Whose first loss is more legit--Fedor or Jones?

it was a punch which missed and hit fedor with the elbow on scar tissue. koshaka did not look to land an elbow.

I didn't say it was intentional. It was his elbow that struck Fedor, not his fist. If he accidentally headbutted him and opened the cut, it would still have been a NC (as proven by Fedor/Nog.)

If I thought it was intentional, I would have said DQ, not NC.

That's a tough one.

Jones dominated every second of his fight and I thought the elbows weren't as dirty as they claimed...

In Fedor's loss it was an accidental elbow that cut him, per the rules we needed to advance the tournament.

I would go with Jones, and I was planning on saying Fedor, but the reason I think Jones is more legitimate is because the referee discretion called it illegal, and the result was a disqualification loss based on existing rules; Fedor's seemed like a coin-flip... if there weren't any other fights that night it would be a no contest.

Fedor eventually lost. Jones is still undefeated.

A loss is a loss, but neither were defeated.

For those that remember, much like Jones, Fedor was considered by most to be undefeated (until Werdum) even though he had a loss on his record.

Fedor lost due to a cut from an illegal technique.

Jones lost by disqualification for using an illegal technique.

Which of these two losses is more legit? Which of the two had a better claim of being undefeated?

None of them should have lost.

Fedor - It was an illegal elbow that cut him so he could not continue. It should have been a NC or DQ. but because it was a tournament, a winner HAD to be declared, so Kohsaka won.

Jones - Hamil was already done, injured and unable to continue when Jones landed the illegal elbow. Illegal elbow that does not finish the fight should not be a DQ, it should be a warning.

Mazzagati should have stopped Jones Hammil like 1 minute earlier, also Hammil couldn't continue due to his shoulder being messed up from the slam, not from the illegal elbow. Also Mazzagati's dumbass verbally asked a deaf guy with blood in his eyes if he could continue, Hammil didn't answer because he didn't hear, and I'm sure he just layed there because he figured the fight was stopped. I'm going to go throw up not though because I don't want to defend Jon that much ever again.

None of them should have lost.

Fedor - It was an illegal elbow that cut him so he could not continue. It should have been a NC or DQ. but because it was a tournament, a winner HAD to be declared, so Kohsaka won.

Jones - Hamil was already done, injured and unable to continue when Jones landed the illegal elbow. Illegal elbow that does not finish the fight should not be a DQ, it should be a warning.

Just about summed the Fedor/TK fight accurately to all these nubs on the thread. TK used an illegal elbow, Fedor sustained a cut and TK unfairly moved on to the next round. They went on to rematch in Pride and Fedor unleashed complete fury on TK.

I disagree on the Bones fight though... Illegal elbow? As in singular? Umm no, Jon was warned multiple time during the GnP and proceeded to hit Hamill with multiple downward elbows to the eye socket. Bones would've won that fight anyway but the loss is still legit because he was warned and continued to use 12-6 elbows.

Frankley I think he just got overzealous with his GnP but his string of eye pokes dont help his cause

I guess fedors, illegal or not, a cut is a cut, sometimes there's just no fighting past them. Jones on the other hand wouldn't be punished were the fight in another state

it was a punch which missed and hit fedor with the elbow on scar tissue. koshaka did not look to land an elbow.

Accidental illegal techniques are still illegal techniques.

There's nothing illegitimate about either loss, though. Both fighters knew the rules when they went in. Jones chose to break the rules in a fight he was clearly winning. Fedor chose to take a fight with a pre-existing cut and fucked up rules about illegal strikes. They both gambled and they both lost.

Fedor's loss against Arona is legit 😁😜
I kid, I kid...........

The question might as well be: "Who do you like more, Bones or Fedor?"

Fedor didn't really even get an opportunity to fight Kohsaka in that fight because it was stopped so early. Mazzagatti should have stopped the Jones-Hamill fight earlier, and Jones basically employed the techniques to finish off Hamill because it wasn't being stopped. They're both unfortunate circumstances. Jones really really destroyed Hamill though, so I think people who bring up that fight as a loss probably don't like Jones.

Fedor didn't really even get an opportunity to fight Kohsaka in that fight because it was stopped so early. Mazzagatti should have stopped the Jones-Hamill fight earlier, and Jones basically employed the techniques to finish off Hamill because it wasn't being stopped. They're both unfortunate circumstances. Jones really really destroyed Hamill though, so I think people who bring up that fight as a loss probably don't like Jones.

That was one of a few fights where I really worried the person being beat down would be hurt severely. Mazzagatti should have been sanctioned for not stopping that one earlier, Hammil wasn't defending himself and was being killed (at least it looked that way).

Fedor was cut by an illegal elbow. It would have been a DQ win in a regular fight, but it was a tournament where someone had to move on.

Jones blatantly used an illegal move, like he is known to do. It was a legit loss by the rules even though technically he is undefeated.

Jones loss was almost Mazzagati's fault, Jones was beating him senseless with Hammil just holding his hands over his face, that fight should have been stopped and he was done either way

Fedor's loss would have been a loss in the UFC or most org's
[YT]ebqwRRoYjgE[/YT]

Neither is legit but Fedor's loss was closer to being a loss

Dude seriously I posted basically the same thing with a poll 7 minutes before you made this one lol

Back