Who's next for Lombard?

Don't take this the wrong way but Silva does not need to waste his precious time beating the medium amount of talent out of those two.

You're right. He's better suited fighting competition with even less talent than those two.

Lombard could potentially be fighting Silva within his next 2 fights depending on the match up...for example, if something happens to Belfort and Lombard steps in and Lombard crushes Bisping, he may be fast tracked to a title shot especially if Weidman is still recouping...even if he didnt get a title shot off beating Bisping, hed almost certainly be in a #1 contender fight vs Weidman...

if the UFC wants to take it slow then Cung Le or Leben would suffice in the meantime...IMO, considering who is available, Cung Le makes the most sense as of right now...both guys coming off big KO wins...def. a winnable fight for Lombard and almost guarenteed excitement...could main event a FREE card easily...

You're right. He's better suited fighting competition with even less talent than those two.

youre vastly underrating Bisping...id favor him against both Lombard and Weidman...he has good enough TDD to not be held on the ground...good cardio...decent boxing...i can see him squeeking out decisions against both...not to say i cant see him also losing these fights either but hed be in both of these fights no question...

Like to see him vs Weidman or the winner of Vitor v Bisping

youre vastly underrating Bisping...id favor him against both Lombard and Weidman...he has good enough TDD to not be held on the ground...good cardio...decent boxing...i can see him squeeking out decisions against both...not to say i cant see him also losing these fights either but hed be in both of these fights no question...

On the contrary, I actually dig Bisping and he's continued to prove naysayers wrong. I just don't foresee him having the offense to compete with Silva. Weidman and Lombard on the other hand are considerably more aggressive which I believe is necessary to even complete with Silva, let alone beat him.

Lombard could potentially be fighting Silva within his next 2 fights depending on the match up...for example, if something happens to Belfort and Lombard steps in and Lombard crushes Bisping, he may be fast tracked to a title shot especially if Weidman is still recouping...even if he didnt get a title shot off beating Bisping, hed almost certainly be in a #1 contender fight vs Weidman...

if the UFC wants to take it slow then Cung Le or Leben would suffice in the meantime...IMO, considering who is available, Cung Le makes the most sense as of right now...both guys coming off big KO wins...def. a winnable fight for Lombard and almost guarenteed excitement...could main event a FREE card easily...

Cung Lee Lombard could be interesting, although I think Lombard would crush him as he did Palhares pretty easily. The prospect of Lombard fighting Silva is intriguing though, and the UFC don't need many excuses to make fights they wanna see. I mean Diaz doesn't deserve the shot against GSP, and Chael doesn't deserve the Jones fight, so if it's something they wanna see, I recon they will make it happen. And given the power Lombard possesses, along with the fact neither of them will want to take it to the ground, this would be Silvas biggest threat yet, & taking into consideration the way Lombard destroys people I think the UFC may well make it happen as everyone already knows what Lombard brings, & Silva may actually want the challenge.

Stann, Bisping, Rockhold, Okami if he beats Belcher.

Lots of options.

lombard vs cung le would be interesting! i think cung wins....

I know someone made a thread about this as a possible fight ight afterb lombards last but its a good idea ..still callin for vitor to get injured though cause he is a "company man"

Maybe Weidman since he's without a fight.

However I wouldn't mind seeing him fight Bisping since there's a lot of tension there.

How long is Weidman out? I thought I remember 6 months, which is too long for Lombard to wait.

If Bisping beats Vitor he will get the title shot. Anderson want's it since Bisping has literally no chance, and Dana probably want's it since Bisping talks shit.

Didn't he ask for Bisping?

I would like to see him fight Weidman, more because Chris hasn't faced a striker yet and despite that fact is telling everyone he's #1 contender.

I say if you are going to go up against the best striker in the business, at least take a fight against someone who will hit you. Like Vitor or Lombard.

Isnt Cung Le going to take a long break and/or retire now? That fight suggestion makes no sense to me. Cung isnt a contender.
Weidman needs a tune up fight when he comes back. A fight vs. Belcher/Okami winner works if a lot of people see it, or stepping in for Vitor against Bisping.

Cung Le is a good test to see if Hector can be effective with his Wild Striking.

Back