Who's next for Lombard?

PoisonGodMachin

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Personally I wanna see him fight Silva, but not sure that will happen yet, although the UFC were planning on making Lombard vs Silva had he beaten Boetsch impressively, so it's possible.

Last edited:
There's a number of good fights at MW, and I imagine he'll be fighting a Top 10 fighter in his next bout. I'd be interested in him fighting any of them to be honest.

Wouldn't get your hopes up on the Silva fight though. Somehow I don't see Silva jumping at that opportunity too quickly.

a few more contenders... he blew his shot at the fast track to title shot with the boetsch fight

Maybe Weidman since he's without a fight.

However I wouldn't mind seeing him fight Bisping since there's a lot of tension there.

There's a number of good fights at MW, and I imagine he'll be fighting a Top 10 fighter in his next bout. I'd be interested in him fighting any of them to be honest.

Wouldn't get your hopes up on the Silva fight though. Somehow I don't see Silva jumping at that opportunity too quickly.

Why? I'm sure Silva would love to fight a wild crazy striker, those are usually his best fights. Especially if Hector racks up a couple more quality wins and gets some hype going.

Yeah, who is he going to lose to for his title shot?

Why? I'm sure Silva would love to fight a wild crazy striker, those are usually his best fights. Especially if Hector racks up a couple more quality wins and gets some hype going.

he is also an olympic judoka...

he is also an olympic judoka...

I didn't mention it because I don't see it being of any use to him in a fight with Silva. He'll have to get within striking range to clinch, and even if he gets past Silva's fists, knees and elbows, Silva is extremely strong in the clinch.

Eh, and I hope this doesn't get taken the wrong way but ... I just don't see him taking a fight with Lombard, same way I don't see him taking a fight with Weidman.

I just have a feeling Silva is going to cherry pick his opponents from this point on, starting with Bisping.

Hopefully the Stan-Wand winner.. Fireworks no matter which

when Leben beats Vemola, I'd love to see Lombard/Leben, but we will probably get Lombard vs Munoz or Weidman. or maybe we'll get a wildcard fight like Kennedy or Jacare.

A skill set he rarely utilizes, unfortunately. Not sure it would do him much good against AS.
Yeah, I remember reading somewhere he stopped training in judo shortly after getting his MMA career going.

Back