Whose first loss is more legit--Fedor or Jones?

Pitier of Fools

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
For those that remember, much like Jones, Fedor was considered by most to be undefeated (until Werdum) even though he had a loss on his record.

Fedor lost due to a cut from an illegal technique.

Jones lost by disqualification for using an illegal technique.

Which of these two losses is more legit? Which of the two had a better claim of being undefeated?

Jones because as you said he used an illegal technique. Fedor's loss is like Anthony Johnsons loss by eye poke.

Neither are "real" losses but the most " legit " is Jones because he broke the rules

Does it really matter?

All I know is that Hammil didn't "beat" Jones in ANY sense of the word. Jones flat out MAULED him, and would have stopped him with or without the elbows. Basically anyone who's ever seen that fight knows it. It was a straight up one sided beatdown.

The Fedor loss ended in like 30 seconds didn't it? Basically before anyone could even get a feel for how the fight would go at all.

Neither loss is really meaningful.

Definitely Jones. Fedor's was just an unfortunate occurrence.

Jones threw illegal elbows at a deaf guy.

Fedor's loss was the more legit loss. Bones had that fight all but wrapped up.

For those that remember, much like Jones, Fedor was considered by most to be undefeated (until Werdum) even though he had a loss on his record.

Fedor lost due to a cut from an illegal technique.

Jones lost by disqualification for using an illegal technique.

Which of these two losses is more legit? Which of the two had a better claim of being undefeated?

a punch is illegal?

I would say Jones because the only reason it went in as a loss for Fedor was due to the tournament format whereas Jones broke the rules.(Albeit a stupid ass rule )

Fedor got cut from an illegal strike. Under any other circumstance besides a tournament it wouldn't have counted as a loss. JBJ lost due to his use of an illegal technique. JBJ broke the rules, so his loss is more legit.

a punch is illegal?

It was an elbow, which was illegal under the rules of the tournament. It would have been ruled NC, but since it was a tournament, someone had to move forward. Fedor couldn't continue, he got the loss.

Jones' is more legit.

Jones for deliberately using an illegal maneuver, although if we're being honest here Maz and Hammil are also to blame for that. Hammil couldn't continue due to his shoulder injury, which he could not clearly communicate to Maz - who should have stepped in MUCH sooner than he did about those 12-6 elbows.

It was an elbow, which was illegal under the rules of the tournament. It would have been ruled NC, but since it was a tournament, someone had to move forward. Fedor couldn't continue, he got the loss.

it was a punch which missed and hit fedor with the elbow on scar tissue. koshaka did not look to land an elbow.

No one ever suggested jones needed a rematch with hamill.

Neither were legitimately defeated.

if i remember the situation correctly, fedor's loss was due to having been cut by an accidental elbow. It was in a tournament format and he couldn't continue so they awarded the win to his opponent solely to have someone advance in the tournament.

Given that fedor's loss was just so that they wouldn't have to fix their tournament brackets, i'd say his loss is less legitimate.

I agree with the others who say that neither loss was very legit.

Fedor got cut from an illegal strike. Under any other circumstance besides a tournament it wouldn't have counted as a loss. JBJ lost due to his use of an illegal technique. JBJ broke the rules, so his loss is more legit.

Except in every org that allows elbows I guess...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back