Whose stock fell the most in 2014?

When I saw his physique for the Stann fight I knew he was back on the sauce. He was YOKED with no body fat in his late 30's. Him failing a random test before his next fight was not a surprise.

I don't think Wanderlei agreed to take a test.

Barao is the correct answer.

You can't really say Diaz. He's a yo-yo fighter. They should have stopped trading his stock on the exchange after the Thompson fight.

I think people forgot Josh Barnett and TJ Grant existed. Inactivity is a bitch a la Cain, but not even being in a discussion for a fight makes it seem like they are not even there anymore.

Definitely Barao. For the same reasons, TJ may have seen the biggest increase in stock this year, though there are certainly other candidates.

I'd say Wanderlei. Not only because he ran from a test and got the lifetime ban, but especially because the fans seems to have turned on him. He used to be one of the most popular guys, although I cringed everytime I saw someone refer to him as "respectful".

Barao wins with Hendricks close behind. Both lost a lot of fans. Strangely enough both of these guys have the easiest job to turn things around considering that both will still likely be in title matches.

Notible mentions

Nate Diaz
Glover
Sonnen
W Silva
Cain V

Wanderlei Silva. It was obvious that he was juiced to the gills during his Pride days, but it was never proven. Now that he's been outed as a cheat, it destroys a lot of his awesome legacy as a fighter.

Meh.

Not a big fan of Silva, but Pride was the Wild West when he was wrecking people there. Which is to say that dismissing Wandy's wins when he was in Pride because he was juiced is a bit like dismissing Jesse James's kills because he used a gun.

Barao is the only answer.

Wand has been on a decline so it wasn't that big of a deal.

Wanderlei Silva.

Wand used to be the most popular guy with the fans, now everybody seems to hate him.

Jake Ellenberger fell a lot, he was somewhere in the top 5-7 at the beginning of 2014 and now he's 1-2 more losses from being cut.

Back