat: are you serious?

Are you seriously not under 5'10 and 150lbs? Seriously? Just like Ravden the short guys like to watch short guys fight. If you're not short and you like them, it's probably because you know someone short and feel pity for them. It's simple.

Are you seriously not under 5'10 and 150lbs? Seriously? Just like Ravden the short guys like to watch short guys fight. If you're not short and you like them, it's probably because you know someone short and feel pity for them. It's simple.

After this i want to comment on what u said to me. But ur whole pity for short people thing, let me guess u weigh over 210 lbs and drive a big truck? If so do you feel pity for yourself being heavy? is that why ur prejudice against the smaller guys?

Oh and everything is simple when you dont know what youre talking about.

lol unfair? GSP is closer to 200lb in reality and completely ripped and strong. He is a badass by nearly anyones definition of the word.

A 5 foot 3, 150lb guy? No. I don't have a thing against people like Dodson or Mightymouse but come on. The bigger guys are usually bigger bad asses and attract more people because they are among the elite on planet Earth. Dodson or Mightymouse aren't, they have like 300+ fighters in the UFC who would beat them.

So according to you Bruce Lee wasn't badass because he wasn't 6 feet tall and 200 lbs?

Actually, I am the size of a MW, so according to the logic of someone who likely flunked out of high school, I should not enjoy anything below that weight because I can beat them up with my added weight and zero experience fighting high level MMA.

Back