Why are Mighty Mouse and John Dodson headling UFC on Fox 6?

It's because the UFC has now set a precedence that championship fights always headline.

Call Dana and ask him why title fights are always the main events. Why do Sherdoggers care so much what order they see the fights on in a given card. Machida won't last 3 round with Hendo, Glover and Page won't go past the third either so the 5 rounds thing is a silly argument. Is the bitching just because you are looking or a reason to complain?

its equally as credible as any other title...the fighters have shown and proven beyond a shadow of a doubt to have comparable skill sets...100% impossible to dispute...the only difference is popularity...this isnt about skills...this is a popularity contest...luckily, only a minority of morons care about a popularity contest and the rest of the real fans tune in to watch the fights...

The division is barely a few fights old the challengers nearly all came from losing at bw. If hunt moved to shw beat james thompson then the winner of mccorkle-kongo and got a belt for it I would say the same thing.

The division is barely a few fights old the challengers nearly all came from losing at bw. If hunt moved to shw beat james thompson then the winner of mccorkle-kongo and got a belt for it I would say the same thing.

But if you cut the divisions legs off now they'll never establish the division. If you promote the division as second rate then it'll never be anything more. With these lower divisions they always make sure to give those cards a really strong co-main event to help sell the show. When on the shows with LHW, HW, MW or WW title defenses tend to get a lot less help from what's their co-main events.

Rampage Jackson headlining anything would be a joke. He's not elite anymore.

When the other flyweight title had barely any ratings Dana went on a Rampage (get the pun?). I expect the same to happen.

People in general just don't like small men fighting MMA at this stage. Maybe it will change, maybe it will get worse, hard to tell. Womens MMA (or Rousey) is more popular than the 145lb and under male divisions in my opinion.

Because Glover will only need a few minutes to send rampage into retirement

Not alot of people seeming to get what i going on here...

You're a shame to all posters here.

Go watch boxing if you only care about headhunting lhw and hw's. These guys have been fighting their asses off for YEARS in lower promotions. Putting on GREAT shows.

Just Bleed, guy. If it isn't haymakers and bloodsport, you don't care. MMA doesn't need shallow fans such as yourself.

benavidez was basically the undisputed #2 BW before dropping down, MM was a top 5 guy in the division. it's not like they were BW rejects. formiga, mccall, urushitani were all established guys at FLW. the hunt analogy is idiotic, more applicable to the women's divisions. MM beat top fighters to attain his title.

Go watch boxing if you only care about headhunting lhw and hw's. These guys have been fighting their asses off for YEARS in lower promotions. Putting on GREAT shows.

Just Bleed, guy. If it isn't haymakers and bloodsport, you don't care. MMA doesn't need shallow fans such as yourself.

I can watch GSP point his way to victory but there is a difference. He actually is physically stronger than 99.999% of the population and it gives him some ... what do you call it. It's like an aura of being a badass.

Mightymouse and Dodson aren't badasses though. They are shorter than world average for men and weigh about 50lb less than the typical American even when you consider their weight cut.

It's also the physics of it, small guys can move faster and do weird things that are hard to see. They can throw each other around and bounce around in ways I don't find pleasing.

I can watch GSP point his way to victory but there is a difference. He actually is physically stronger than 99.999% of the population and it gives him some ... what do you call it. It's like an aura of being a badass.

Mightymouse and Dodson aren't badasses though. They are shorter than world average for men and weigh about 50lb less than the typical American even when you consider their weight cut.

It's also the physics of it, small guys can move faster and do weird things that are hard to see. They can throw each other around and bounce around in ways I don't find pleasing.

Thats not only uneducated, but unfair. A man doesn't have to be 170lbs to be a badass.

Rampage wouldnt even want a 5 round fight, you know he'll gas in the second anyway. Plus this will be good exposure for the little guys.

Just gonna throw some facts out there. MM and Dodson have 30 wins between them, Carmouche and Rousey have 13 . Dodson debuted in 2004, Demetrious debuted in 2007, while Ronda debuted in 2011 and Carmouche debuted in 2010. Dodson's coming off a win over the third best flyweight in the world, while Carmouche's coming off a win over a 7-7 fighter. I could go on, but I think I've made it clear that MM and JD have very much paid there dues and deserve a headliner.

Thats not only uneducated, but unfair. A man doesn't have to be 170lbs to be a badass.

lol unfair? GSP is closer to 200lb in reality and completely ripped and strong. He is a badass by nearly anyones definition of the word.

A 5 foot 3, 150lb guy? No. I don't have a thing against people like Dodson or Mightymouse but come on. The bigger guys are usually bigger bad asses and attract more people because they are among the elite on planet Earth. Dodson or Mightymouse aren't, they have like 300+ fighters in the UFC who would beat them.

Horrible example. Mark Hunt and James Thompson have never been ranked top 5 in their weightclass much less Top 3. Mighty Mouse and Joseph Benavidez were both top of the line ranked fighters at Bantamweight at some point a class that they regularly had a size disadvantage where their only loses came from Cruz. Very close losts in JoeB's case. And even Mighty Mouse threw Cruz off his usual game but did not listen to his corner to his own detriment. Even Ian McCall's last lost to Cruz before going to FLW but he wasnt dealing with a size fisadvantage like MM/JB.

Flyweight is a competitive skilled division that is still filling out when it comes to numbers.

Last edited:

Did you even read his post.

He was saying if they did it to a higher weight class he would say the same thing.

He does prove a point though...the division is young, fact.
The division's contenders are losers at a higher weight class. Fact.

You are essentially getting mad at him for saying
1: the bible is the best selling book in history.
2: Matt Serra was UFC welterweight champ
3: the sun rises in the east and sets in the west
4: a pound of dimes and a pound of quarters equal the same amount of money.

Just gonna throw some facts out there. MM and Dodson have 30 wins between them, Carmouche and Rousey have 13 . Dodson debuted in 2004, Demetrious debuted in 2007, while Ronda debuted in 2011 and Carmouche debuted in 2010. Dodson's coming off a win over the third best flyweight in the world, while Carmouche's coming off a win over a 7-7 fighter. I could go on, but I think I've made it clear that MM and JD have very much paid there dues and deserve a headliner.

The argument people have essentially been arguing is that because Hendo and Machida have seniority, they should headline over Rousey and Carmouche.

By that same argument, Rampage and Glover should headline over DJ and Dodson.

Back