Who's next for Lombard?

He should get Anderson Silva thats the main reason he came over to UFC if Nick Diaz got a shot against George even though he shit himself and didn't turn up to Press conference and if Shields got a shot at George because he had the Strikeforce belt .

Lombard should get the shot next .

It would be a great fight . Who knows maybe Hector lands on Silva and finishes him .

No way in hell this guys has earned a shot against AS

yah he was bellator champ but needs to work his way up first especially after his initial loss. But I am sure that many of us are very interested in the prospect of that fight.

There is absolutely no way he has deserved a shot. He lost to Boetsch and than beat a man that is not even a top 10 middleweight. He needs it least another 4 wins with it least 2 top 10 wins before even being considered in my opinion.

wouldnt mind seeing lombard vs. cung le or leben...fights v. belfort and bisping would be great too...

He should get Anderson Silva thats the main reason he came over to UFC if Nick Diaz got a shot against George even though he shit himself and didn't turn up to Press conference and if Shields got a shot at George because he had the Strikeforce belt .

Lombard should get the shot next .

It would be a great fight . Who knows maybe Hector lands on Silva and finishes him .

By that logic, rockhold would also be next in line once strikeforce closes its doors.

There is absolutely no way he has deserved a shot. He lost to Boetsch and than beat a man that is not even a top 10 middleweight. He needs it least another 4 wins with it least 2 top 10 wins before even being considered in my opinion.

... considering the current belt contenders in other divisions, ....

yah he was bellator champ but needs to work his way up first especially after his initial loss. But I am sure that many of us are very interested in the prospect of that fight.

Sort of interested, but not really because I think Hector can actually beat Anderson. Hard to explain my interest.

I think he could take out Weidman actually. Looks like Weidman isn't fighting AS soon so unless they can match Lombard up before Weidman is off his injury (he said he could come back May) that would be good. Everyone else is busy with Bisping getting a title shot if he wins and Belcher-Okami, though you could set up the winner of that to face Lombard. (Yes, I think Lombard would wreck either one of them too.)

I'm not saying Lombard is without a doubt #2 in the division but I believe he could beat most in the top 10, especially Boestch if they had a rematch. Boestch looked God awful in that fight, more so than Lombard (horrible decision despite Lombard not doing much,) and I think Lombard would knock his head off.

If silva fought lombard he'd beat him with his hands lower than my great grandma's nipples

give him andy so he can continue his winning streak to 3-0 in the ufc

Yeah true, there isn't many other contenders. But still I think he needs more fights and wins.

Ya, I agree with you, though I don't know about 4 wins. Give him a Top 10 fighter and if he wins convincingly then I say he's earned his shot. He had an impressive win streak prior to coming to the UFC (against some lesser competition mind you, but still). One, two wins at the most.

Win or lose against Boetsch, I would like to see him fight Costa.

Like the Bisping and Okami-Belcher winner/loser, aswell.

Eh, and I hope this doesn't get taken the wrong way but ... I just don't see him taking a fight with Lombard, same way I don't see him taking a fight with Weidman.

I just have a feeling Silva is going to cherry pick his opponents from this point on, starting with Bisping.

Don't take this the wrong way but Silva does not need to waste his precious time beating the medium amount of talent out of those two.

Back