whos the worst matchup for werdum?

I don't know how crazy this is, but I think Arlovski is a bad matchup for him. Better boxing, footwork and more power. Also has solid tdd.

Thank You. I can't believe four pages and not another taker here. JDS was the obvious.

While I am 100% on board with how much Fabracio has developed his striking since he last fought Arlovski, so has A.A. evolved.

In their first match A.A. was WAY too fast for Werdum. That hasn't changed IMO. I don't necessarily see the "improvement" on Fabracio's takedowns to be able to put A.A. on his back. Werdum was so frustrated in their first encounter not being able to catch the much quicker A.A. that his most notable offense from this fight he mounted on A.A. is forever enshrined in gif as the Verdoom Slap!:D

Andrei again UD 50-45 waltz this go round!

JDS or possibly even Barnett (although he hasn't faced elite competition in nearly a decade and is likely a shell of his former self). Reem is also tough because Werdum is not much of a 1 hit KO type of guy and it's very tough to flat out outpoint Reem in a standup fight. You either KO him or you likely lose

T Browne, Cormier, Mir, Kharitonov, Rizza, Yvel

It's JDS. JDS is a bad matchup for anyone, including Cain, which makes Cain look even greater.

JDS is awesome but tbh he also benefit from be in the recent past/current HW division, where the biggest treat was Cain and he's 1-2 against him

JDS in Pride will have been still a very top HW, but with a lot of dangerous match ups for him there

UpstandingDosSantos.gif

this

I'm gna go out on a limb here and say JDS may not heat him in a rematch. He looked considerably slower in his fight with Stipe after two brutal fight with Cain and Werdums striking has improved immensely. I think it's a very close fight

This.

Unless JDS is completely iniury-free and at 100%, a fight against Werdum at this point wouldn't go his way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back