whos the worst matchup for werdum?

Jonny Bones Jones

Potentially Overeem. He has a longer reach and is still a better striker. I think he can stay out of submissions on the ground as well

they already fought, and it was terrible.

Ben Rothwell is a possibility, Rothwell is a scrappy veteran that's faced the best guys in the division.
Ben is someone who shouldn't be taken lightly.

JDS/Arlovski/Overeem/Miocic all seem like tough fights for him.

Never realized how close Werdun was to clocking JDS in their fight. But the obvious choice is JDS great standup and takedown defense.

UpstandingDosSantos.gif

JDS with hair> Motivated Penn

I miss those days. Watching his rise up the ranks was something special, you could just feel something dangerous was about to happen.

JDS.

I'd like to see a rematch against Cain as well.

I don't know how crazy this is, but I think Arlovski is a bad matchup for him. Better boxing, footwork and more power. Also has solid tdd.

There are a lot of really interesting matchups for Werdum... I'm gonna say top 3 IMO;

1.) JDS (has to be because of the previous win)
2.) Reem also with a W over him
3.) A.A.

JDS due to his previous match with Werdum. HW is so thin right now Rothwell may be champ soon.

Cain 2 - he won't make that mistake again

Striker with good TDD aka JDS and Overeem, guys who already beat him (although I think he has a much better chance against both nowadays, particularly OvereeM)

JDS due to his previous match with Werdum. HW is so thin right now Rothwell may be champ soon.

Because werdum is the same werdum who fights jds the first time? No not all all if he was then he would be winning now would he?

overeem has beaten the best version of werdum anyone has been so he would be the good fight.

wild card - Josh Barnet

JDS is the first easy name
Assuming is in good shape JDS is a nightmare for Werdum

Another imho is Fedor, even if sound absurd
Without talking about prime kettlebell Godless etc, even the Fedor that Werdum fought.
If he refused to go on the ground with him and jump straight into his game, Fabricio imho was fucked

Many variables now, since then FW striking is improved a lot. On the other side Fedor i doubt will make the same mistake, but we don't even know how good he's as we speak

That rematch is no doubt the HW fight i will like see more

It's JDS. JDS is a bad matchup for anyone, including Cain, which makes Cain look even greater.

Back