Who's your prospects without tons of hype?

Liverkick-king56

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
We all have those fighters we see a ton of potential in to be a top contender or champ but nobody else really notices or just doesn't think much of your fighter.

Ones I had in the past were that were successful
Rda - After he beat Anthony Njoukani (Never thought he'd beat Pettis though)
Thiago Santos - after he beat Andy Enz
Cheisa - Everybody knew him as a durable guy who somehow found the RNC
Costas Phillipou - Never came close to a title but he was top 10 for a bit

Ones that weren't as good as I thought
James te Huna
Clint Hester
Dave Herman
John Makdessi
Rashid Magomedov

My current prospects
Shane Burgos
Mean Hakeem
Drew Dober
Erick Silva

So who do you think is not as hyped as they should be and is going to make waves in the future?

We all have those fighters we see a ton of potential in to be a top contender or champ but nobody else really notices or just doesn't think much of your fighter.

Ones I had in the past were that were successful
Rda - After he beat Anthony Njoukani (Never thought he'd beat Pettis though)
Thiago Santos - after he beat Andy Enz
Cheisa - Everybody knew him as a durable guy who somehow found the RNC
Costas Phillipou - Never came close to a title but he was top 10 for a bit

James te Huna
Clint Hester
Dave Herman
John Makdessi
Rashid Magomedov

My current prospects
Shane Burgos
Mean Hakeem
Drew Dober
Erick Silva

So who do you think is not as hyped as they should be and is going to make waves in the future?

Travis Fulton. Not had many fights yet, but with a few more could really go somewhere. Still green.

For me it'll always be Erick Silva

I had good feelings about Israel when he was first starting to transition, though I wasn't following MMA much at the time... but no one can accuse Israel of not being a hyped prospect lmao

My only real prospect I'm still watching these days is Ciryl Gane, but he too seems to be fairly well-received in the community.

Aleksandar Rakic has really impressed me so far, despite his recent loss to Oezdemir.
He's huge, explosive, has very good striking, especially crushing low kicks, a very good chin and seems very well-rounded.

+ Fun fact about Hakeem Dawodu: he's got one of the best significant strike differentials in the whole UFC, even with taking retired fighters into the equation.

I really liked Charles "Do Brox" Oliveira when he came out, still do. He got humbled, but is now is on a 6 fight, all finishes, win streak.

Right now.

Ciryl Gane (french HW in the UFC 6-0)
(but he get a little of hype by being Ngannou main trainning partner)

Back in the days.

John Hatthaway
Jordan Mein

Last edited:
+ Fun fact about Hakeem Dawodu: he's got one of the best significant strike differentials in the whole UFC, even with taking retired fighters into the equation.
People think he's boring but he's completely breaking down fighters on the feet. His clinch is a little too north american styled muay thai for my comfort (knees that literally touch the body to score points) but when he's confident in his range he throws with heat.

People think he's boring but he's completely breaking down fighters on the feet. His clinch is a little too north american styled muay thai for my comfort (knees that literally touch the body to score points) but when he's confident in his range he throws with heat.
I haven't seen him fight yet, but i'll definitely try to tune in in the future, i read a lot about stats, so this really jumped into my eye.
I don't mind fighters who don't exlcusively throw with heat all the time at all and most people are too quick to judge in that regard anyway.

Alexander Hernandez is someone that I was high on but he then got outclassed by Cerrone and won a fight against Trinaldo that I felt he lost. He still has some potential but I've pumped the brakes on him a bit.

David Teymur was flying way under the radar, and then he ran into a buzz saw in Do Bronx (albeit while flooring Do Bronx for a quick moment). I still believe he has a lot of potential but will have to respond better to aggression than he did in his last fight.

Ed Ruth's hype got thwarted a bit after he fell short against Neiman Gracie, but he is just as promising as anyone still I reckon so long as he doesn't fall in love too much with his hands and tightens up his ground game a bit.

Logan Storley has a lot of steam behind him right now, still undefeated and looking strong.

Impressed with Sodiq Yuseff a couple weeks ago
Handle Fili without much trouble who is pretty decent

I haven't seen him fight yet, but i'll definitely try to tune in in the future, i read a lot about stats, so this really jumped into my eye.
I don't mind fighters who don't exlcusively throw with heat all the time at all and most people are too quick to judge in that regard anyway.
He sorta fights at a makdessi like pace but instead of jabbing and side kicking his way out of his opponents range he engages with heavy leg kicks solid 3-5 count combos and angles really well.

Impressed with Sodiq Yuseff a couple weeks ago
Handle Fili without much trouble who is pretty decent
I though Fili won that fight but he did look good against a refreshed Fili. I'm definitely keeping an eye on him

The prospect I like is Alex Perez. He only came on to my radar in his loss to Joseph Benavidez, but since then I've gone back and watched all his UFC fights and he's both skilled and enjoyable to watch.

My JBG watch list...Ciryl Gane, Geoff Neal, Cory Sandhagen

You listed Burgos TS, I like him as well for JBG minion... very promising

<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

i was on the ryan bader bandwagon early and I thought rick story was a future champ

Back