Whose stock fell the most in 2014?

I was going to say Jones, but I forgot he fought Gus in 2013.

It's Renan Barao, easily. He got hyped a lot -- as the p4p best, by both the UFC and shertards. TJ completely declassed him into oblivion. He didn't look good vs Gagnon either. That was a beating of a lifetime.

Hendricks. went from beating GSP and being the guy almost everyone was siding with, kind of the uncrowned hero, to getting the absolute tar beat out of him twice by Lawler and having most his fans turn on him. Personally, I thought he won BOTH Lawler fights, but theres no denying he was broken by the end of the second fight.

Well he is getting another title shot so his stock can't be down that much.

Cain, in a lot of ways, is the correct answer. He's still the baddest man on the planet, and still my favourite current HW... but I no longer have any illusions that his legacy will be anything that puts him in the running for being the best fighter, or even the best HW, we've seen to date.

I think a lot of people feel that way.

Francis Carmont. Went from 6-fight winning streak (in the UFC) to 3-fight losing streak and being cut from the UFC in 6 months.

Yeah, even though he didn't have much fans his demise was pretty brutal. Barao is the obvious other answer who went from being champ to people not even sure he'd beat Gagnon.

Michael Chandler's stock has gone down a fair bit too.

Agreed with Barao answer. Not only did he lose his title, but also got his eight-year winning streak snapped. And he looked out of shape against Gagnon.

Wanderlei Silva. It was obvious that he was juiced to the gills during his Pride days, but it was never proven. Now that he's been outed as a cheat, it destroys a lot of his awesome legacy as a fighter.

I'll go Shogun. I think even his diehard fans (me) have given up on him now.

Fro LHW GOAT to trading wins and losses to get embarrassingly KO'ed twice in a row for the first time in his career in 2014.

Wanderlei Silva. It was obvious that he was juiced to the gills during his Pride days, but it was never proven. Now that he's been outed as a cheat, it destroys a lot of his awesome legacy as a fighter.

When I saw his physique for the Stann fight I knew he was back on the sauce. He was YOKED with no body fat in his late 30's. Him failing a random test before his next fight was not a surprise.

Barao, yeah. He would have been a heavy favourite against Cruz at the beginning of the year.

Glover, obviously. Overeem, again. Nate Diaz.

Back